Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One dedicated raiding team

+6
S7 mrmiller
Atrum
S7 Coolhand
S7 OC
UWinWithWin
OneBadHuskerFan
10 posters

Go down

Xbox One dedicated raiding team Empty Xbox One dedicated raiding team

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

As it looks like it will require pretty much a consistent team of people that want to raid.  As it stands now I think it would be a good idea to get an idea of who will be willing to be "serious" about raids and who's just going to be "casual" (which is fine).  Not everybody has the time to put into raiding.

I'd like to get an early idea of who will be interested in serious time sinks into raiding and what days/times they'll be able to play.  We don't have a huge number of people here so it will most likely be a task to get a consistent 6 member team all with the same time frames to be able to play.

So anyways, if you're are interested in raiding please post what days and time frames you'll be able to play.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Xbox One dedicated raiding team Empty Re: Xbox One dedicated raiding team

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

I'll be able to play M-F nights from about 6:30 - 11:00 (Central) and pretty much any time on weekends.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Usually, I'll be able to play most weekday evenings from about 6:30- 10pm (eastern). Being in dental school, I may have somedays that I need to study. 

For me, weekends are hit or miss. Usually, i'm doing something with my wife but i will have time on weekend evenings primarily Saturday evening.
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm not sure yet what I want to do but I will be on m-Thursday 6:30ish-10:30ish,Friday,Saturday 8ish-2am est. Sunday 6-10

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

Saturdays are usually reserved for soccer and the girlfriend.  Friday night I can stay up til dawn if need be.  I also have one game a week either on Monday or Tuesday, varying week to week.  Also I will be with the gf on random nights.

General availability (central time zone):
Monday through Thursday - 5:30PM to 1:00AM
Friday - 5:30PM to dawn
Saturday - almost never
Sunday - noon to 1:00AM
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:57 pm

I'm a pretty late night guy for general availability. The first week I will be playing constantly. After that:
M-F: 10:00pm - 2:00am PST
Saturday: 9:00pm - Dawn PST
Sunday: Varies, usually 9:00pm - 2:00am

That being said, I'm sure I'll end up choosing 1 weekday to be on earlier each week.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:42 pm

I can play every other week from about 8 until Midnight, and later on the weekends.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Ok ... "the only dumb question is the one you don't ask".

What is Raid? I'm not a MMO player so I don't understand the concept fully. From the lockout video, it looks like it may be fun and I have great flexibility in my availability to play (benefits of being retired lol! ) but I don't know what would be required. Thx in advance.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:42 pm

Air7Cav wrote:Ok ... "the only dumb question is the one you don't ask".

What is Raid? I'm not a MMO player so I don't understand the concept fully. From the lockout video, it looks like it may be fun and I have great flexibility in my availability to play (benefits of being retired lol! ) but I don't know what would be required. Thx in advance.

First of all, nobody is quite sure exactly what will be required so keep that in mind, it's all speculation at this point, but...

Raids are 6 player end game content that will require coordination (possible puzzle type stuff) and most likely purpose-built character builds (proper elements on weapons, etc.).  Bosses will have their own loot tables meaning you'll only be able to get the best gear in the game by defeating those bosses.  There's more to it but for now that's really all that needs to be known since we don't know Destiny specific raid information yet.  We'll definitely be updated info as we go.  As far as us raiding, it won't be for a while anyways because we'll need a solid team of 6 people that are at end game content to even think about beginning it so we'll have plenty of time to figure it all out.

I'm just trying to get an idea of who will even be interested and when.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Yeah, I fall into the same category as AirCav. Not MMO savvy and don't know much about it. Didn't know about the game itself until the beta so I've got a lot to learn in a very short time.

