Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets

+6
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Coolhand
DeadSockPuppet
S7 OC
S7 Sticky
10 posters

Go down

Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets Empty Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets

Post by S7 Sticky Wed May 22, 2013 7:54 pm

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets Empty Re: Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets

Post by S7 OC Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Sucks hard. I will not have the money to buy a new headset for a while proprietary ports/plugs suck so much. Ill have to wait and see.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets Empty Re: Xbox One Incompatible with Current Gaming Headsets

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 pm

That's bullshit cuz I love my XP500s.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed May 22, 2013 11:29 pm

i agree my AX Pros are a great all around head set as i use them for my pc ps3 and xbox...

only plus side is ill be able to get a new headset which is what i have been wanting but still sucks i hope they give you a cheap freebie in the box at least

so i dont have to fork out for a new console one or two games and a headset all at one time
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu May 23, 2013 4:16 pm

f#ck THIS BULLSHIT! There is no reason for this. Now I have to figure out the optimal time to sell mine. Has to be when I'm tired of cod but before it loses all value.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu May 23, 2013 4:26 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:i agree my AX Pros are a great all around head set as i use them for my pc ps3 and xbox...

only plus side is ill be able to get a new headset which is what i have been wanting but still sucks i hope they give you a cheap freebie in the box at least

so i dont have to fork out for a new console one or two games and a headset all at one time

This is what I'm hoping for, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they only include the XBone, controller and Kinect.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 23, 2013 4:33 pm

I can still use my xbox headset for my PC. So now I just won't have to switch between the two.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Yeah, my Astros will still be good a bunch of activities (maybe even the new PS4 lol ). If I have to get a new headset I can always pass down my old headset to my kids too. Not too big of a deal.

Also, keep in mind that they will still work with the 360 and games are not BC. So if you plan to keep your old 360 for retro game night or whatever, you may still want a headset.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 pm

im sure they will make adapters for them but the usb or any thing but a audio cable like that will make it less likely to make problems
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 10:13 am

And hey, if no one else makes adapter --- This guy wouldn't mind making some $$$ off that.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 am

If the Kinect is the microphone for XBL, then I don't see why the current headsets will not work. You only need the sound going to your ears right?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 10:45 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:If the Kinect is the microphone for XBL, then I don't see why the current headsets will not work. You only need the sound going to your ears right?

~mrmiller

Do you really want to deal with a kinect picking up all the ambient noise from a room?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 24, 2013 11:01 am

AtrumX wrote:
S7 mrmiller wrote:If the Kinect is the microphone for XBL, then I don't see why the current headsets will not work. You only need the sound going to your ears right?

~mrmiller

Do you really want to deal with a kinect picking up all the ambient noise from a room?

Yeah, that's not going to work when I'm running the 5.1 surround and would have to basically scream to get a mic that's 8-10 feet away to pick up my voice.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 11:05 am

Yup, my crying baby definitely is not something people want to hear constantly.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 ROWDYFLASH Fri May 24, 2013 11:57 am

This really pissed me off!. Do they not realize what I had to go through with my wife to get a new headset last time. Greedy bastards.
S7 ROWDYFLASH
S7 ROWDYFLASH
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 ROWDYFLASH

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 pm

AtrumX wrote:

~mrmiller

Not really, but it looks like that is an options with the noise cancelling microphone. I'm wondering if the Xbox ONE will even ship with a chat mic...

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 12:27 pm

PS4 will. Headset confirmed to be bundled with every unit. Bluetooth is also confirmed with the PS4. Just sayin.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 24, 2013 12:38 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:PS4 will. Headset confirmed to be bundled with every unit. Bluetooth is also confirmed with the PS4. Just sayin.

You do realize now that you basically have to buy a PS4 at launch don't you? No matter what, on principal after the last few days.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 12:44 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:PS4 will. Headset confirmed to be bundled with every unit. Bluetooth is also confirmed with the PS4. Just sayin.

You do realize now that you basically have to buy a PS4 at launch don't you? No matter what, on principal after the last few days.

~mrmiller

Not sure I am buying either system at launch. Within a few months? Sure. And I am just pointing out the facts. Most of it still comes down to games. What is available? What are the exclusives? Which system has the things I want more? Which system has the games I must have first? Things like that. Voice activated Tivo is not going to do it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 12:49 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Not sure I am buying either system at launch. Within a few months? Sure. And I am just pointing out the facts. Most of it still comes down to games. What is available? What are the exclusives? Which system has the things I want more? Which system has the games I must have first? Things like that. Voice activated Tivo is not going to do it.

So... you're switching to PC? Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

No. I don;t like PC gaming for a few reasons. Mostly cause I don't like upgrading my system for new releases every few years. The other is I like gaming in my livingroom, on my big TV. And while I realize that I could do that with a PC, it is much easier and convenient to buy a console (not to mention less expensive in the long run). And I like haveing games built to the specifications of my exact system. It allows game developers get every last spec of power while still delivering a smooth gaming experience. The problem with PC gaming is no one EVER make a game specifically for YOUR system.

Flame away PC lovers.

EDIT: Also, game exclusives are still exclusive to each system.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 24, 2013 1:18 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

No. I don;t like PC gaming for a few reasons. Mostly cause I don't like upgrading my system for new releases every few years. The other is I like gaming in my livingroom, on my big TV. And while I realize that I could do that with a PC, it is much easier and convenient to buy a console (not to mention less expensive in the long run). And I like haveing games built to the specifications of my exact system. It allows game developers get every last spec of power while still delivering a smooth gaming experience. The problem with PC gaming is no one EVER make a game specifically for YOUR system.

Flame away PC lovers.

EDIT: Also, game exclusives are still exclusive to each system.

LOL, are you my long lost twin? I could have posted that exact response. I have no problem with PC players at all, it's just not my preference.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 pm

I was just trolling Zak. I enjoy my PC for certain games (MMO, MOBA, RTS, and Battlefield) but for all the main games I play (Shooters, RPGs, Racing, Fighters, etc) I find them far more enjoyable on console.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down