Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

+5
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 OC
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:52 pm

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

We have finally made it to my 2 favorite classes.  A Class and S Class are just simply the best classes in the game.  Pretty much anything goes at this point and you can make a competitive car out of pretty much anything.  Last week we got to see Atrum take is first overall victory for the season (Congrats!!!) and Wiggles made a triumphant return.  It was a good night of racing.  9 Members showed up and the racing was fun all night.  It was a hell of a night and things are only going to get better.  I can't wait to see how it all finishes out.  

Hot Lap Challenges continue this week for A-Class and Apex's Open Track Night will be tonight and next Wednesday.  See you guys on the track.

Forza News:

Last week saw some amazing races and good times.  Atrum took top honors for the night and fought tooth and nail to get the win.  Virtually tied with Interseptor going in to the final race it was anyone's race to win.  Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, the last race was less than spectacular but in the end it didn't matter.  Atrum raced amazingly well in a very fast cars.  Congratz again, you deserve it.  Very impressive performance.  Up next was the battle for the third spot pf the podium.  Wiggles showed up for the first time in a long time and after takign a few races to warm up, was back in action.  With a strong finish over Xpert and KnightOwl, Wiggles took the honor of 3rd.  KnightOwl had a good showing once again this week and continues to show promise every week.  Keep an eye on this one for the last few Tourneys.  I think he may surprise some people.

The rest of the pack was equally heated with Reggie (sir Reginald Bradford Carmichael III Esq), Tipton, Puppet and Coolhand battling it out all night.  Each had solid finishes themselves and things were pretty well mixed-up all night.  Several time during the night points separating position was down to 1 or 2 points all across the board.  It was one of the closest night of racing we have had in a wile.  Reggie and Tipton ended in a tie with everyone else close behind.  And perhaps more importantly, it was fun.  I think we all have a good time.  When the dust settled, the final standings looked like this:

B Class Results:

92 - Atrum (4 Wins, 6 Podiums)
83 - Interseptor (2 Wins, 5 Podiums)
74 - Wiggles (5 Podiums)
70 - KnightOwl (1 Wins, 3 Podiums)
66 - Xpert (3 Podiums)
48 - Reggie
48 - Tipton
36 - Puppet
25 - Coolhand

Season Standings:

67 - Interseptor
50 - Xpert
48 - Apex
36 - KnightOwl
35 - Atrum
27 - Wiggles
26 - Husker
25 - Puppet
19 - Coolhand
17 - OC
17 - TiptonGang
13 - Kenny
10 - Reggie
0 - Klown
0 - Glock

A-Class Info:

This week we are looking forward to the A-Class Tourney.  This tourney will be held on Thursday on August 29.  That leaves a little over one week to get prepared.  Better get to it guys!  A-Class is pretty much wide open now.  You can build pretty much any type of car you like and we start to see some cool exotics.  Lots of options and faster cars than ever.  Things continue to surprise me and I can't wait to see what everyone brings to the party.  There are no car restrictions aside from the fact that they must be A-Class.  Power-train, upgrades, paint?  It's all up to you!  Drivers will meet up in just over 1 week, at which point we will see who has what it takes to win.  

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday, August 29, 2013
Time: EVENT starts at 9:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: A-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: TBA
# of Races: 7
# of Laps:  TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track.  The person with the most points will be the F4 A-Class Champion for Season 3.  

You will also earn points towards our Overall Season Standing.

PRIZES:
*Official Trophy
*All participants will once again earn 1 entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the season.
(the more events you make it to the more entries you get

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Atrum Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Great writeup! It was an epic race. Can't wait for this next class. Missing a couple events early on is making this an all out battle for me to try to reach podium for the overall season.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Can't wait to see you guys on tonight! It's going to be some epic racing.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Ill be there not sure about how good I'll be as I have put in little to no time I tried building some stuff but not to pleased so will race I have from past seasons.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Personally, I am very excited for tonight.  I have a ton of confidence in my car for A-Class.  I think she is going to dominate but at the same time I have no idea what Atrum is bringing to the track.  I mean I know what car, but I have no idea what it is capable of or how it drives in comparison.  This is going to be very exciting!

