Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox Preview Program – Xbox One Controller Firmware update

+4
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Coolhand
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Sticky
8 posters

Go down

Xbox Preview Program – Xbox One Controller Firmware update Empty Xbox Preview Program – Xbox One Controller Firmware update

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 pm

If you are a member of the Xbox Preview Program, I recommend you update your Xbox One controller(s) with the latest preview build (OS version > 1502.150120) which provides the following updates:

•Quick Connect – previous controller connections to an Xbox One took 4-5 seconds when powering on a controller, now they should occur in ~2 seconds

•Stability improvements – the firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants

To update your controller firmware:

Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
Connect to Xbox Live.
Press the Menu
Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Xbox Preview Program – Xbox One Controller Firmware update Empty Re: Xbox Preview Program – Xbox One Controller Firmware update

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:11 pm

Cool, will do when it hits the regular users.  Thx.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Xbox Preview Program – Xbox One Controller Firmware update Empty Re: Xbox Preview Program – Xbox One Controller Firmware update

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks for the post!  I'll do this asap.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Will do tonight.
Thanks!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:46 am

Coolong thanks for the info
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:00 pm

I noticed after the update the my forward motion using the thumbstick isn't working, I have to click it like I'm gonna sprint before I move forward, and have to use the D-Pad to do stuff on the menu screens. Maybe I'm way out of date lol.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by WobbLe Pops Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Could someone please send me an invite to Preview, when Live is up and running again. I get the disconnecting controller problem constantly.

WobbLe Pops
Private
Private

GamerTag : WobbLe Pops

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:59 am

Updated my controller last night (after yesterday's Xbox update release around 18:00 EST). Went smoothly. Not sure why yours is acting strangely Coop.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:17 am

Well mine is still doing it, lol it might be the controller itself. I'm not a member of preview either, if we are just throwing invitations around lol

Side note, i just noticed that KillerKlown, you're signature of the Horse, looks like Exo Zombie Dogs lol
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:53 am

I hadn't had a controller disconnect issue in months and then for whatever reason I've had 3 or 4 just in the last week or two.  Could just be coincidence, but there's obviously some sh1t going on at MS with all the issues they've been having lately.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:38 pm

S7 COOP wrote:Well mine is still doing it, lol it might be the controller itself. I'm not a member of preview either, if we are just throwing invitations around lol

Side note, i just noticed that KillerKlown, you're signature of the Horse, looks like Exo Zombie Dogs lol
You're way too into those zombie dogs at this point. You're seeing them in your sleep too? LOL
I'll send an invite to the preview program tonight.

Don't say I never did anything for you. geek
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:41 am

FYI:
COOP...sent the preview program invite last night.
You should get an inbox message to join soon.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:04 am

Thank you good sir!
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:09 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:If you are a member of the Xbox Preview Program, I recommend you update your Xbox One controller(s) with the latest preview build (OS version > 1502.150120) which provides the following updates:

•Quick Connect – previous controller connections to an Xbox One took 4-5 seconds when powering on a controller, now they should occur in ~2 seconds

•Stability improvements – the firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants

To update your controller firmware:

Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable.  Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
Connect to Xbox Live.
Press the Menu
Go to Settings > Devices & accessories.  Select the controller.
If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0

Done. Instructions worked well. Thx.

Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down