Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

+8
Xpert2010
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Wiggles1778
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:Ok with me. Now Interceptor doesn't have to worry about me "accidently" bumping into him. Also Kenny shouldn't be running me off the road if I'm on his team. Atrum, don't glitch into me anymore!

Team Team-Kill! lol

Also, here's a thread I posted with some racing tips for everyone. It's pretty general stuff but I hope someone will get something useful out of it.
https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/t5825-how-to-not-ruin-your-night-racing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I'll be honest. If the whole "team" thing meant anything I'd race differently, but since it's really meaningless I don't see anything changing. Although I try to race everybody clean anyways. I'm not sure that anybody being on the other team or on my team will make any difference.

If the official season was based off of team points then it would be a completely different ballgame. I've raced in leagues where all that mattered was team scores and things are totally different then.

Just my .02
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:I'll be honest. If the whole "team" thing meant anything I'd race differently, but since it's really meaningless I don't see anything changing. Although I try to race everybody clean anyways. I'm not sure that anybody being on the other team or on my team will make any difference.

If the official season was based off of team points then it would be a completely different ballgame. I've raced in leagues where all that mattered was team scores and things are totally different then.

Just my .02

I think the teams are going to grow to mean more and more as the season goes on. Eventually the overall standings get fairly cemented in place (typically). If you have a 40 point lead on the spot below you, you know where you're finishing. However, the points you contribute can make a big difference for the team.

It might not be our central point now, but as I said; it could definitely become a big thing later in the season.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Yeah, the Team thing is purely just for fun. Just another way to rub in a victory/loss with your friends.

@ Atrum. Great stuff there. I will try to come up with some helpful stuff too.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 pm

AtrumX wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:I'll be honest. If the whole "team" thing meant anything I'd race differently, but since it's really meaningless I don't see anything changing. Although I try to race everybody clean anyways. I'm not sure that anybody being on the other team or on my team will make any difference.

Just my .02

I think the teams are going to grow to mean more and more as the season goes on. Eventually the overall standings get fairly cemented in place (typically). If you have a 40 point lead on the spot below you, you know where you're finishing. However, the points you contribute can make a big difference for the team.

It might not be our central point now, but as I said; it could definitely become a big thing later in the season.

Only problem I have with something like "it could definitely become a big thing later in the season" doesn't make sense to me personally. The way I look at it is that it should either be individual based racing or team based racing. That is just my opinion though, the majority might look at it differently and that's fine.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Yeah, if anyone else has some good tips I'm sure people would appreciate it. I think a lot of our tense situations could be avoided with just a little more knowledge all around. Not that people don't know their stuff, just some people might not be on the same page as others.

@ Husker. You're right, individual racing is the main thing and always will be. I think of team racing as motivation for someone to show up that is 'locked' into their place later on in the season.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:18 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Only problem I have with something like "it could definitely become a big thing later in the season" doesn't make sense to me personally. The way I look at it is that it should either be individual based racing or team based racing. That is just my opinion though, the majority might look at it differently and that's fine.

Think of it as personal motivation to show and race your best. The better you do the better your team does. By no means are you supposed to help a teammate, block other teams or take anyone out. That is why it's Just For Fun. But it can still be fun to see your team take the win for the night. Especially if you are personally stuck in 7th place or something. Or maybe that personal best 5th place finish puts you team over the top for the night. Stuff like that. Plus bragging rights.

For instance....

Suck it Blue Team!!!! Get PWND by mathematics!!!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Lickwid Apex wrote:

Kenny on the other hand can suck it. Wink Try to push me off track in a straight when I CLEARLY have more speed.. you gonna get the pit maneuver son!. Twisted Evil

That car wasn't faster than mine, you just ended up drafting to victory.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Shuntentatsu wrote:
Lickwid Apex wrote:

Kenny on the other hand can suck it. Wink Try to push me off track in a straight when I CLEARLY have more speed.. you gonna get the pit maneuver son!. Twisted Evil

That car wasn't faster than mine, you just ended up drafting to victory.

lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Idk if I'll keep racing. Most if the night was not fun and the couple intense fun races just didn't balance out the crap. Did anyone save the replay from the last race (Ladera)?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Oooh, nice to see all those colors on the cars for once instead of just seeing mostly all black cars on the track, lol.

