Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitch setup for party/game chat audio

3 posters

Go down

Twitch setup for party/game chat audio Empty Twitch setup for party/game chat audio

Post by Heisenberg Fri May 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Ok, theres a dozen or so different videos i've seen on this topic and frankly the all are ridiculously messy or overly complicated. That being said, here's what i have and it works like a champ. Items 1-3 are necessary, 4, 5 and 6 are recommended for a truly flexible and pretty bad ass setup Wink

1.) Xbox stereo headset adapter
2.) TRIPP LITE P318-006-MF 3.5mm Mini Stereo Audio 4 Position Headset Extension Cable
3.) Astro powered audio splitter
4.) Standard Aux audio cable (1/8 Male TRS on both ends) *YOU WONT NEED THIS IF YOU USE A MIXER*
5.) Alto Professional ZMX122FX 8-Channel 2-Bus Mixer with 16 inputs and Zephyr Mic Preamps
6.) 4x Hosa CMP159 Stereo Breakout, 3.5 mm TRS to Dual 1/4 in TS

Cable routing as follows:

Xbox headset adapter---->Tripp Lite Extension---->Astro powered splitter----|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|---->headset (end)
|---->breakout cable ---->Mixer line input|mixer line output---->breakout cable---->Audio input on cap card.

The tripp lite extension is the ONLY cable i know to work and not have the astro splitter in your lap, i have tried others and get no signal, take my word for it, this is the way to go. This is a clean setup and controller is free from clutter. i use 4 breakout cable so i can connect an ipod (better than using the PC as an audio source for background music as using PC can cause echo) and another to connect to surround sound system with yet another as a spare line input. This method allows the line in to be game audio, game/party chat, and any background music. no using external mic or commentary functions of streaming software (I use the elgato HD60 with only the HDMI connected, game audio off, input source is PC line in and all levels controlled at the mixer.

Twitch setup for party/game chat audio Img_5010" />

Twitch setup for party/game chat audio Img_5011
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Twitch setup for party/game chat audio Empty Re: Twitch setup for party/game chat audio

Post by S7 Sticky Fri May 15, 2015 7:25 pm

blah need to buy a pvr for the xbox one
had one for 360 but does not have hdmi ports
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Twitch setup for party/game chat audio Empty Re: Twitch setup for party/game chat audio

Post by Atrum Fri May 15, 2015 9:59 pm

That's almost 100% identical to my old streaming setup from the 360 days. Solid way to do things with minimal quality loss on the headset audio.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down