Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talking s**t in game chat, please read...

+7
S7 Sticky
S7 ROWDYFLASH
S7LEGENDARYSARG
S7 Plague
S7 Coolhand
CALi3PRiM3
Heisenberg
11 posters

Go down

Talking s**t in game chat, please read... Empty Talking s**t in game chat, please read...

Post by Heisenberg Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:20 pm

People (randoms) often like to talk s**t in lobbies, we don't want our members doing this weather provoked or not. To keep from hearing said s**t talking, I would suggest changing your privacy settings to allow chat with friends only, the decision is completely up to you but being a reformed s**t talker myself who was easily provoked, i found this works well for me. The reason i am bringing this up is because is one of the major virtues we strive to follow (see S7 K1ll3rklowns post The Seven Virtues of Clan Membership). I don't do it anymore, i don't want to hear it from randoms so i block them in game chat, but i really don't want to hear it from members, we are better than that. 

Don't get me wrong dropping an f-bomb when you get killed just happens what i'm getting at is in lobby, directed at the opposing team specifically after a match that could have been better.

Thanks.

Last edited by Heisenberg on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Talking s**t in game chat, please read... Empty Re: Talking s**t in game chat, please read...

Post by CALi3PRiM3 Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:39 pm

K
CALi3PRiM3
CALi3PRiM3
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : CALi3PRiM3

Back to top Go down

Talking s**t in game chat, please read... Empty Re: Talking s**t in game chat, please read...

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Guilty. I don't do it often, but occasionally I respond to idiots and assholes. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Always have since I have the same problem
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

Post by S7LEGENDARYSARG Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Yeah I mute myself lol
S7LEGENDARYSARG
S7LEGENDARYSARG
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : LegendarySargE9

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 ROWDYFLASH Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Just for the record. If I am called out by a random I WILL respond. That's just me. I apologise in advance to any and all of my Sacred brothers and sisters.
S7 ROWDYFLASH
S7 ROWDYFLASH
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 ROWDYFLASH

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:02 pm

thats why i use party chat 99.99999999999999999% of the time its just so much better then talking to randoms
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:27 am

So, having played with a group of RL friends that were veerrrryy good at S&D, and also really enjoyed sh!t-talking...

If you get at all mad or respond as such - they'll feel like they win. Just laugh at them. Make a mom joke. Or say something ridiculous. Get 6-0'd in search? Tell them you let them have this one. But they won't get so lucky next time, and then ditch the lobby.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:45 am

I like to listen sometimes, especially in search because for a split second you can hear the other team once you kill them and i'll get a "behind you" and know there is another person there or whatever. Or hearing how mad they get when you kill them Smile

I usually don't say anything, and i'm normally in a party, but its good to be in game chat, we've picked up some members by them just asking in the lobby about us, or asking how to join in the lobby. It's not always a bad thing to be able to talk to the public. Just as long as you can contain yourself.

If anything gets on my bad side is when people are politically incorrect in their slurs. Its 2015 lol
I've been known to call someone an a$$hole or something after dying, but I've kicked people in my lobby before for using the N word. I don't care for the F word (in regards to someones sexual orientation)

That's just my take on it. lol
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Ragnarok Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:26 am

If random wanna talk s**t to me I will put them in their place. I don't start s**t, I finish it.
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Ragnarok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:42 am

Heisenberg wrote:To keep from hearing said s**t talking, I would suggest changing your privacy settings to allow chat with friends only, the decision is completely up to you but being a reformed s**t talker myself who was easily provoked, i found this works well for me.

This is literally the best idea I've ever heard. I didn't even know that was a setting lol. I changed mine and it's awesome.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:05 am

Not the best recruiting strategy Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by CALi3PRiM3 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:07 am

Wen i get mad i do cuz alot n the game especially wen sometimes wen a pesron should b dead but i will chill back
CALi3PRiM3
CALi3PRiM3
Corporal
Corporal

GamerTag : CALi3PRiM3

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:18 am

I don't want anyone to take this thread out of context it was just a suggestion on options for muting game chat in order to keep the game fun without the headache of random's talking a lot of BS.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:21 am

Side note: got a new chat cord.  No more Kinect mic, so I'm not limited to party chat now.  Time to verbally abuse some children!  j/k
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 ROWDYFLASH Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:24 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Side note: got a new chat cord.  No more Kinect mic, so I'm not limited to party chat now.  Time to verbally abuse some children!  j/k

Bout time! Now kill the cat.
S7 ROWDYFLASH
S7 ROWDYFLASH
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 ROWDYFLASH

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:42 pm

AtrumX wrote:Not the best recruiting strategy Laughing

I agree with this. There are times that people ask if they can join s7. If they sound and at decently I will direct them to the site. Or maybe they just have a couple questions about what we are about. I remember in ghosts we actually did the opposite. We told everyone to stay out of party chat and go in game chat to try and recruit. Now if we are in a clan war and need to focus and not hear people yelling that's different. But just messing around in the public I don't see the Need to always be in a party. Now I know our recruiting is better now than it's ever been. We have tons of new members so maybe we aren't needing to verbally promote. But just my two cents. I like to hear people get pissed when I own them anyhow haha
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:27 pm

I think unless someone is being toxic (just mute them) there's not much reason to avoid talking to public.

We get a lot of recruits from forums, but you get a much better idea of the person from playing a few games before sending them to the site.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:34 pm

AtrumX wrote:I think unless someone is being toxic (just mute them) there's not much reason to avoid talking to public.

We get a lot of recruits from forums, but you get a much better idea of the person from playing a few games before sending them to the site.

Yeah, that would have helped us weed out that Heisenberg guy.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by CivilWarrior737 Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:15 pm

I agree with Atrum. It's good to be in party chat but then you also don't get to pick up some of those guys that are good at the game and pretty cool.

CivilWarrior737

GamerTag : CivilWarrior737

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down