Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

+5
DeadSockPuppet
Lickwid Apex
Xpert2010
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:37 pm

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

And we’re off!  Last week saw the start of Season 3 and a spectacular start it was!  12 members racing side by side for glory.  Close calls, epic crashes and close finishes were all there to make it one of the best nights of racing we have seem in quite a while.  New blood and more experienced racers look to shake things up as this season promises to be one of the best yet.

Forza News:

Last week was amazing!  12 members showed up to make the start of season 3 one of the best racing events we have ever had.  Newer members have stepped up their game while seasoned racers like Husker came out of retirement to make a huge impact on the nights overall standings.  We has some epic crashes, crippling lag, clean passes and generally amazing races all night long.  Husker raced clean and consistently finished on the podium for all but one race.  It was an impressive showing and he proved he is a force to be reckoned with taking away TOP HONORS for the night!  Congratz Husker, F-Class Champion Season 3!

The rest of the pack did a great job as well.  Interseptor, Apex, Atrum, Wiggles and Xpert filled out the next section of racers.  Generally it was good clean racing except for the occasional wreck or lag spike.  I personally fell victim to the lag in one race and was in the wrong place at the wrong time in a few others.  But generally the top of the pack raced clean all night with some excellent showing all around.  Xpert is showing some real improvement.  Putting in the extra time is really paying off for him.  Wiggles also made a return to the FCS.  It was great to see him back in action.  Now f we could just find Glock…

Next up was the middle pack with Kenny, Tipton and Knightowl followed closely by OC, Puppet and Coolhand.  Things were a little more difficult for these guys and bad luck seemed to find them more often.  Regardless, it was still amazingly close for most of the pack with only a few points separating them.  It was anyone’s race to win and Tipton and Knightowl even TIED for 8th place!   At the end of the night, the final points looked like this:

F Class Results

80 - Husker (1 Win, 6 Podiums)
78 - Interseptor (3 Wins, 5 Podiums)
74 - Apex (1 Win, 4 Podiums)
71 - Atrum (1 Win, 3 Podiums)
65 - Wiggles (1 Win, 1 Podium)
44 - Xpert (1 Podium)
35 - Kenny
33 - TiptonGang (1 Podium)
33 - KnightOwl
29 - OC
28 - Puppet
18 - Coolhand

Season Standings

15 - Husker
13 - Interseptor
11 - Apex
9 - Atrum
8 - Wiggles
7 - Xpert
6 - Kenny
5 - TiptonGang
5 - KnightOwl
3 - OC
2 - Puppet
1 – Coolhand

E-Class Info:

This week we are looking forward to the E-Class Tourney.  This tourney will be held one week from Thursday on June 21.  At this point we still have a little over 1 week to prepare our cars (and ourselves) for the big event.  E-class steps up the action offering more cars and faster lap times.  Still a very controllable class with cars that aren’t too fast, E-Class definitely requires some finesse to get these cars to sing around the track and little mistakes can add up to seconds lost as momentum is the name of the game here.  There are no car restrictions aside from the fact that they must be E-Class.  Powertrain, upgrades, paint?  It's all up to you!  Drivers will meet up tonight for the start of the season, at which point we will see who has what it takes to win. 

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday, June 21 2013
Time: EVENT starts at 9:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: E-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: TBA
# of Races: 7
# of Laps:  TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track.  The person with the most points will be the F4 E-Class Champion for Season 2. 

You will also earn points towards our Overall Season Standing.

PRIZES:
*Official Trophy
*All participants will once again earn 1 entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the season.
(the more events you make it to the more entries you get)

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Nice write-up. It's very interesting having so many racers in these lower classes. Starting grid placement can have a huge effect on your finish. If you start in the back and interseptor is up front there is VERY little chance you can catch him. Can't wait for the cars to speed up and things to get even more crazy.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:51 pm

PUH PUH PUH PODIUM!!!!
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Gratz Xpert.  First podium for you?
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Washed up, has been, old school Interseptor reporting for duty and ready for take off...

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 3 F4s3e_zpse46ecc88
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:10 pm

Very nice car Zak! Too bad I'll be out of town. Sets me up for a dramatic return 1st place in d-class. Very Happy
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Lickwid Apex wrote:Gratz Xpert.  First podium for you?

