Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Diablo project hinted at by Blizzard job listing

+2
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Sticky
6 posters

Go down

New Diablo project hinted at by Blizzard job listing  Empty New Diablo project hinted at by Blizzard job listing

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:23 pm

A Blizzard job listing for an "Art Director, Unannounced Project" strongly suggests that something new is happening in the land of Diablo. How can I tell? Because directly underneath "Unannounced Project," it says, "Diablo."

"Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of the most epic games in the world, is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate art director to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!" the listing states. "Work alongside a team of the best artists, engineers and designers on the planet and enjoy the support of a company whose culture is centered on collaborative game development."

The successful applicant will have at least ten years experience "crafting videogame art," and five years as a lead artist or art director. Other prerequisites include "incredible communications and interpersonal skills," experience handling a large staff, proficiency with various 2D and 3D applications, and the ability to crack the whip and drop the hammer as needed. "A passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise" is listed as a plus. See, there's that whole Diablo thing again.

So yes, I'm definitely putting my money on Diablo here. We'll keep our ears to the ground.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

New Diablo project hinted at by Blizzard job listing  Empty Re: New Diablo project hinted at by Blizzard job listing

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:01 am

With ESO on the XB1 and PS4, it's not surprising that they'd want to drop a new Diablo for PC and consoles.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

New Diablo project hinted at by Blizzard job listing  Empty Re: New Diablo project hinted at by Blizzard job listing

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:19 am

Probably another expansion for D3.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:02 am

Xpert2010 wrote:Probably another expansion for D3.

Most likely. Knowing how long it takes Blizz to put out a game, it'd not a bad idea to start hiring now for a Diablo 4 release in 202x. I would be happy with the announcement of D4.

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:44 pm

I'll be happy if the next game isn't riddled with duping/hacking/etc.

If they make it server side saves instead of client side I'll be all over it.  Don't get me wrong, played the hell out of D3 and loved it, but not being able to join public rooms w/out at least one person having hacked items was a let down and eventually caused me to stop playing altogether.

They need to make it like the PC version.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:07 pm

i hope that the whole thing isnt server side. i like being able to pick up my xbox and play anywhere with a tv. but i also only play with close friends who never use hacks anyway
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:59 pm

S7 Plague wrote:i hope that the whole thing isnt server side. i like being able to pick up my xbox and  play anywhere with a tv. but i also only play with close friends who never use hacks anyway

You should be able to this if they link it to your XBL GT, even if it's server side, right?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:15 pm

DeadSockPuppet wrote:
S7 Plague wrote:i hope that the whole thing isnt server side. i like being able to pick up my xbox and  play anywhere with a tv. but i also only play with close friends who never use hacks anyway

You should be able to this if they link it to your XBL GT, even if it's server side, right?

Yeah, but I'm assuming he's thinking even if there's no internet there...being able to play offline.  While I understand that game integrity to me is more important and if server side saves are what does that then I'm for it.  Could you imagine how quickly MMO's would die off due to duping/modding like that?  Same thing caused me to quit playing the Borderlands games.  Sure they were fun until you couldn't play with any random people because everybody had duped/hacked items.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:58 pm

all I know is diablo = ill buy it
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:15 am

I guess they could do a mix of server side saves and local saves and whenever you go online your account syncs the local and server save - if you have mods they could overwrite them or something. That would still allow people to mod their local characters, thy just wouldn't want to use them online.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:36 pm

i mean offline play like middle of woods cabin type offline play lol but i still have d2 if all else fails
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down