Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2

+4
Atrum
Lickwid Apex
Xpert2010
S7 Interseptor
8 posters

Go down

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2 Empty S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 am

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2

Well, this is it. We have been putting in a lot of work all season and this is where it starts to pay off. Everything up to this point was just a warm up. sh1t is about to get real son! There are only 3 more events and all of them are going to test the limits of your skill.

Last night’s B-Class Tourney was a little on the light side. We had a lot of absences due to real life responsibilities. The racing was good but I hate that so many had to miss. It’s just not the same without a full room of S7 guys. Hopefully everyone can be back for the A-Class Tourney on January 2nd. We did have a nice clean night of racing with very little drama. Apex continues to have technical problem with his equipment and Atrum continues to have connection issues but we still managed to have a great night of racing! Porsche OP!

Forza News -

This week was another close one and had me sweating right down to the final race. Atrum has continued his assault on the top of the division. He has come out of nowhere to become one of our top racers. His cars and lap times are crazy fast and he was challenging me for the lead in every race. We traded off back and forth the whole night to end up tied going into the final event. Unfortunately for him the track was better suited for my Porsche and I was able to walk away on the long straights and take the win. It was one of the closest Tourneys we have had (post Wiggles era of course). Atrum took 2nd overall followed by Apex who ended up having a bad night. Both technical and car problem plagued him again this week and forced him down into 3rd for the night. Up next was the battle at the back of the pack. Kenny had things pretty well under control all night but still saw some very close races as the night went on. Battle broke out between Kenny, Xpert, Cryptic and even Apex at one point. Still, at the end of the night he nabbed 4th followed by Xpert in 5th and Cryptic in 6th. Cryptic was a little out of practice but showed great signs of improvement by the end of the night. I hope he can make it to some more events before the end of the season. It’s always nice to see new faces join in the Tourneys.

Overall Season Standings are as follows...

Interseptor 150
Lickwid Apex 117
Atrum 110
Xpert 82
Dovahkiin 78
Pharaoh 40
Puppet 36
OC 34
Coolhand 26
Glock 21
Cryptic 14
Tipton 9
Wiggles 0

So, what will happen as the rest of the season unfolds? A-Class is the real deal and you better com prepared if you want to win. Also, look out for more epic wrecks as the cars start to get away from the drivers. A-Class is a lot to handle...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, without further delay, I am proud to present the S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2. Not gonna bullshit ya. A-Class is gonna kick some of yall’s asses. The cars start to get stupid fast. It’s time to put all that training to good use. We have been stepping up all season and now is where things really start to come together. You are going to need everything you have learned so far and really put it to the test. You are also going to need more time on the track to really get a feel for the cars as they get faster and faster. At this point almost every normal car in the game is available so get out there and pick and good one. I can’t wait to see what everyone brings to the party. Drivers will have till Wednesday, January 2nd to build, tune and test their cars at which point we will meet up and see who has what it takes to win. Get a solid car and start practicing those tracks!

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Wednesday, January 2, 2012
Time: Racing starts at 9:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: A-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: Random - Player based
# of Races: 7
# of Laps: TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track. The person with the most points will be the F4 A-Class Champion for Season 2.

*You will also earn points towards our Overall Season Standing.

PRIZES:
Official Trophy
All participants will earn 1 entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the season.
(the more events you make it to the more entries you get)

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh boy... maybe I should actually start practicing cause I remember the last time I raced A-Class... which resulted in peoples being very upset with my taking turns too fast approach.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Yes, hardware problems lead to an unfocused mind. Dovahkiin thought he had a run on me at Twin Ring Motegi while I was slamming my gas pedal trying to get it to respond with 100% feedback again. When I realized it was not going to happen without a full wheel reset I went back to racing and put some distance between us. After that first race, a wheel reset was performed, pedals restored but alas, the 350Z was determined to limp around every corner despite any input I provided. Later into the B class events I gave up on my 350z as it had mysteriously become slower around every track despite previously posted consistent and faster lap times.

I pulled out a Camaro at Nurburgring GP. Since no practice time with the Camaro had been logged, I ended up on the road side from time to time. Dovahkiin, again thought he had a run. so I parked it to let him catch up and proceded to block his rear view mirror and essentially harass him for the remainder of the race. My intent was to be an uber d!ck and blast by him on the last straight of the last lap. He had a better idea which involved putting me to the grass when I made my move. This ended in his 3rd place win over me, a faster lap time for the race and a side splitting bout of laughter. Thanks Dovahkiin for breaking me out of my funk.