*Beware Team Lotus
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:49 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Personally, I am very excited for tonight.  I have a ton of confidence in my car for A-Class.  I think she is going to dominate but at the same time I have no idea what Atrum is bringing to the track.  I mean I know what car, but I have no idea what it is capable of or how it drives in comparison.  This is going to be very exciting!

*Beware Team Lotus
Yeah, I have no idea how they compare. Honestly I've just really enjoyed racing this car. Not even sure how the lap times are. I do know it does pretty good around the track though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:51 pm

So, I'll be on. Right now there is a pretty massive storm blowing through. Sheets of rain, lightning, pretty decent wind gusts. Only real issue is that these type of storms knock out the power half the time. So if I randomly disconnect tonight you'll know why.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Results
95 - Atrum (3 Wins, 7 Podiums)
91 - Interseptor (3 Wins, 6 Podiums)
72 - Apex (1 Win, 5 Podiums)
69 - Wiggles (3 Podiums)
56 - Xpert
48 - Epic
39 - Reggie
36 - KnightOwl
27 - SockPuppet
26 - Tipton
22 - OC

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 3 AClass

Season Standings
80 - Interseptor
59 - Apex
58 - Xpert

50 - Atrum
41 - KnightOwl
36 - Wiggles

29 - Puppet
26 - Husker
20 - TiptonGang
19 - Coolhand
19 - OC

16 - Reggie
13 - Kenny
7 - Epic
0 - Klown
0 - Glock
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Sorry to Epic and I think Tipton that I got into on Infineon, I changed my tune to my speed tune and didn't realize the brakes were changed that much between that tune and my grip tune.  

Otherwise, I had a good night racing and I had some good battles in the back of the pack.  It was nice to see Epic back and to see Wiggles back for some more races.  Looks like my finish tonight should move me into 7th spot for season points and it will take some kind of miracle for me to move father up the line based on who I'm behind.  

Anyway, looking forward to the S Class.  I had a pretty competitive car this time in the Maserati, but my driving just held me back.  Maybe I'll try to put in some wheel time for the next class and maybe I'll be able to challenge the middle of the pack.  

Lastly, for those of you that hate Le Mans, you're welcome that I didn't pick it this time (since I did the last two and we raced it both).  Now that we've taken a break from it I plan on pulling it out for the S Class.   Looking forward to seeing wha everyone brings to the next tourney.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:25 am

Great night of racing. Unfortunate wreck on Seca. Thought I had the momentum to slingshot by apex before it narrowed and couldn't quite pull it off, then lost control and we spun. Especially sad for him as he positioned better after the hit but got slammed into head on by someone coming over the crest of the hill.

KnightOwl is putting up some impressive races. Really reminds me of my races early on in Forza 4. I always felt like I was ALMOST there to win but couldn't quite get it. This next tourney should be interesting, but I'm calling it know that KnightOwl is a beast in F5.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks for the support atrum, I don't race very well in traffic but if I get the pole I can usually hold the lead for a good portion of the race. My cars and tunes are competitive with the front of the pack. I just need to become a better racer in traffic and under pressure. See you guys in two weeks. S class here I come.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:26 am

Yeah, you held your own pretty well at the front of the pack for awhile there on the last track.  It does get a bit nerve-wracking.

I needed to, definitely, put more time into upgrading and testing cars.  I just quickly put three cars together an hour before the tournament, and my best car had its back-end all over the place whenever I hit turns.  Really annoying.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:54 am

Xpert2010 wrote:Yeah, you held your own pretty well at the front of the pack for awhile there on the last track.  It does get a bit nerve-wracking.

