Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Headsets

+7
S7 Sticky
S7 Uncle Charles
DeadSockPuppet
S7 mrmiller
S7 DROOPY
S7 Coolhand
deepsouth06
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gaming Headsets - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming Headsets

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:If you're considering the Astros, take a good look at the XP500s too. They're a really quality headset that's completely wireless.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-xp500.aspx?gclid=CLvHoNrbsa8CFU3UKgodtw7zFw

This is true. Fully wireless is really nice. The question you have to ask your self is what you want to use the headset for? If it is for Xbox, PS3 or PC use only, then I would probably go for a fully wireless headset. If you want to use them on the go and with other devices like an iPod, Phone and tablet then the Astro's are definitely the way to go (if you want to spend the money).
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:53 am

I actually prefer wired myself. Don't like buying/changing batteries. And I find the quality better.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 pm

AtrumX wrote:I actually prefer wired myself. Don't like buying/changing batteries. And I find the quality better.

The new top of the line sets don't require batteries. They have rechargeable batteries built in and a charging cradle/dock. Just put it up every night and you are good to go. I also bought the rechargeable pack for my Astro wireless mixamp and it is pretty boss. It lasts weeks without having to recharge and you can recharge with a mini USB while playing. I love it! No batteries to change and no wires (except when charging LOL). Like I said earlier, the only thing that really bothers me is the chat cable. It's small, flimsy and get's in the way. I am hoping that Astro comes out with a Bluetooth chat option at some point. Either as an add on to the current 5.8 mixamp or the nex gen mixamp. It would actually be pretty easy to do.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:54 pm

That little wire between the headset and controler is the main reason I went with mine. Too many times I have dropped the controller and ripped my ears off, or want to walk around and use my hands between matches; also that little wire is the no.1 cause of sh1tty chat quality or buzzing and screeching. As you know the XP500s have a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into the controller instead.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:15 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I actually prefer wired myself. Don't like buying/changing batteries. And I find the quality better.

The new top of the line sets don't require batteries. They have rechargeable batteries built in and a charging cradle/dock. Just put it up every night and you are good to go. I also bought the rechargeable pack for my Astro wireless mixamp and it is pretty boss. It lasts weeks without having to recharge and you can recharge with a mini USB while playing. I love it! No batteries to change and no wires (except when charging LOL). Like I said earlier, the only thing that really bothers me is the chat cable. It's small, flimsy and get's in the way. I am hoping that Astro comes out with a Bluetooth chat option at some point. Either as an add on to the current 5.8 mixamp or the nex gen mixamp. It would actually be pretty easy to do.

How about quality? It's been a couple years since I've checked out the wireless options.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

How about quality? It's been a couple years since I've checked out the wireless options.

I don't know personally but I think they have gotten pretty good. My astro's are great.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Any annoying buzz?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 pm

On my Astros? Not a bit.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by deepsouth06 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:34 am

Well if those wireless 7.1 Trttons ever come out there shouldnt been any annoying buzzing due to the exclusive tech that Tritton is supposedly using with Microsoft, as well the chat quality should be good. I heard the headset would be talking directly to the box instead of having to go through the controller to communicate to the box. And they are supposed to be on the 5.8 channel to not interfere with the 2.4 channel that most stuff runs on. But only time will tell if this is true.
deepsouth06
deepsouth06
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : deepsouth06

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:09 pm

deepsouth06 wrote:Well if those wireless 7.1 Trttons ever come out there shouldnt been any annoying buzzing due to the exclusive tech that Tritton is supposedly using with Microsoft, as well the chat quality should be good. I heard the headset would be talking directly to the box instead of having to go through the controller to communicate to the box. And they are supposed to be on the 5.8 channel to not interfere with the 2.4 channel that most stuff runs on. But only time will tell if this is true.

I was under the impression most wireless headsets had changed off of 2.4 now?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Most of the high end headset have moved to 5.8 but mid range and lower are still 2.4.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Just checked and my XP500s are on 2.4ghz, but I haven't had any problems... yet.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:Just checked and my XP500s are on 2.4ghz, but I haven't had any problems... yet.

"
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down