No, I think I had a podium last season as well.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:30 am

It was indeed an outstanding night.  Just looking at the point standings for F class remind me of how close every race was at different parts of the group.

Xpert has taken to man/clutch and discovered a new level of speed.  His lines are getting cleaner and his tact in a corner is becoming more refined with every race.  Soon, soon we will be 5 wide on official race nights and I can't wait.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:37 am

Xpert has definitely been getting faster. I switched to man/clutch from manual a couple weeks back thanks to Zaks prodding. I also dropped my last assist (TCS) last week, so I am now assist free. Oddly enough I only saw my racing get faster - suppose that goes to show I've improved from Forza 4 launch when I tried no assists and had a terrible time.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:44 am

I'm still a bit sloppy on turns because I just don't know what gear I should be in going in to/coming out of turns.  Of the three important steps I take in making a turn, which is adjust speed, shift gears, and turn... I sometimes forget a step or perform a step too early or too late leaving me a ways behind the pack.  But I pretty much know what to do on the one hotlap track as I've raced about 200 laps on it XD
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 am

Xpert2010 wrote:I'm still a bit sloppy on turns because I just don't know what gear I should be in going in to/coming out of turns.  Of the three important steps I take in making a turn, which is adjust speed, shift gears, and turn... I sometimes forget a step or perform a step too early or too late leaving me a ways behind the pack.  But I pretty much know what to do on the one hotlap track as I've raced about 200 laps on it XD

You just need to start hot lapping the other track on the track list for E-Class.  Put in a little more time and will will start destroying kids.  And you don't need 200 laps either.  But put in 15-20 on each tack listed in the track thread.  You will be amazed how well you do come race day.  Keep working bro, you are close to a break through.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah, Xpert if you see me online I'll run some laps with you and give you some tips. You're probably at a point where a few general pointers will give you a big boost with some practice.

PS: I'll be missing this next event so if you're going to practice a lot and shoot for a podium, that'll be one less person around the front to beat.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 am

AtrumX wrote:
PS: I'll be missing this next event so if you're going to practice a lot and shoot for a podium, that'll be one less person around the front to beat.

That also leaves nobody to lag into me and destroy me on the first lap of a race!
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
AtrumX wrote:

That also leaves nobody to lag into me and destroy me on the first lap of a race!

Huzzah!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Don't count out Titpon.  His cars are fueled with laggerade. Wink
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:44 pm

I didn't really see much lag, if any, from tipton.  It's mostly Atrum that I see lag from.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I didn't really see much lag, if any, from tipton.  It's mostly Atrum that I see lag from.

That's because my car was a lagnet for him, when he started ubertweaking my car was always there to catch a beating.  If I'm not racing anymore, watch out cuz someone else will get to be his whipping boy.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Husker was lagging on me last night during practice.  So lag can strike anyone anytime.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Don't worry everyone.  I will save the replay from every race and I will post everyone's WHO DID THIS TO ME / WHAT HAPPENED TO ME videos. lol.  Still need to find Husker's Barrel Roll.  Got to admit, looking back on some of these videos is pretty funny (I personally find Atrums lag into me and Knight Owls flight funny).  Others are pretty d@mn unfortunate.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:14 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Husker was lagging on me last night during practice.  So lag can strike anyone anytime.

Good excuse!  Block, block, block, crash!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah, my lag has been epic. The trend I've noticed:

Winter: I see the lag and get destroyed
Summer: I see no lag, everyone else gets destroyed
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:40 pm

I try not to be right ahead or behind Atrum for that reason.  Beside is ok.  Learned that the hard way too.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I try not to be right ahead or behind Atrum for that reason.  Beside is ok.  Learned that the hard way too.

What's weird is that no other games have any lag, unusual ping times, or anything. It's literally only forza that I see/hear about lag issues.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:55 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:I try not to be right ahead or behind Atrum for that reason.  Beside is ok.  Learned that the hard way too.

What's weird is that no other games have any lag, unusual ping times, or anything. It's literally only forza that I see/hear about lag issues.

You got a lagswitch on your Forza setup?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:39 pm

AtrumX wrote:

Clearly you've never played FPS games where lag is always the reason.  Second only to cheating.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next