Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raids so Hard, You'll Need Help from...

+4
UWinWithWin
S7 Coolhand
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Interseptor
8 posters

Go down

Raids so Hard, You'll Need Help from... Empty Raids so Hard, You'll Need Help from...

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:48 am

Bungie has announced that the Raids may be so hard that you will need help from the Internet.

Gamespot wrote:Destiny's six-player raid missions are going to be so tough that you'll likely need to access a walkthrough on the Internet to help get your squad through to the end. That's according to Bungie design lead Luke Smith, who says that the game's raid missions were purposefully designed to not give players much information or direction.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-raids-so-tough-you-may-need-help-from-the/1100-6422047/

Bring it on!!!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Raids so Hard, You'll Need Help from... Empty Re: Raids so Hard, You'll Need Help from...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  I'm glad they make you go through "Normal" first.  If they threw people into Heroic right away I could see many people just giving up too quickly.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Raids so Hard, You'll Need Help from... Empty Re: Raids so Hard, You'll Need Help from...

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Even though it may mean some extra time the first time through I think it is cool to just try and figure it out for a while - wipe - try something different - wipe - go a different way - success!  That can feel more rewarding than looking it up and completing it as quickly as possible on your first try with no wipes.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:22 pm

Bungie keeps saying things like this. I wonder how it will play out in actual gameplay. If they make the game so hard no one can beat it, that's not really a positive in my book. It will be interesting to see if they can create a game that's "fun to lose to"
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:30 pm

I don't know about you, but I've never had fun losing.
I've had fun in spite of losing (i.e. had a good time playing with the guys--but we lost and still joked and had fun after the match like it didn't happen). But that's different than "fun to lose to" in my opinion.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:19 am

I will need A LOT of help with this one!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:05 pm

UWinWithWin wrote:Bungie keeps saying things like this. I wonder how it will play out in actual gameplay. If they make the game so hard no one can beat it, that's not really a positive in my book. It will be interesting to see if they can create a game that's "fun to lose to"

I fully expect raids (especially Heroic) to be geared for only the most hardcore players with people needing specific elemental builds for certain situations and bosses.  Chances are you aren't going to just jump in a raid, clear it and be done.  I'm thinking very few people will actually complete Heroic raids.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:07 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:I will need A LOT of help with this one!
Don't sweat it, once we figure it out, we'll walk you through it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Meh, if I can walk through all the Halo games on Legendary running around in the open murdering everything I don't see why I won't do about the same in Destiny  Twisted Evil
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:37 pm

AtrumX wrote:Meh, if I can walk through all the Halo games on Legendary running around in the open murdering everything I don't see why I won't do about the same in Destiny  Twisted Evil
Yeah....well....you're a FREAK Atrum!  J/K
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm sure the same won't work in Destiny since it's more MMO style raiding. We'll see next week!  Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:55 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I don't know about you, but I've never had fun losing.
I've had fun in spite of losing (i.e. had a good time playing with the guys--but we lost and still joked and had fun after the match like it didn't happen). But that's different than "fun to lose to" in my opinion.

Hhhmmm, novel concept.  Twisted Evil
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down