I needed to, definitely, put more time into upgrading and testing cars.  I just quickly put three cars together an hour before the tournament, and my best car had its back-end all over the place whenever I hit turns.  Really annoying.
A lot of it is getting used to how the other guys race. I still feel bad for spinning out/wrecking Apex on 'Seca. That one was shaping up to be an epic duel.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 am

I think I might have an idea as to why my back-end was all over the road.  I had to slow down more than I needed to on turns just so I wouldn't risk spinning out.  I might log on today to make a few changes to the car I was racing to see if it can actually grip the pavement.  Hopefully I'll learn something for S-class.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I think I might have an idea as to why my back-end was all over the road.  I had to slow down more than I needed to on turns just so I wouldn't risk spinning out.  I might log on today to make a few changes to the car I was racing to see if it can actually grip the pavement.  Hopefully I'll learn something for S-class.
I've ran the Exige for S-Class since the first day F4 came out. It's an awesome car. I never have grip issues, unless I have TCS off. That thing has so much launch that it's VERY hard to run with no TCS.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Great night of racing!  Congratz to Atrum for the win (and legitimately beating me this time Wink)

I am also looking at the Exige for S Class and it is a little ass happy with TSC off.  It's a solid car if I can get it to behave.  Looking forward to seeing what I can get out of it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:15 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Great night of racing!  Congratz to Atrum for the win (and legitimately beating me this time Wink)
Define legitimately.  Because I know there were a few events that happened that would affect yours and Atrums points.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Great night of racing!  Congratz to Atrum for the win (and legitimately beating me this time Wink)
Define legitimately.  Because I know there were a few events that happened that would affect yours and Atrums points.
Defined as no major race ending mistakes/wrecks.  Little stuff here and there is going to happen every Tourney but at no point were either Atrum or I completely crippled  and forced to finish near the back/last.  Like what happened to poor Apex on Leguna.  Furthermore on the last race, I was in a position to tie or maybe even win (if I could catch Apex), but Atrum kept on it and passed me at the end of the last lap to solidify his victory.  Legit.

EDIT: I will admit the "r@pe" van did not help lol.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:51 pm

The R@pe van was terrifying. I saw Apex swerve and moved over, which I think Zak saw as an opportunity to pass me... lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Yeah I do apologize for the r@pe van incident I thought I had called it out soon enough but I guess I wasn't specific enough. 
It was a good racing night though. I'm going to try to get in more track time for the S class so I can compete better but had fun.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:28 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:
Defined as no major race ending mistakes/wrecks.  Little stuff here and there is going to happen every Tourney but at no point were either Atrum or I completely crippled  and forced to finish near the back/last.  Like what happened to poor Apex on Leguna.  Furthermore on the last race, I was in a position to tie or maybe even win (if I could catch Apex), but Atrum kept on it and passed me at the end of the last lap to solidify his victory.  Legit.

EDIT: I will admit the "r@pe" van did not help lol.
I was going to say the r@pe van, and Apex taking out Interceptor on the track after Laguna Seca.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Wrecks happen. It was some very intense/close racing all night.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Yeah, as long as I don't end up with a dream crushing wreck, it generally doesn't bother me.  sh1t happens and that is actually what makes the Tourneys fun for me.  Otherwise we could just compare hotlaps and be done with it.  But if I can get back on the track and still race competitively I'm all good.  Yellow engine?  No bueno.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Was good to finally race again, just wish I'd realised that I'd be able to race (friday off work) earlier so I could've had some better cars prepared. That said, I think I was still a little rusty and I reallllly felt the effects of racing automatic vs manual.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 am

The races were great.  Since I race in bumper view, I was unaware that I was in a different car for Indianapolis.  I was driving my NSX but thought I was in the Camaro. So I babied it in corners, but pushed it on the straights.  It didn't dawn on me until I was looking at the finish times that I was in a completely different car.

Laguna was ... it hurt my feelings.

r@pe van... in an official tourney. Billboarding the track after a hairpin.  That's no bueno.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next