Hey Husker, it will take some time but you can DL the FREE car from every pack and then you will see everyone without having to buy every single pack. The downside is it will take some time. When you DL the FREE car, you actually DL the whole pack so the DL times are a little long for "one" car. This is what I did. I only own like 2 packs but I always DL the FREE car so I can see everyone.

* not true with Porsche. No FREE cars in that pack.

Coool wasn't aware I could do that. Downloading all but the Porsche pack now. Thanks.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:55 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Idk if I'll keep racing. Most if the night was not fun and the couple intense fun races just didn't balance out the crap. Did anyone save the replay from the last race (Ladera)?

I did, as proof for Kenny intentionally hitting me off the track (twice) Smile
Is there something that you'd like for me to look for?
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:30 pm

I'd like to see what happened to put me into the wall on the first lap. I was I the lead coming out of the hard left turn at the far end from the finish and when I went to accelerate into the straightaway I got hit into the wall. I don't know if you can cut a clip of that section and post it up or message it to me on the forum so I could see it, but I'd appreciate it if you could.

And I'm sorry I didn't say this already, but congrats to Husker for slaying the Dark Horse. Looks like someone had your number Zak. Very Happy
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:30 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Oooh, nice to see all those colors on the cars for once instead of just seeing mostly all black cars on the track, lol.

Hey Husker, it will take some time but you can DL the FREE car from every pack and then you will see everyone without having to buy every single pack. The downside is it will take some time. When you DL the FREE car, you actually DL the whole pack so the DL times are a little long for "one" car. This is what I did. I only own like 2 packs but I always DL the FREE car so I can see everyone.

* not true with Porsche. No FREE cars in that pack.

Coool wasn't aware I could do that. Downloading all but the Porsche pack now. Thanks.

I had no clue either. Looks like I have some downloads to do.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:11 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I'd like to see what happened to put me into the wall on the first lap. I was I the lead coming out of the hard left turn at the far end from the finish and when I went to accelerate into the straightaway I got hit into the wall. I don't know if you can cut a clip of that section and post it up or message it to me on the forum so I could see it, but I'd appreciate it if you could.

Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:41 am

So that's exactly what I thought happened, I was making the turn and he got into my quarter panel and pitted me. Sorry to whomever I caught coming back onto the track.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Have to admit, you guys were pretty close and Apex had a pretty good line on that turn that didn't sacrifice his speed, so the reaction time to avoid an accident like that would have to be kinda fast. I probably would have done the same thing if I were Apex to be honest. Apex was waiting for you to get back on the track to get ahead of him after the accident, but then you had a collision with Interceptor. I don't think you should let it get to you. I understand because four out of the seven races for me were sh1t because of mostly accidents (*cough*Kenny*cough). It's frustrating when it does happen, but I know it is usually out of peoples control, so I don't let it get to me if it's an accident. Just need to get back on the track and obtain the best possible position that you can.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 pm

While that was unfortunate wreck, with what I've seen while racing what little I have with Apex, I'm confident in saying it was definitely an accident. I'd be willing to bet that when you got loose there he thought you were going push further out then you did. Had you pushed out just a bit more that would have been a nice pass. However I can understand your frustration because in the end it's the guy behind that has to make that split second decision. Unfortunately it ended up like it did.

The ONLY thing I had a problem with the entire night was one particular person that wrecked me twice and instead of saying anything he just laughed. Gaining a reputation as a "wrecker" isn't funny in league racing.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:Idk if I'll keep racing. Most if the night was not fun and the couple intense fun races just didn't balance out the crap. Did anyone save the replay from the last race (Ladera)?

