Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

+2
S7 OC
S7 Sticky
6 posters

Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold Empty The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:36 am

The Elder Scrolls Online will not require a PlayStation Plus membership to play on PS4, ZeniMax Online Studios Game Director Matt Firor wrote in a PlayStation Blog update. Bethesda confirmed to Joystiq that the subscription-based MMORPG will require an Xbox Live Gold membership to play on Xbox One, however.

Bethesda was in talks with Microsoft to allow Xbox One owners to play the game online without the Live subscription in August. That was after Firor revealed the developer's decision to go with a monthly subscription for the game instead of moving to a free-to-play format. The Elder Scrolls Online will cost players $14.99 per month when it launches April 4 for PC and Mac with next-gen console versions following in June. The game was recently handed a Mature rating by the ESRB, to which Bethesda said it is "unwilling to change the game's content to achieve a different rating.".

------------------------
That sounds cool and all for ps4 user's  but lets face it more then likely if your gaming on the ps4 you have a Plus Account  so you can play other games online anyways ... 
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

Post by S7 OC Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:55 am

Very cool. Like you said josh if you have a ps4 and wNt to play elder scrolls online you most Likely already have ps+

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Online won't require PS Plus, will require Xbox Live Gold

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:14 am

Yeah, pretty irreverent.  It will benefit a few cheap skates but like you said, pretty much everybody on the PS4 has PS+ so it's a non-issue.  I think it's cool that it's an option but for most people it really doesn't matter.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:59 pm

I'll be getting this on PC, but I can't wait!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Good bit of info to know, even though I probably won't get it since I can't justify $15 a month for one game. Also, might be dropping XBL Gold soon since my year sub ends in like a week or so and I don't really use it (haven't played anything MP in 2+ months and switching to PSN when I go next gen). I might keep it month to month for a bit but there really won't be a benefit to keep Gold when the Silver will allow me to keep up with game updates.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by WIGSLITTER Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Is that game going to be cross platform playable where XB1 can play with PS4 and comp players
WIGSLITTER
WIGSLITTER

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:35 pm

WIGSLITTER wrote:Is that game going to be cross platform playable where XB1 can play with PS4 and comp players

nope you will not be able to play  cross platform, i can see why ps and xbox will never play  with each other but still think its silly they have never let xbox and pc play  with each other
but that ok as from what i have read the Realms  (servers) support massive amount of people on them so they should be packed with people
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by WIGSLITTER Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 pm

OH I thought that was the whole point of having one massive server tech that ESO is trying to do. sad they will be charging 14.99 to play on top of live membership im sure it want take long for the xbox population to start dwindling down im really looking forward to it and I hope its a huge hit and stays going for along time I subbed to Age of Conan for almost 5yrs for the pc so I guess this game will get my money as well hope to see a lot of yall in game on the XB1
WIGSLITTER
WIGSLITTER

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm

WIGSLITTER wrote:   sad they will be charging 14.99 to play on top of live membership im sure it want take long for the xbox 

i have a feeling it will turn out like most MMO's on the pc  
the will push sub for so long then when people see there is  little to no end game  sub's will drop off and then the game will just go free to play....

so im going to try and hold off on this on xbox  might just pick it up on pc and when it hits free to play on xbox ill pick it up im a sucker for MMo's
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by WIGSLITTER Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 pm

hahah yeah that is what happens to all great MMOs there subs are really high at launch then everyone hates it cause of all the hacks, bugs, and clitches and everyone unsubs and it goes FTP hahahah well I hope they do that game right ive loved all the elder scroll games and I hope this one does disappoint
WIGSLITTER
WIGSLITTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down