Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3

+4
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
Lickwid Apex
S7 Interseptor
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:34 pm

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3

We are off to a great start and thing have NEVER BEEN CLOSER to start off the season.  We have a 3-WAY TIE for 1st followed directly by another tie for 4th!  It's an amazing start to a season that promises to be one of the best we have ever had.  I can't wait to see where the rest of this season takes us.  Unfortunately, we are going to have to wait just a little bit longer as we have an off week for the 4th of July.  Regular season resumes again on July 18th, 2013.  So be sure to take the extra time to prepare.  Hot Lap Challenges will continue as normal and will Apex's Open Track Night's so you can still get your race on.  See you guys on the track.

Forza News:

Last week was once again an amazing night of racing.  9 members showed up to battle it out (and Reggie too at the end of the night).  Newer members continue to step it up and the Vets are on the ropes trying to stay in it.  We had a great showing from everyone and racing was mostly clean all night.  It was great racing down to the wire with several spots tited for different places.  We had a tie for first early on with 3rd place only 1 point behind.  Then later a different tie for 1st with a 3-way tie for 3rd!  It was truly amazing but in the end Apex proved his superior driving skills and constant finishes were more than enough to take the WIN!  He podiumed in every single race and managed to win 2 races out right.  Congratz Apex, E-Class Champion - Season 3!

The rest of the pack did a great job as well.  Interseptor, Husker, Wiggles and Xpert all battled it out for the remaining top spots.  While Kenny locked up 6th place followed by Puppet, Knightowl and OC.  It was close racing and amazing finishes.  A few bad wrecks and lag spikes too just to keep things interesting.  In the end it was very close but we managed to find our way.  Special props to all that showed up and raced. We had a great time and I can't wait to do it again!  I have been especially impressed with Xpert, Apex and Husker.  These guys have been putting in the time and really improving their skill level.  Also and shout out to OC who tried Manual for the first time and is making the switch going forward.  Bold move that should pay off in the coming weeks.  I was also glad to see Puppet back for another round. I think everything went much smoother this time around.  And finally props to KnightOwl for his second showing in the Championship Series.  He has reciently vowed for a better showing so watch out guys!  At the end of the night, the final points looked like this:

E Class Results

93 - Apex (2 Wins, 7 Podiums)
84 - Interseptor (4 Wins, 5 Podiums)
70 - Husker (1 Win, 4 Podiums)
69 - Xpert (3 Podiums)
67 - Wiggles (2 Podiums)
46 - Kenny
39 - Puppet
38 - KnightOwl
31 - OC
1 - Reggie

Season Standings
26 - Apex (3 Wins, 11 Podiums)
26 - Husker (2 Wins, 10 Podiums)
26 - Interseptor (7 Wins, 10 Podiums)
16 - Wiggles (1 Win, 3 Podiums)
16 - Xpert (4 Podiums)
13 - Kenny
10 - KnightOwl
9 - Atrum (1 Win, 3 Podiums)
8 - Puppet
7 - OC
4 - TiptonGang (1 Podium)
3 - Reggie
1 - Coolhand
0 - Klown
0 - Glock

(WOW!  Look at those standing!!!)

D-Class Info:

This week we are looking forward to the D-Class Tourney.  This tourney will be held on Thursday on July 18.  So at this point we have pleny of time to prep.  Almost a full month to build, test and tweak your rides.  Smart drivers will use this time to really nqail down their cars.  And with things being so close on the Season standings, this extra time could be critical.  D-class steps up the action and finally starts to add some real depth to the cars available.  Look for both ultra handeling as well as the introduction of muscle cars too.  Things are about to get very interesting.  There are no car restrictions aside from the fact that they must be D-Class.  Powertrain, upgrades, paint?  It's all up to you!  Drivers will meet up in 3 weeks, at which point we will see who has what it takes to win. 

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday, July 18, 2013
Time: EVENT starts at 9:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: D-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: TBA
# of Races: 7
# of Laps:  TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track.  The person with the most points will be the F4 D-Class Champion for Season 3. 

You will also earn points towards our Overall Season Standing.