When we made our way to Suzuka, out came the Nom Nom. I remember it was black, huge and had an audacious amount of acceleration when compared to Atrum's grip monster and even Interceptors mighty Porsche (bugged to be OP by the way). Alas, no practice with this ride provided to be the Achilles heal. NomNom could only lumber through turns at an Ent's pace. Although, any thought Interceptor may have had of passing the behemouth were quickly squashed as it ate feet with wreckless abandon. On one lap in particular Atrum was ahead by close to 300feet. Not only did NomNom eat anything Atrum had on his plate, it passed with a righteous fury that was only rivaled by the amount of grass it plowed throuh at the end of the straight.

If my pedal problem doesn't get solved soon, I'm going to go back to controller for the rest of Season 2's races and replace the entry level hardware for one of Fanatec's better sets. Randomly being plagued with 70, 90, or 80 % throttle is infuriating.

All in all, win or lose, racing with you guys continues to be a lot of fun. Bring on A class.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Great races. I remember you catching up on me. I had actually been looking backwards and completely forgot to shift from 3rd to 4th so many engine was redlining there lol!
I didn't realize how much top end your cars had on mine. You never run in to that test driving or doing lap times. I shall be better prepared to destroy dreams in A-class.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:49 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Wiggles 0

rofl...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Lol I didn't even notice that until you quoted it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Gotta make sure everyone reads every edition. Keep you on your toes.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:59 pm

FYI - I will be out of town for this Tourney. I'll be hangin out with Magus for New Years and partying down. I will bring my xbox but I am not 100% I will be around, sober or even capable of driving. I do already have a car built, painted and ready to go and I will plan on attending. Just wanted to let everyone know.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Jeez, I haven't had the time I thought I would have to prepare for this tournament. I don't think I even have a car ready unless I want to use the one from the past A-class tournament, which probably wouldn't be a good idea.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:40 am

That tournament was pretty fun last night and we actually had a good turnout after all. I was really bored yesterday, so this tournament made my day. OC barrelling through first turn because his controller shut off and the destructive moment as we were lining up to take picture were great. Too bad Atrum was having issues with teleporting cars again, which destroyed him in quite a few races. I'd like to see what it actually looks like for him. I was having the same issue with OC during practice rounds, but it got better by the time the tournament started.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:42 am

I did save one of the races. I'll make a clip and upload it. Maybe do a couple just to show the general craziness that happens to making passing nearly impossible.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am

I liked the one where you were getting really frustrated trying to pass me, so I completely drove off the track, into the dirt, and told you to pass me... and you ran into me... dick move lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:55 am

Lol that one was weird. Every direction I tried to go your car would teleport so I was like "I'll go in the grass! his car would never actually be there" ...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 am

It was a fun night sorry to those I wrecked out I worked a long day and was tired plus really had not put track time in scince the c class races

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:26 am

Sounds like I missed another good time. One day I'll get to play some MP of something again.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 am

S7 OC wrote:It was a fun night sorry to those I wrecked out I worked a long day and was tired plus really had not put track time in scince the c class races

You did have a tendency to go sideways... lol!

Mugello club: Atrum's uber accel car gets side swiped at the start, he drops to the back of the pack. Is coming in fast to first corner and OC is going for a perfect drift - completely sideways blocking the track lol. Only light contact there.

Some later track: Atrums car has been lag destroyed, after pitting I finally am about to catch OC in a hairpin u-turn, come around the corner before the u turn and BAM, OC is sidways in the track. This time no contact, but my car literally wiggled from coming so close.

Neither was a big deal, it was just OCs theme of the night.

Lesson learned?

Higher class cars take a lot more practice to keep on the road.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 pm

yeah plus most of the cars I was driving I was driving them for the first or second time in a race so I was not use to the style as I bounce threw the differnt car in the club or in my garage.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 pm

I had a lot of fun and look forward to the S class.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:48 am

Great night Wedsenday. I am glad I was able to make it. I had a great time and we had some great races. Final Standing for the night...

Interseptor 195
Lickwid 190
Xpert 132
AtrumX 114
Coolhand 113
TiptonGang 110
OC 86
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 pm

*I'll post a pic up soon. It was a good one thanks to Atrum!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:40 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:*I'll post a pic up soon. It was a good one thanks to Atrum!

Oops! I forgot. Here it is...

S7R Forza 4 A-Class Tourney - Season 2 S2AT_zpsa53a87a7

Things got a little shaky when Atrum exploded into half the line up so we decided to go with it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:46 pm

My poor car Sad
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down