Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefront lacking in-game voice chat

5 posters

Go down

Battlefront lacking in-game voice chat  Empty Battlefront lacking in-game voice chat

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:09 pm

DICE announced that there won't be any voice chat in Battlefront:

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-will-not-support-in-game-voice-chat/

For PC, they suggest users run their favorite voice chat software and for PS4/XB1 they suggest users run the respective console's party chat.  Guess they only want people to really play with their friends.  Kinda sucks to try and coordinate your whole team, or at least more than the max allowed in party chat on the consoles.  

Probably not a game breaker, but still an odd move.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Battlefront lacking in-game voice chat  Empty Re: Battlefront lacking in-game voice chat

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:26 pm

it is weird and will making playing with pubs hard
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Battlefront lacking in-game voice chat  Empty Re: Battlefront lacking in-game voice chat

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:53 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:it is weird and will making playing with pubs hard

or more bearable. I'm sure I will be in party chat most of the time anyway as normal.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:19 am

I can't remember a time in a pub game where I actually coordinated in a non-competitive game.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:26 am

Like I said, it won't be a game-breaker and it probably won't even be a big deal because most everyone will probably roll in groups with their friends anyways, but how many people ended up joining this group (myself included) because they were a random that started chatting with and playing with one or more members of the clan. That won't be impossible, it's just means we'll have to invite people to our party chats.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:46 am

I honestly prefer the no voice chat. I've never been on a team full of randoms where any sort of coordination occurs. The only thing I ever hear from others players is someone breathing heavily into their mic the whole match or a kid saying random sh1t/complaining to their parents.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Or the 25 year old pothead who's over-aggressively berating everyone else for being noobs because he's infallible.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down