PRIZES:
*Official Trophy
*All participants will once again earn 1 entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the season.
(the more events you make it to the more entries you get)

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Lickwid Apex Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

VICTORY!!!

Great racing guys.  Like above, we get a whole month to prep for D class.  Its gettin real in here.  See you guys on for practice nights.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Looking forward to it.  Won't be around much the next 2 weeks with getting ready for vacation and then being out of town all next week, but at least I'll have a week and a half to catch up when I get back.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks for the writeup! Can't wait for this next tournament. I'll be on racing daily to get ready for this.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:33 am

I freaked out last night at 10:30 EST thinking I had missed this event and no one texted me or anything. See you all on the 18th!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:41 am

uhg, I need to get on and make some cars and do my hot laps.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:59 am

Less than a week away.  I will be putting some time into this over the next few days.  If anyone needs any help let me know.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm

Tourney is finally coming up this Thursday!  I hope to see you guys there.  I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to race or tune or whatever.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:06 pm

I will likely be on later on tonight (12 EST)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:37 am

less than 48 hours... dun dun duuuunnnnn.....
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Practice last night was a good place to solidify your car on the track. And Xpert despite speaking to his dogs on the phone, was able to focus and improve lap after lap... track for track.   Tonight should prove interesting so long as I can get through the tiny gap between the wall and Ineterceptor this time.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Lickwid Apex wrote: was able to focus and improve lap after lap... track for track. 

Except Le Mans
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
Lickwid Apex wrote: was able to focus and improve lap after lap... track for track. 

Except Le Mans
Which was a huge surprise for me!  I can't believe I pulled out 158mph from my RX-7.  I am gonna benchmark it tonight and I promise 140ish is all it will claim I can do.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:00 pm

I've got something for that Rx7 if LeMans comes up.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Lickwid Apex wrote:I've got something for that Rx7 if LeMans comes up.
LOL!  Like it was a threat.  The ONLY reason I hit 158 was off of your draft!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Gotta break 165 now.  Very Happy  My acceleration takes a major hit, but top speed on that lightyear of a back straight may prove to be an opportunity.  I should paint rockets on the back trunk lid.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Race results are in. And its another close freakin' race.

99 Interceptor
93 Lickwid Apex
75 Xpert
69 Knight Owl
52 Coolhand
49 SockPuppet
46 OC
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 am

Was some good racing.  I was able to keep up with Interceptor and Apex on a few tracks, and if I wasn't having battles with them, I was having battles with KightOwl. Fun night.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 am

Yes, yes it was great racing.  Minimal wrecks occurred despite the amount of paint an decals that were swapped between racers.  I can only recall 1 or 2 "OMG" moments followed by actual crashing.  I'm looking forward to getting into faster pace races and less delay between events.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah, great night of racing.  Races were close with several ties once again at various levels of competition.  I ended up having to race my prized California 250 just to keep up with Apex's Stratos but I was able to mix in some of my Lotus too.  It was a blast and everyone seemed to have fun.  Very little/no drama, great races, close finishes and good times.  Doesn't get any better.

EDIT: I'll post up a picture in the next few days.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:54 am

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. A quick visit to the grandparents house turned into a whole big event. Advice: Don't let your kids near water or they'll never want to leave.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Had fun, look forward to the next time.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 pm

I just wish that I had used my MR-S on that first track (Maple Valley I think), because I was able to keep up with Interceptor during the practice night on that track with it.  It felt like my car was sabotaged during the tournament until it was pointed out to me at the end of the race that I wasn't using the MR-S XD.   FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Sorry that I got mixed up into you Apex on Fujimi.   I'm used to how the back of the pack races and I just don't get enough time with you guys a the front so I get nervous and clip walls like I did.  If I remember right though you were able to get back up to like 2nd or 3rd so I hope it didn't completely ruin your race.  

As for those of us at the back it was a good time mixin it up with Kevin and Luke.  Lots of close races and a couple were run always.   I look forward to some high speed (and hopefully short track) C class racing.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:55 pm

I had a good time wish I had more time to put into this one so my performance could have been better but like always some good racing in the back of the pack

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next