Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xbox one always online

+7
S7 Interseptor
S7 DROOPY
OneBadHuskerFan
Atrum
Xpert2010
brdrlndsmstr87
S7 Sticky
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

xbox one always online - Page 2 Empty Re: xbox one always online

Post by S7 OC Wed May 22, 2013 6:22 am

And that is really gay

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed May 22, 2013 7:20 am

S7 OC wrote:And Microsoft is really gay

FIFY
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed May 22, 2013 8:23 am

Quote from a cnet article I just read

CNET sat down with Jeff Henshaw, the group program manager for Xbox
CNET: There seems to be some confusion here about the ability to resell Xbox One games, or reuse Xbox One games among other users.
Henshaw: Let me clear that up unequivocally. Xbox One will support the reselling and used game market for Xbox One games. We have not announced details about exactly how it's going to work, or how licenses are going to be exchanged. That's all coming up later in the year. What we have announced is that a used game ecosystem will be supported, so people can breathe easy. They will be able to get used games.
CNET: You say you're going to support it, but is it going to be different from the way you're doing it now?
Henshaw: We haven't shared any of those details yet. The key thing to bear in mind is that in the coming generation, obviously retail sales are going to play a huge part in that ecosystem, and people will continue to buy shiny discs. But increasingly, content sales are going to happen online. That's what Xbox Live and the Arcade investments on 360 have all been learning towards, and Xbox One is really going to take that to the next level. The entire content portfolio will be available as well.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed May 22, 2013 8:33 am

I figured you guys were speculating on this topic a little too intensely. Just wait for E3 and hopefully your questions will be answered about the used games topic.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 am

I really don't see how it will be much different than what the PS4 does, as it is the game developers that are pushing for these restrictions. What would Sony or MS care? They would rather games be $10 a disc everywhere, then more people would be buying and using their game systems. The developers loose out on used games, not the console manufacturer.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed May 22, 2013 10:13 am

S7 OC wrote: The entire content portfolio will be available as well.

That's good to know. So if you don't care about discs, I wonder if you'll be able to pre-purchase games and have them available at midnight for launch...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 22, 2013 10:24 am

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 OC wrote:Key part to that though is while you are signed into your account. so lending a game to a friend they will have to pay??

yes if a friends uses it and that person is not using your account they will have to pay for it

I think it is more complex than that. If you read the article the Miller posted...

So, how does that work? At a minimum, each game disc must have some sort of unique ID associated to your account. "Your Xbox account will tie you to your game," said Penello. That ID must, therefore, be somehow disassociated from your account before you can sell the thing.

If this is true, you can't loan the disk to a friend without "disassociating" first. Does that mean you would have to pay a fee to play again once you got it back? Murky waters indeed. Gonna need a lot more info.

P.S. I have no reason to believe the PS4 will be any different. Someone needs to clear the air and set the record straight.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed May 22, 2013 11:16 am

You guys are getting very worked up about that. They'll probably have details at e3. Sounded pretty certain they weren't going to release anything too detailed now.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 pm

It’s fun to speculate- just like talking about a movie before it comes out, or the next season of a show, or whatever…

I think there has to be something relatively simple, and MS and Sony are working hard to keep the re-sellers like GameStop in business, as well as make the game developers happy. Places like GameStop are good for promoting their products and selling new games as well as used. I still think no matter the model it will probably kill the rental market.

The reality is they could make the entire thing like Steam- one ID/Login/GamerTag = One license and that’s it. No resell option at all. So the idea they keep saying there is “something” is some good news.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed May 22, 2013 12:50 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:

The reality is they could make the entire thing like Steam- one ID/Login/GamerTag = One license and that’s it. No resell option at all. So the idea they keep saying there is “something” is some good news.

~mrmiller

i think thats probably the name reason im not mad about the no used game thing . PC gamer just used to buying a game you install it use the product key boom thats it the disc is worthless other then reinstalls ...

and would also not be surprised that all this hype about no used game or limited used games is nothing more then hype and rumors.
As not to long ago the CEO of gamestop sounded very happy and excited about the upcoming next gens.
"CEO, Mark Raines We've been spending a lot of time with Microsoft, but we have to let them take the lead on this; it will be a very hot, compelling device," he said. "They are doing some really cool stuff, and I'm eager to hear them start their announcements because I think the world is going to stand up and take notice."
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 23, 2013 9:03 am

OK, if their goal is to #1 Fight piracy and #2 gain revenue for the game developer they loose out on for used games (and be honest, probably take a cut themselves), this is how I see it should work.

It’s basically like the EA online pass, but it’s linked to each individual disc which has its own unique ID.

So you buy a new game, and you must register it to your system to install it. You have a “registration code” with the newly purchased game. You must be online to install and register the game. When you register the game, it is linked to the unique disc ID (hopefully something imbedded in the disk, and not something printed on the outside you would have to manually enter). You enter the code, the system reads the discs ID, it checks the MS servers and adds the game to your gamertag (or account), confirms, downloads and you have it.

GamerTag + Registration Code + Game Disc ID -> MS server verification = Playable Game.

After that you don’t have to be online any more to play the game, but each time you do get online it checks to see if you licenses are valid. Then if you sell the game and someone else buys it, they can have the option of buying a new registration code. When they go to register it, it sees the ID, and disassociates it from your account (as you have to be online the register and install), and the next time you are online the system checks to see if all your registrations are valid, and if not (because someone else registered your games unique ID to their newly purchased registration code) it inactivates the game. This basically makes it like it was, where when you no longer physically own the disc you can’t play the game, but adds in the protection and revenue that MS and the game developers seek, with also keeping the market for buying and selling used game discs valid (though I still see any added fees hurting the market and killing the rentals), and allowing you to install the game to the HD and not need the disc every time.

