Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1

+10
Shuntentatsu
S7 Riff Raff
S7 Glock
PootyPoo22
DeadSockPuppet
racecardriver23
S7 Epic
Atrum
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1 Empty S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 pm

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1

Well, we are off to a great start! The season premier event was a huge success with a turnout of 12 people! It was the biggest racing field we have ever had in our Forza Series. And because Forza 4 allows up to 16 people no one had to qualify or sit out the race. We had many of the usual suspects as well as some new comers. It was great to see some fresh faces and the racing was competitive and clean all night long. It was a great time and I look forward to many more exciting nights of racing.

Forza News -

Yesterday, we we got together for the first event of the season. It was VERY intense as usual. There were some great moments, close races and memorable mistakes. **cough Kenny on his side cough**. Unfortunately I missed the first 2 races due to internet failure so I started with a serious handicap. Fortunately I was able to really open it up and finished 1st place in all five events I was able to race. Still, it was not quite enough to overtake the lead that Wiggles had gained in my absence. Props to Wiggles who raced well all night long and took top honors at the end of the night (1st place). Despite my slow start I still managed to lock down 2nd place with Epic right on my heals in 3rd. Liquid Apex also had a solid night for his first event with the clan, claiming 4th place overall and 3 podium finishes! The next section features more of our veteran drivers, Coolhand, Kenny and Atrum. Coolhand locked down 5th place by a margin of only 2 points and Kenny and Atrum tied for 6th place. Next up was Pooty in 8th. He did surprisingly considering he had no mic and connection/lag issues all night. Even managed a podium finish! Also props to RaceCar, Benji and Riff Raff who finished 9th, 10th and 11th place respectively. All three of these guys raced well all night. Rounding out the field was OC 12th. Overall Season Standings are as follows...

Wiggles - 20pts
Interseptor - 17pts
Epic - 15pts
LiquidApex- 14pts
Coolhand - 13pts
Kenny - 12pts
Atrum - 12pts
Pooty - 10pts
Racecar - 9pts
Benji - 8pts
Riff Raff - 7pts
OC - 6pts

Well that wraps up the news, now on to the next event. It should be very exciting to see where this season takes us.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, without further delay, I am proud to present the S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1. We are off to a good start and ready to roll. It's time to get to work and start building/tuning your E-Class Cars. You have a little more wiggle room this time and more car options but it will still come down to the drivers who are the most prepared. Drivers will have till Thursday, February 2nd to build, tune and test their cars at which point we will meet up and see who has what it takes to win. Get a solid car and start practicing those tracks.

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday February 2, 2011
Time: Racing starts at 8:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: E-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: Random - Player based
# of Races: 7
# of Laps: TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track. The person with the most points will be the E-Class Champion for Season 1. Your overall placement will go towards your season standing.

PRIZES: Trophy in the Official Trophy Case

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1

Post by S7 OC Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Very nice looking to get out of the bottom few classes and into some better cars.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1

Post by Atrum Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:19 pm

This next race should be fun. I'll definitely be looking to overtake a few people now that I'll have Internet to race ghosts with.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:35 pm

I think I'll be using that C1 again, maybe have a faster car ready for tracks like sunset.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by racecardriver23 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 pm

I can't believe I haven't played this game before! I had a blast last night racing with everyone, I just hope I can find some more time before each event to get used to the speeds of each class so I can stay off of everybody. I wrecked myself a few times last night just making sure I didn't mess anyone else up while I'm getting used to the game and I'm sure it'll get harder the bigger the class. So my apologies up front to my first victim Smile .
racecardriver23
racecardriver23
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : racecardriver23

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:28 pm

The tournaments really make this game amazing. Make sure you hit me up if you see me online and we can go over tunes/tracks.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:45 am

The best part about the tourney system is that if you keep making cars for each tourney, even if you can't end up racing, the speeds and difficulty go up at a steady pace so you can adjust your driving accordingly. The difficulty doesn't get too rough until you get up to around A-class where one wrong move can drop the leader to last place and give you almost no chance to regain your position. I look forward to this tourny and I'll probably be taking a break from SKYRIM!!! to put together some cars so if you're looking for someone to test a ride against hit me up and we can do a little racing.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 am

