Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raids starting tomorrow, who's in?

+8
S7 OC
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Interseptor
S7 ROWDYFLASH
Atrum
S7 Coolhand
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Hellogiraffe
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Raids starting tomorrow, who's in? - Page 3 Empty Re: Raids starting tomorrow, who's in?

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:57 am

i just unlocked vanguard rank 2  so ill be able to buy some better gear and hit 25  tonight  always down to give the raids a try
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Raids starting tomorrow, who's in? - Page 3 Empty Re: Raids starting tomorrow, who's in?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I'll jump up to 26-27 on friday. Will be adding 2 more legendaries to my character that day so we will see.

I'm at 25 now and expect to at least hit 26 early this weekend as I buy a couple more legendaries and an exotic weapon.

Where are you getting so many Strange Coins!  It's 23 coins for the exotic weapon and I think I only have 11!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:27 pm

It looks like Xur is gonna pop up tomorrow morning at 9AM PST and be there until the 21st: http://destinynews.net/xur-agent-nine/

I'm excited because I have my exotic weapon bounty and need him for a part. I think I gotta start farming strange coins today though because I only have 19
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:29 pm

UWinWithWin wrote:Is it possible to get to 30 without raiding?

According to this chart, no.  29 is the highest you can get with completely upgraded non-raid gear.

Minimum Armor Requirements Per Light Level
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:07 pm

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:It looks like Xur is gonna pop up tomorrow morning at 9AM PST and be there until the 21st: http://destinynews.net/xur-agent-nine/

I'm excited because I have my exotic weapon bounty and need him for a part. I think I gotta start farming strange coins today though because I only have 19

Wow, I just got a second exotic bounty. Looks like I'll be doing 26 strikes today before Xur pops up so I can take some item to him!
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:13 pm

@Hellogiraffe  how do you farm strange coins? I know doing your first daily public event gets you one. but is there any way to farm them otherwise?
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:26 pm

Higher-level weekly strikes get you a bunch and public events seem pretty common. Plus you can get them randomly from pretty much anywhere and even from decrypting blue or purple engrams.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Well, looks like I might have to break down and camp the Earth cave farm tonight while I watch college football.

Tried my first time at lunch and had 4 blue engrams in 20 minutes.  I get the feeling this is how people are getting crazy amounts of gear and levels on their cryptarchs.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:36 pm

clan event... camp the cave!
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm

UWinWithWin wrote:clan event... camp the cave!

On top of that, there's a public event that happens exactly at the spot where you're doing the shooting at the cave.  Ended up getting 2 bounties, 4 blue engrams and my daily public event done in 20 minutes, haha.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:05 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I'll jump up to 26-27 on friday. Will be adding 2 more legendaries to my character that day so we will see.

I'm at 25 now and expect to at least hit 26 early this weekend as I buy a couple more legendaries and an exotic weapon.

Where are you getting so many Strange Coins!  It's 23 coins for the exotic weapon and I think I only have 11!

Well, I'm planning to buy an exotic engram using motes of light and hoping it turns out to be a weapon.  Probably buy an exotic armor piece with coins if there's anything good for my hunter.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:43 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

On top of that, there's a public event that happens exactly at the spot where you're doing the shooting at the cave.  Ended up getting 2 bounties, 4 blue engrams and my daily public event done in 20 minutes, haha.

What's this Earth cave you speak of?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

What's this Earth cave you speak of?

~mrmiller

Ask and ye' shall receive.  Normally I can't stand doing stuff like that because I get bored but I'm going to have the college football game snapped while doing so...so might as well!

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm guessing that's the cave with the ogre that Kenny, Zak and I were playing in in the Beta. Had tons of ?? enemies when we were lvl 8.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:51 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I'm guessing that's the cave with the ogre that Kenny, Zak and I were playing in in the Beta.  Had tons of ?? enemies when we were lvl 8.

Nope, just low level guys respawning quickly.  Posted the video above your post.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:55 pm

BTW, if anybody is bored or just wants to farm for a little while I plan on getting my bounties out of the way when I log on but then pretty much doing this for a while so feel free to join me if you want.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:03 pm

I might do some brainless farming while watching the KSU game too.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:10 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I might do some brainless farming while watching the KSU Auburn game too.

~mrmiller
Fixed that for ya.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Have fun fighting other people for that cave.  Evil or Very Mad
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 pm

AtrumX wrote:Have fun fighting other people for that cave.  Evil or Very Mad

Not sure what you mean.  Drops are proximity based so it doesn't even matter if you are the one killing things.  There were 4 other people at the time I was playing earlier and got 2 bounties super quick.  It's actually easier when you have more than one person.

Got a legendary shotgun a few minutes ago.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:55 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

Not sure what you mean.  Drops are proximity based so it doesn't even matter if you are the one killing things.  There were 4 other people at the time I was playing earlier and got 2 bounties super quick.  It's actually easier when you have more than one person.

Interesting. I was under the impression you would only get drops if you or someone in your fireteam dealt damage to the monsters. That would make it no problem at all then.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 pm

AtrumX wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

Interesting. I was under the impression you would only get drops if you or someone in your fireteam dealt damage to the monsters. That would make it no problem at all then.

Yep, next time when you're doing a patrol mission and you have to collect "x" number of something from an enemy you'll notice that if another player is near you and they kill things that the materials will drop for you even if they aren't in your fireteam.

With about an hour or so in I got 2 legendary engrams and some blues (not many) so I can't say that I would do this normally, but it was good for watching TV or having something snapped and just killing time.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 pm

I trolled people today by sitting in and on top of the cave so nothing spawned.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:33 am

I finally got to try out the raid today. We got to the 3rd part of the Templar and actually got him down to about 15%, but Bungie's servers have been so messed up today. People kept dropping (they can't come back in until everyone wipes) and the party chat was all sorts of screwed up so we couldn't communicate anymore. It was pretty fun and I would love to try it out with you guys when people start getting 26+. I'll hopefully be hitting 28 tomorrow now that Xur is popping and be a little more useful in the raids. I've got two exotic weapon bounties to turn in and gonna grab at least an exotic armor piece when he shows up.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:05 am

I tried it for about 30-min, and never got anything but one blue orb. Then the local event triggered and I got a purple on it (which turned into a stupid coin). After that I just ran the whole map going from beacon to beacon doing the patrols and picked up several items (I even got an upgrade and made it to 24). The only difference with that cave is you get to sit still, as if you keep moving you are constantly spawning/seeing/shooting enemies. I may have got some lucky drops doing the patrols, but it was much less boring- LOL.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next