May actually need one of those 200 page manuals this time from Game Stop. They want people coming through their doors for anything at this point. Will D/L the game, but need a $30 manual Embarassed .
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Im kinda there with aircav and klown on the raid stuff, I understand it, but I really don't think I will be doing it as it seems like a waste of time. I see it as replay a level/quest to level up and get better gear after you have either beat the game or level. This where I see it being a fail IF all your gear and level stuff carries over to multiplayer vs if there is not some kinda of nerf system.  Take stickys Diablo guy that does 1 million points of damage vs zacs that doe 600k points of damage, both have "finished" the game but sticky has been on more "raids" played the game x times with the same character.  But in Diablo there is no multiplayer vs so its just bragging rights but in Destiny if you carryover the quest character into mp vs mp then sticky character is op vs zacs ,and this wouldn't be fun. I have no idea how destiny is gonna work because I have yet to watch ALL of huskers propaganda videos Smile
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Yup I've never played an mmo but have general concept of what a raid is but still very very noobish to a game this style. Very excited though.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:10 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Im kinda there with aircav and klown on the raid stuff, I understand it, but I really don't think I will be doing it as it seems like a waste of time. I see it as replay a level/quest to level up and get better gear after you have either beat the game or level. This where I see it being a fail IF all your gear and level stuff carries over to multiplayer vs if there is not some kinda of nerf system.  Take stickys Diablo guy that does 1 million points of damage vs zacs that doe 600k points of damage, both have "finished" the game but sticky has been on more "raids" played the game x times with the same character.  But in Diablo there is no multiplayer vs so its just bragging rights but in Destiny if you carryover the quest character into mp vs mp then sticky character is op vs zacs ,and this wouldn't be fun. I have no idea how destiny is gonna work because I have yet to watch ALL of huskers propaganda videos Smile

Destiny's basic MP games are balanced regardless of gear.  They also have "Iron Banner" MP matches that have no restrictions and people's gear actually matters.  You'll have a choice of which type of MP you want to be a part of.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:17 pm

Glad to hear that! Husker! Thanks
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:24 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 DROOPY wrote:Im kinda there with aircav and klown on the raid stuff, I understand it, but I really don't think I will be doing it as it seems like a waste of time. I see it as replay a level/quest to level up and get better gear after you have either beat the game or level. This where I see it being a fail IF all your gear and level stuff carries over to multiplayer vs if there is not some kinda of nerf system.  Take stickys Diablo guy that does 1 million points of damage vs zacs that doe 600k points of damage, both have "finished" the game but sticky has been on more "raids" played the game x times with the same character.  But in Diablo there is no multiplayer vs so its just bragging rights but in Destiny if you carryover the quest character into mp vs mp then sticky character is op vs zacs ,and this wouldn't be fun. I have no idea how destiny is gonna work because I have yet to watch ALL of huskers propaganda videos Smile

Destiny's basic MP games are balanced regardless of gear.  They also have "Iron Banner" MP matches that have no restrictions and people's gear actually matters.  You'll have a choice of which type of MP you want to be a part of.

Smile  Had to chuckle. My eyes saw "Iron Banner" buy my brain read "Iron Cross". The later does sound cooler though.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Yep, I plan on playing both types depending on else is playing then.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:28 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
Air7Cav wrote:Ok ... "the only dumb question is the one you don't ask".

First of all, nobody is quite sure exactly what will be required so keep that in mind, it's all speculation at this point, but...

Raids are 6 player end game content that will require coordination (possible puzzle type stuff) and most likely purpose-built character builds (proper elements on weapons, etc.).  Bosses will have their own loot tables meaning you'll only be able to get the best gear in the game by defeating those bosses.  There's more to it but for now that's really all that needs to be known since we don't know Destiny specific raid information yet.  We'll definitely be updated info as we go.  As far as us raiding, it won't be for a while anyways because we'll need a solid team of 6 people that are at end game content to even think about beginning it so we'll have plenty of time to figure it all out.

I'm just trying to get an idea of who will even be interested and when.

Ok, got the message - "Wait. Out." But based on the video, I would be down for Raid at this juncture. Looks like a good team objective based mode similar to RB6 and we all know I do me some RB6.  cheers
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:35 am

Will definitely be looking to do raids. My best days are monday and Tuesday, times do very but I'm flexible. The rest of the week I usually play 7pm to 1030pm pacific time.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down