Whats the max you can fit in a game of Forza soccer? Would be cool to have another tourney of it. Maybe split into team of 3 and have the rest spectate...?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am

Forza soccer would be awesome 8v8 lol.
On a side not, tuning up an mx-5 that is surprisingly quick. Will be hot lapping it today.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Decided to try out the 131 Abarth today. Upgrade only (absolutely 0 tuning) and it's within about a second of a top 2500 time.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah, I ran that for the the race at Sunset. Pretty decent little car, doesn't handle as well as the C1 but its a car length or two faster on straights like Mugello.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:52 am

S7 Epic wrote:Yeah, I ran that for the the race at Sunset. Pretty decent little car, doesn't handle as well as the C1 but its a car length or two faster on straights like Mugello.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid leader board cars this time around (elan, spark, c1, etc) and it seems pretty decent so far.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by PootyPoo22 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 am

I'm bringing all leaderboard cars just to spite all of you haha!
PootyPoo22
PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PootyPoo22

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:04 am

Then you get a preemptive DOUCHEBAG.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:19 am

PootyPoo22 wrote:I'm bringing all leaderboard cars just to spite all of you haha!

Just make sure you have a non-leader board car which you can race once and then use in the group photo....

AGAIN.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by PootyPoo22 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Na I"m just playin. Probably won't be at the next one
PootyPoo22
PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:52 pm

PootyPoo22 wrote:Na I"m just playin. Probably won't be at the next one

Why not? You are a good driver and it would be a shame to miss out.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Yeah man, definitely show up pooty.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by PootyPoo22 Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:47 pm

I don't know. This last one was really frustrating. I wasn't really competitive. And then I get sh1t about my connection when 1) once I get connected, nobody's had any problems with it before and 2) it's all shits and giggles when Zak's connection is so bad he's literally freakin\' hovering above the track and causing accident because he's jumping around so much. We'll see how I feel when the time comes.
PootyPoo22
PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:32 pm

PootyPoo22 wrote:I don't know. This last one was really frustrating. I wasn't really competitive. And then I get sh1t about my connection when 1) once I get connected, nobody's had any problems with it before and 2) it's all shits and giggles when Zak's connection is so bad he's literally freakin\' hovering above the track and causing accident because he's jumping around so much. We'll see how I feel when the time comes.

I am sorry to hear that. I know OC was upset but he understands it wasn't your fault. It sucks but it happens sometimes. Trust me, I know. I have had bad connections and it's never fun. Still, all things concidered I think you did well. Even managed a podium finish, which in this crowd is not easy to do.

I hope you reconsider. This season is going to be a blast and I would love to see you there. Hopefully with a mic next time Wink
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Pooty you should continue to show if you can I know you can't control your connection and I did get mad in the heat of competition and me just trying to race the best I could. I got bumped a few times by you. It happens in forza by sorry if upset you or offended you.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Yeah, these things happen when the races are close. I know Epic and I have had tournaments where we mutually wanted to kill the other afterward. It's all a part of racing and it happens. Just as long as it doesn't get to a big bear level there's no hard feelings and it's all normal gaming sh!t-talking.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 pm

That said, I would encourage everyone to work on your race craft. At the top end of the racers, things can get extremely close and still be fair. Wiggles and Zak can probably attest to this better than anyone. There have been plenty of races where we've constantly been swapping places and nobody has been wrecked out.

Obviously, there are always going to be accidents purely because of how different the cars are. I generally set my cars for grip and braking and then do my overtaking up the inside and brake late into a corner. Now, this is fine if the other guy knows racing well enough to know that he's going to have to taker a wider, but faster, line and come back at me out of the corner. What I see from from racers is that they just just follow the same line with no consideration to the positioning of cars around them.

All it takes is for one bump to a cornering car and in seconds you can have two thirds of the players with heavily damaged cars.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:37 am

My E Class ride
S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1 S7RacingCivic2

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 1 S7RacingCivic1

What do you guys think of the paint?
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:59 am

That paint job could use a Ferrari badge or two...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next