Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preferred headsets?

+6
S7 Uncle Charles
Atrum
S7 Vision67
S7 mrmiller
S7 Sticky
Air7Cav
10 posters

Go down

Preferred headsets? Empty Preferred headsets?

Post by Air7Cav Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:21 pm

So what are your preferred headsets and why?
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Preferred headsets? Empty Re: Preferred headsets?

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:14 pm

i have turtle beach X3's and they do work great but can run in to problems when used as much as i do just normal wear and tear mostly

here is a link to the turtle beach headsets the new Dx11's look good
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products.aspx?gclid=CPi8xOmwzqUCFUeW7QodcS7Djw

how ever if i ever need to drop that much money on another headset it would be Triton's the AX pros for 169.99
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4791&idCategory=317

normal i prefer anything other then stereo sound so i go with 5.1 that way i can hear the game and every person in it so i know better were there coming from and when they will find the end of my gun
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Headphones or Headsets?

I love my Turtle Beach X41's. Wireless surround sound FTW! There is a wire to the controller, but that is all. They are really a headset and headphones built in one. I have even used my reference Sennhizers in the Turtle beach decoding box, and the surround works great.

As for the straight Headset, you can't beat the wireless Microsoft one. I know they used to have problems with a lot of noise, but the new ones (ever since the Halo 3 one) don’t seem to have the same problems. I’m on my 2nd, as my last one finally quit holding a charge after a few years.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:43 am

Proud sporter of the Turtle Beach x11's here.

I don't like things that are wireless. The x11 delivers quality sound, mic boost, built-in in-line mix-amp. and is easy to set up once you get over the fact that the cord is just long.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:24 pm

S7 Vision67 wrote:Proud sporter of the Turtle Beach x11's here.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 pm

I would like to get a new headset with surround sound and all that. It would have to be wireless though....Wire to the controller would be OK...what do you guys think would be good for your Uncle Charles.....not too pricey though
Preferred headsets? Funny-pictures-cat-headphones-god
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:12 pm

$200 for headphones? Shocked no wonder you guys can hear me coming from behind...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Also for actual headphones Senheissers are just great. I love the HD 555's and the 595's are extremely comfortable. Good sound quality too. I actually use them for PC gaming and when recording music.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Oh yea, I love my Senheisser HD 560's and I have had those forever. They do nice plugged into the Turtle Beach base.

Check online and you can find some good prices on the X41 Turtle Beaches. I think I gave $140 for mine on Amazon. The X31's are wireless too, and should be under $100.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 pm

I have the Turtle beach X4's they are exactly like millers but have gray colored cushions and its sound quality is a little less. The only complaint I have about them is the wire that connects between your headset and the controller allowing you to hear your friends like a normal xbox live headset is very flimsy. I have already gone through 2 of them. Sticky said you can call them and they will send you a new one when its under warranty if not it cost around $5 for the part and $10 for the shipping.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:59 pm

Ya I got the x41 from amazon for $140 , I also got the wired stereo turtle beachs from walmart for $40, x41 are pretty sweet, the pros are, the wireless is handy, there comfortable, built pretty good,base with extra headphone jack is a plus, Dolby optical pass thorugh, not noise canceling the cons are they eat the batterys and the cover for the batteries will probably brake it's flimsy, overall sound is clear but not that loud, I've got mine turned almost all the way up, 5.1 is kinda weak IMO , the stereo tb are a lot loader, but cheaper and the ear muffs have a rubber outside that will kill your ears after awhile. X41 would be a deal if they were about $99 . If I were you what ever you buy throw a bunch a games and movies at the first day and If you dont like it take them back. And to be fare to the x41 only game I've played with it is blk ops which has sh1tty 5.1 IMO even through my onkyo system
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:23 am

I am currently using Tritton 720's and i love them. They cost me $130 from best buy. Now, they are not true suround sound but simulated suround sound. To be honest it gets the job done. I can tell exactly where someone is coming from. The Trittons have saved me from getting stabbed or shot in the back too many times for me to count. Not only are they Xbox compatible but they work with Playstation 3 and PC as well. As far as setup goes it's pretty easy. You have to run an optical cable from to back of you xbox to the back of the Tritton box. Then from there there is a cord with a mini mix amp that connects to the headset and a cable that connects from the mix amp to your controller. Honestly the cords are the only down side. The main cord is about 10 ft. long, so take that into consideration. The headset itself is comfortable and covers your entire ear. Another plus is that you can control game volume and chat volume seperately via the mix amp. With the headset on it allows you to turn the volume on you tv all the way down which is nice when your wife is sleeping down the hall like mine. I read many online reviews before I made my final decision and for what I was looking for in a headset the Tritton 720's where the most bang for my $.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:21 pm

I currently have the TB X31 wireless model. Had them for over a year and looking to upgrade especially since the wire between the headphones and controller is so flimsy and pulls out if I just look at it wrong. Heard both good and bad about Trittons which is why I wanted to get some feedback from those with experience using them or others. May try the Trittons just to try something new.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down