Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Man's Sky...

+7
Atrum
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 DROOPY
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Panzer
Xpert2010
S7 Interseptor
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

No Man's Sky... - Page 2 Empty Re: No Man's Sky...

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm going Amazon cause I have Prime and can get it for like $48. I think it also comes with a ship with Lasers/hyperdrive
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Hmmm, I could do the same and use my Best Buy gift card to buy the division season pass. Decisions, decsisions...
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:17 pm

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Looks like the same one so I'll take the free ship, free shipping, and $12 savings.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:03 pm

I was really sure I wanted to get this, but now I really want to see what more of the gameplay is like before I make a purchase. There have been game mechanics that they briefly talked about, like the translation of alien languages and alien factions that I would like to know more about. If the game does turn into a simple exploration game, I think I'd get burnt out quickly. I can live without the ship re-skin pre-order bonus. lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:02 pm

The pre-order bonus is actually an upgraded ship with weapons and a hyperdrive to allow a quicker start to your exploration. Pre-ordered my copy with Amazon, looking forward to this one.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:54 am

Yup....I ordered it too. Hope it will be what I expect
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:20 am

Pre-ordered via Amazon this morning.

@ Xpert - Check out some of the IGN "First" videos.  There are 2 that I watched with about 20 mins each of direct gameplay.  It covers some of what you were asking like the alien languages.

@ Charles - What are you expecting?

I have been digging pretty deep into videos/reddit/etc... I can answer some questions.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:35 am

@ Interseptor......Something Good Smile
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:34 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:@ Interseptor......Something Good Smile

That is probably harder to answer. It really depends on what you are looking/hoping for it to be. Largely it's a space exploration game. There is no "story mode" or narrative to speak of. You are set loose in a universe and allowed to go anywhere and do anything. The developers said they want you to make your own story. There is an overall goal to the game which is to reach the center of the universe where some soft of mystery is revealed but mostly it's about flying around and discovering new stuff. Mining resources to upgrade and repair your stuff and trading said resources to get new stuff.

It's a largely solo experience and probably light on action in general. Although you can shoot stuff, steal stuff and generally do whatever you want, action game this is not. They want you to discover the lore of the universe yourself by exploring alien ruins and reading text from computers or taking with some of the alien factions the game has.

I think someone who likes to explore every inch of a game like SKYRIM, read all the books and look at the little untold stories will enjoy this game a lot more that someone who just does every mission back to back without care to the world crafted around you.

P.S. There are a few copies out in the wild and people are streaming if you are interested in seeing the game running outside of the controlled demos. I am avoiding most of it but if you are on the fence, you can check it out.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:10 am

I'm about 50/50 right now on deciding to wait to buy the game. I was watching the leaked footage to get a better idea of what the game is like. Also I've read from many people that they had relatively low expectations for the game had their expectations raised tenfold by watching the footage.

I think that whenever I'm thinking about purchasing a game that has a lot of hype around it, it makes me nervous. The last time I bought a overhyped game was Two Worlds and that game was freakin\' terrible.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:26 am

Yeah, I had very low expectations about the game myself. To the point was I was probably gonna pass on it honestly but with the release coming up I got more interested and really wanted something new to play. After checking out the videos and reading the interviews I decided to buy.

I think a lot of people are expecting the game to be something it's not and a lot of people will be disappointed. Personally I just want a game where I can fly around in space and do whatever I feel like doing. I still have pretty low expectations for the game but I'm very excited about it. I'm ready to get lost in space and drift from planet to plant and see what's out there.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Chippy Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Here's some gameplay to get us pumped for next week!! I'm excited about this game. bounce

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154500003184040&id=273824104039
S7 Chippy
S7 Chippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : ChipN3gan | Xbox One |

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Not gonna watch, it's been a while since I've watched any trailers or anything so I'm hoping to be surprised again.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Huge day 1 patch hits today.  Weighing in at only 824 MB but packs in a ton of stuff...

The Three Paths – there are now new, unique “paths” you can follow throughout the game. You must start the game on a fresh save, with the patch, as early choices have significant impact on what you see later in the game, and the overall experience.

The Universe – we changed the rules of the universe generation algorithm. Planets have moved. Environments have changed biomes. Galaxies have altered shape. All to create greater variety earlier. Galaxies are now up to 10x larger.

Diversity – Creatures are now more diverse in terms of ecology and densities on planets.

Planets – we’ve added dead moons, low atmosphere and extreme hazardous planets. Extreme hazards include blizzards and dust storms.

Atmosphere – space, night time and day skies are now 4x more varied due to new atmospheric system, which refracts light more accurately to allow for more intense sunsets.

Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it’s effects have been reduced further…

Terrain generation – caves up to 128m tall are now possible. Geometric anomalies have been added. Underwater erosion now leads to more interesting sea beds.

Ship diversity – a wider variety of ships appear per star system, and are available to purchase. Cargo and installed technology now vary more, and ships have more unique attributes.

Inventory – ship inventories now store 5 times more resources per slot. Suit inventories now store 2.5 times more per slot. This encourages exploration and gives freedom from the beginning. We’re probably going to increase this even further in the next update, for people in the latter game phases, and will allow greater trading potential.