I did, as proof for Kenny intentionally hitting me off the track (twice) Smile
Is there something that you'd like for me to look for?

I would like to see what happened to me in the first 10 seconds of the first lap, if you have time. I just want to know who to hold the friendly grudge against and see if it was avoidable (I can't see how it wasn't) or lag or something. Thanks!

Grats again Husker!

Now that my head is cooler...
I rage quit that last race after getting crushed from behind. It was before the first turn, I don't even think I had started breaking for it yet and we were still accelerating from launch. A black Bora with more accel/launch just pushed from behind and turned me sideways and I was hit by the other 8 or so cars as they passed too. That after having to wait all race because I wasn't at the controller in time for the 6th race - got back 2 minutes too late so I joined Xpert on the side of the road. A race before that I flipped it on Nurburg - entirely my own fault which sucks because I was running very well before that. In the races before that I was victim of some aggressive inside passing, but that's all good. Very first race I picked a terrible tune I hadn't tested.

So all in all I had a bad racing night - only one 6th place finish. My frustration was high so that pushing me out of the way on the final race was the last straw on making me turn it off for the night. I did bump a couple people unintentionally, but am proud to say I didn't cause any race ending wrecks. The lag was pretty bad all evening. Kenny got obliterated by it on one race.

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:09 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:I'd like to see what happened to put me into the wall on the first lap. I was I the lead coming out of the hard left turn at the far end from the finish and when I went to accelerate into the straightaway I got hit into the wall. I don't know if you can cut a clip of that section and post it up or message it to me on the forum so I could see it, but I'd appreciate it if you could.

That was an unfortunate accident. Apex showed a lot of class by waiting for you to get started forward again. The reentry onto the track could have bit just a tad bit cleaner though Laughing
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:54 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:
I would like to see what happened to me in the first 10 seconds of the first lap, if you have time. I just want to know who to hold the friendly grudge against and see if it was avoidable (I can't see how it wasn't) or lag or something. Thanks!

The play-by-play:
1.) Coolhand bumps into OC.
2.) Wiggles plows into Coolhand.
3.) Interceptor gets a good hit on Coolhand while Coolhand spins out after Wiggles hit.

Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Xpert, I hit you on 1 track, that being Ladera. The 3 other crashes you had have nothing to do with me, so drop it. I already said it was my fault so you need to relax.

I already know I'm not the best driver when it comes to control, but don't try to talk like you don't cause accidents though.

But whatever sh1t happens, E--class is the future
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:16 pm

That wreck on Ladera ruined my night too. Probably cost me 1stlace so I feel your pain guys. But don't let it spoil the fun. It's gonna happen. Even thought we try to race clean, sh1t happens. I the end it's all good. I still had a blast and I am thrilled that Husker won. Bring on the E-Class.

Besides, I did finish in "Second place baby, yeah!"
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Shuntentatsu wrote:Xpert, I hit you on 1 track, that being Ladera. The 3 other crashes you had have nothing to do with me, so drop it. I already said it was my fault so you need to relax.
I already know I'm not the best driver when it comes to control, but don't try to talk like you don't cause accidents though.

Like you had no control when you were pushing Apex into the grass on Nürburgring. Or I remember from last season when you did the same thing to Apex when he was on your ass the most of the time and decided to pass you on the final straight except you made sure he didn't finish ahead of you there. If those were actually accidents then I'm sorry for ever doubting you Kenny.
I'm not saying I don't cause accidents either. I know I have and I did in that last tournament. I know i hit puppet on one of the races at a turn. We were both taking the turn a bit awkward, I hit him and we both spun out. And i did apologize afterwards. And I know I've caused plenty of accidents in previous tournaments, especially when I first started playing.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:47 pm

The beginning of Interceptor's unfortunate downfall, and the start of an upsetting night for me as well.

Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next