5/22/13 10:00 : GamerTag01 + Reg Code 001 + Disc ID 001 -> MS Server invalidates = Non-playable

5/23/13 12:00 : GamerTag02 + Reg Code 002 + Disc ID 001 -> MS Server validates = playable

Also, this let people play games offline, without the companies fear of widespread piracy or game “sharing”. So you can’t just install the game and then go offline and pass the disc around so everyone in the dorm has the game. You could, but then you could never get back online or ever install any more games without loosing the game you no longer “own” the disc for, as it is now registered to someone else and you each have to play the registration fee.

As for playing on other game systems or multi-users, it all links to the account and gamertag like it does now. Maybe make it easier to pull up your ID on other systems or just move your gamertag to a portable USB drive (you can do that now). If you have to take a disc to a friends (like you do now), you can take the thumb drive too.

I don’t know if that makes sense in written form, but I think it would work as a solution to what has been proposed. The only real problems I see with it is if hackers could generate the unique game disc IDs and void out your game when you still own the disc.

I think it will be something like that, but somewhat more restrictive in the form of where you must be online every X hours/days to verify your registrations or games and content just lock out and become unplayable. I think they should make it a minimum once a week so you could travel and take your system with you, but I don’t feel they have that in mind and it will be more like every 72 hours (giving you a weekends worth of time) or even every 24 hours.

I still think the whole thing sucks compared to what we are used too, but it is still better than something like Steam. I really think if they go online all the time they should just go all out and make it 100% digital and be like Steam (or the XBL Arcade is now) where you DL everything and that’s it. I just hate to loose the rental market where I can rent a game and plow through it in a week and return it for something else. I’m anxious to see what we are really saddled with, but no matter what it is, I’m certain it will not be as good as what we have currently and there will be a lot of backlash from the gaming community.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 23, 2013 10:01 am

My god that is a lot of text...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu May 23, 2013 10:02 am

AtrumX wrote:My god that is a lot of text...
^^^^
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 am

My Question of the Day:
If they do game registration similar to what miller said, what about users that buy the Xbox Live Family Bundles? I have my account on my xbox in the room, and the wife has hers on the one in the living room. So I'll either be swapping profiles or getting fees all the time.

Not a big deal to me as (I would hope) they make switching profiles fairly seamless, but still an annoyance.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 am

AtrumX wrote:My Question of the Day:
If they do game registration similar to what miller said, what about users that buy the Xbox Live Family Bundles? I have my account on my xbox in the room, and the wife has hers on the one in the living room. So I'll either be swapping profiles or getting fees all the time.

Not a big deal to me as (I would hope) they make switching profiles fairly seamless, but still an annoyance.

The "Family Pack" has been discontinued...

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/8/4080592/microsoft-discontinues-xbox-live-gold-family-pack

Multiple members of a household will be able to share a single account, Harrison said, explaining, "Anybody who has usage privilege on that machine can use it."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/4354646/xbox-live-gold-memberships-apply-to-both-xbox-one-and-360
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 am

Ahh, I can't read those links at work :'(

By Multiple members can share an account, does that mean multiple profiles? I don't want the woman disgracing my CoD KDR. lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu May 23, 2013 12:21 pm

AtrumX wrote:Ahh, I can't read those links at work :'(

By Multiple members can share an account, does that mean multiple profiles? I don't want the woman disgracing my CoD KDR. lol

Copy/Pasted the article since you can't read it...

Xbox Live Gold memberships on Xbox One will be flexible and streamlined, according to Microsoft, allowing console owners to use their Gold account on both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 and letting multiple users share the same account.

"If you have an Xbox Gold membership today for 360 and you buy an Xbox One, your membership applies to both systems," Microsoft's Phil Harrison told Polygon. "You don't have to get another subscription."

Multiple members of a household will be able to share a single account, Harrison said, explaining, "Anybody who has usage privilege on that machine can use it."

Microsoft's Ben Kilgore said that multiple accounts will be able to ride on the same Xbox Live Gold membership, but that individual users will have access to their own friends lists and other personalizations.

"We want to make sure that you and your son both have your own account," Kilgore said, in describing the case of a father and son sharing an Xbox Live Gold membership. "We want you log in to get your stuff, and when he logs in to get his stuff. On that console, if you have Gold, he can use Gold as well."

Kilgore said that Microsoft is still working out the specifics of how players follow and befriend each other. One-way relationships may be part of Xbox Live's friends architecture, "something that's under development right now," and that Microsoft is working to determine "who your true two-way relationship friends are."
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Wow, that's actually very cool. Solves any issues I would have had with my setup. Thanks for the links/info husker.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Very cool indeed. I wonder when it will be implemented?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu May 23, 2013 1:29 pm

It is a really cool idea if it works right

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu May 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Idk why it wouldn't It windows pc's already do........I wonder if the PSZAK will do the same
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 pm

The PSZAK does everything better than the XTV. Fact.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 23, 2013 1:54 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:The PSZAK does everything better than the XTV. Fact.

<--- Inserts Forza 5 disc into PSZAK (post launch) cheers
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm

It plays all games from all systems. Fact.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 23, 2013 2:30 pm

I saw sony released another teaser of the console design...

xbox one always online - Page 2 Smaug

It appears they have captured Smaug (the dragon) and are cloning him. He will fly you to the "Cloud" where you can instantly play any game for free!

Price of system is TBD. A CxO tweeted and quickly deleted a comment mentioning "just a small chest of gold"
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next