Trading – trading is deeper. Star systems and planets each have their own wants and needs, based off a galactic economy. Observing these is the key to successful trading. We still working on adjusting this based on how everyone plays, but all trading values have been rebalanced across the galaxy, giving a greater depth. A bunch of trade exploits were uncovered and have been removed

Feeding – creatures now have their own diet, based on planet and climate. Feeding them correctly will yield different results per species, such as mining for you, protecting the player, becoming pets, alerting you to rare loot or pooping valuable resources.

Survival – recharging hazard protection requires rare resources, making shielding shards useful again. Storms can be deadly. Hazard protection and suit upgrades have been added. Liquids are often more dangerous

Graphical effects – Lighting and texture resolution have been improved. Shadow quality has doubled. Temporal AA didn’t make it in time, but it’s so close

Balancing – several hundred upgrades have had stat changes (mainly exo-suit and ship, but also weapon), new upgrades have been added.

Combat – Auto Aim and weapon aim has been completely rewritten to feel more gentle in general, but stickier when you need it. Sentinels now alert each other, if they haven’t been dealt with quickly. Quad and Walker AI is now much more challenging, even I struggle with them without a powered up weapon.

Space Combat – advanced techniques have been introduced, like brake drifting and critical hits. Bounty missions and larger battles now occur. Pirate frequency has been increased, as well as difficulty depending on your cargo.

Exploits – infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit among other removed. People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves, but people are weird and can’t stop themselves ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Stability – foundations for buildings on super large planets. Resolved several low repro crashes, in particular when player warped further than 256 light years in one session (was only possible due to warp cell exploit above).

Space Stations – interiors are now more varied, bars, trade rooms and hydroponic labs have been added

Networking – Ability to scan star systems other players have discovered on the Galactic Map, increasing the chance of collision. Star systems discovered by other players appear during Galactic Map flight

Ship scanning – scanning for points of interest from your ship is now possible. Buildings generate earlier and show up in ship scans
Flying over terrain – pop-in and shadow artifacts have been reduced. Generation speed has been increased two fold (planets with large bodies of water will be targeted in next update)

Writing – The Atlas path has been rewritten by James Swallow (writer on Deus Ex) and me.  I think it speaks to the over-arching theme of player freedom more clearly now. Early mission text has been rewritten to allow for multiple endings.

My copy is supposedly on the way so I should be playing tomorrow night.  I am cautiously optimistic about the game and I love the look of this first update.  I will also be streaming my gameplay for those interested or want to see what it's all about.  Tune in tomorrow night!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Amazon emailed me yesterday and said mine is coming USPS and should arrive tomorrow. If it comes when our mail normally arrives it should be at my house midday and I'll possibly try to jump on at night, but unlikely until the weekend.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Tomorrow will be a long day for me. I have my games delivered to me at work. The longest days are those with a copy of a game in my hand just waiting for 5pm.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:43 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Tomorrow will be a long day for me.  I have my games delivered to me at work.  The longest days are those with a copy of a game in my hand just waiting for 5pm.

Exactly why I don't do that. And I don't know if and when the kiddo will pass out, that determines if and when I get to play.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:52 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Tomorrow will be a long day for me.  I have my games delivered to me at work.  The longest days are those with a copy of a game in my hand just waiting for 5pm.

Exactly why I don't do that.  And I don't know if and when the kiddo will pass out, that determines if and when I get to play.  

Get that on a schedule man! My nights go...
7 - Starting bed time shtuff
8 - Kids in bed, they'll come out for various things until...
9 - Kiddos only come out for bathroom (or baby screams for food/changing). Pretty open to game safely at this point
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:08 am

Yeah, we're finally starting to get to that point.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:06 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:Yeah, we're finally starting to get to that point.  

Awe, no fooling me. Your just a big pushover. #spoiled
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:23 pm

I've told my wife I have no problem listening to my kid scream and cry herself to sleep. Unfortunately, my wife is usually up around 3am for work so she wins.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:12 pm

Copy in hand, patch 1.03 DLing, eating dinner. Stream stats in about an hour...

https://www.twitch.tv/s7_interseptor
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Streaming now!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:25 am

Played for like 3 hours and never left my initial planet. Fixed my ship up and flew around a little planet side, but I still have some discovering to do before leaving. I've learned over 20 words of the native language, done some trading at an outpost, found and named all six waypoints, named the system and planet, and discovered and named 8-9 plant and animal specimens (still need the 7th one that's ?????? to get the 175k unit reward for discovering everything).

I haven't done any space traveling yet, but so far I'm really impressed. Visuals are spectacular, plants and animals are beautiful, mining is intuitive (plants for carbon, rocks for iron, etc.), having to learn languages is requires work and interaction with NPCs. I did make two mistakes on naming discoveries, I think I have a waypoint named "J" and an animal named "S", because I changed my mind on the name and instead of finishing clearing my initial name I hit accept with a single letter. I wouldn't mind seeing a confirm option when naming, or the ability to quickly rename shortly after picking a name, but this isn't a game changer, I just need to stop fat fingering the names. Too bad some of the first discovered items will have crap names, probably all throughout the universe.

Overall, really impressed with my first impression and looking forward to playing more. I can see this game easily eating up the time I have to game for the foreseeable future.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next