Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Man's Sky...

+7
Atrum
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 DROOPY
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Panzer
Xpert2010
S7 Interseptor
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

No Man's Sky... - Page 3 Empty Re: No Man's Sky...

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:19 am

I played briefly early last night and then crashed.....long day. Will get back to it this weekend with many questions...Puppet, Zack Smile
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:15 am

Well if you are ever in the star system Kellerium, just head over to planet Bob. It's lovely, except for the toxic dust. Or perhaps a stop over at Vespa, a wondrous water planet... with irradiated water. And be sure to make your your way to the amazing planet Shutread, with gold fields covering the entire planet! (just look out for the poison rain)

WTF is wrong with the star system? Why is everything trying to kill me? Oh well, 3 more planets to go. Perhaps one of them is nice?

In all seriousness, the game is kind of amazing for what it is. I'm still exploring my local starting system and so far each planet is quite different from each other. My starting system has 6 planets and I have really only scratched the surface of 3. I could have easily spent all night on just the starting planet (planet Bob!) but I wanted to see a little more. I also have a space station which was handy for unloading all the gold I mined from Shutread. So far I have made a tidy sum (around 650k) just from "treasure hunting". My basic plan is to make a cool million and visit all 6 planets before moving on to the next system. Just gotta see what out there. Exploring and treasure hunting/trading will probably be my main focus.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:26 am

No Man's Sky... - Page 3 Shutre10
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:29 pm

I decided to wait on this game. Even though exploring all of these random worlds would be an interesting experience, I'm afraid that I would tire out quickly from the grind. Would definitely get it for a cheaper price.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:09 pm

I'm probably not as polished a streamer as Zak, and I'm typically in chat where sometimes you can hear the other people, but I've been trying to stream now whenever I play. Mostly it has been Divison and U2, but I'll be streaming this whenever I remember.

https://www.twitch.tv/s7_sockpuppet/

I also try to save my recordings, which are typically available for like a week or so. However, sometimes the title from PS4 doesn't transfer over correctly and my recordings get labeled with the previous game I played.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:31 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:I'm probably not as polished a streamer as Zak, and I'm typically in chat where sometimes you can hear the other people, but I've been trying to stream now whenever I play.  Mostly it has been Divison and U2, but I'll be streaming this whenever I remember.

https://www.twitch.tv/s7_sockpuppet/

I also try to save my recordings, which are typically available for like a week or so.  However, sometimes the title from PS4 doesn't transfer over correctly and my recordings get labeled with the previous game I played.

ok...

1) I am not a polished streamer. Just like you I sit in chat but I do watch the comments and reply to any questions. Mostly I just stream whatever I am playing. Sometimes I am probably boring but like you I try to stream most times I play just in case someone wants to watch.

2) It's easy to go in after recording and edit the videos so the correct title shows up. Just use a computer and go to the website, log in and edit it from there. I have to do that all the time (well anytime I switch games as it keeps the title of the last stream.)

~end reply

Now back to NMS. I played another 5 hrs or so last night (actually didn't stream as I was trying to finish up some farming and thought it would be boring). My goal was to make my first million units (currency) and head out into the unknown. I have finished discovering the 6 planets in the Kellerium System and went about farming (mining) my gold planet Shutread. I ended up getting more gold than I could have imagined. I have 1.1 million and 200k in reserve gold in my cargo hold. I was ready to head out but then I saw a slick little ship fly into the hanger. I couldn't resist. I took a look and it was better in every way from what I was currently flying and the price was 900k. I bought it on the spot and transferred over my cargo.

The only problem was the new ships (at least when you buy someones ship off of them) doesn't have any Hyper-drive fuel and sadly I have bought 3 antimatter just a little while ago for my old ship (antimatter is rare and needed for the big space jumps). So now the space station is sold out and I have a shiny new ship with no fuel for the big jump. My only option now is to make some my own (or buy it from a passing trader, if I can find someone who has it).

My fortune is largely spent and I have no Warp Cells to make the jump but I am determined to make the jump. My plan tonight is to craft some Warp Cells and jump regardless of the funds in my account. I gotta make it on my own and stop relying on the crutch that is my gold planet Shutread. Farewell gold mining planet, you will never be forgotten.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Voyager42 Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 pm

I love this game so much. Exactly what I had been hoping for. I have no plans to head to the center and beat the game and honestly I can see myself just exploring the universe until they come out with No Man's Sky 2. I'm fine with no PVP and hope they don't try to take it in that direction. Stick with space exploration. Even if the shooter types find it boring. They need to learn not every game is for them.
Voyager42
Voyager42

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Here's a link to an article that explains how to get the hyperdrive, both with and without the preorder ship that causes the game killing bug:

http://www.gosunoob.com/no-mans-sky/hyperdrive-how-to-get-it/
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:22 pm

That's all well and good, if you read this and remember to transfer the hyperdrive (Which I'm not sure you can actually do) but the problem is for those who have jumped 6 systems and bought a new ship. No hyperdrive, no tutorial video, no blueprint and no way to move forward (or backward for that matter). Some people are just stuck until a patch to fix the bug or completely start over from scratch.

Bottom line is if you sold your ship and now don't have a hyperdrive, you are kind of screwed unless you get lucky with RNG on a random planet in your current system. Pretty big problem. Let's hope it gets fixed soon for those effected.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:45 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:That's all well and good, if you read this and remember to transfer the hyperdrive (Which I'm not sure you can actually do) but the problem is for those who have jumped 6 systems and bought a new ship.  No hyperdrive, no tutorial video, no blueprint and no way to move forward (or backward for that matter).  Some people are just stuck until a patch to fix the bug or completely start over from scratch.

Bottom line is if you sold your ship and now don't have a hyperdrive, you are kind of screwed unless you get lucky with RNG on a random planet in your current system.  Pretty big problem.  Let's hope it gets fixed soon for those effected.

That's awesome. Maybe they just wanted you to roleplay an episode of Stargate until the patch arrives? cheers
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:08 am

Yeah, or some Lost in Space, I loved me some Lost in Space.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:15 am

It's funny you say that cause I was just reading about a guy who ventured too far away from his ship on a planet and the marker disappeared. He was stuck wondering until he could find one of the outposts where he could hack and call his ship.

(And for those not aware, these planet are huge and finding a location to call a ship could take a while.)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Voyager42 Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Anybody else having an issue with the game randomly crashing? It happened twice last night during play and twice while loading the game after having the game crash.
Voyager42
Voyager42

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Not for me. I have not had one crash yet but I am still on the edge of galaxy and not really gone too far (like around 7 jumps maybe?).
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Voyager42 Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Not for me.  I have not had one crash yet but I am still on the edge of galaxy and not really gone too far (like around 7 jumps maybe?).

I just made my first jump. Not sure how I feel about the system I chose lol. First planet is just alright. Somewhat barren.
Voyager42
Voyager42

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Any thought of setting up a NMS thread under supported games? It seems most everyone that has a PS4 has or will pick this up so it would be nice to have a place to run some threads for the game.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:56 pm

I've got a great planet for gold farming in my current system. There's no hostile animals on the planet, sentinels are minimal and since most of my gold mining leads me under the surface level I don't really have any issues with the radiation.

Got up to about 3.5M units this afternoon, but I'm looking to hit probably 5-7M and then jump to a new system. I'd like to buy a ship with 30 slots that's got more of a block layout for the slots either right before leaving or when I get to my new system.

So far, the ones I've seen are around 5M but don't have the block layout. I also need to beef up my defenses to protect against pirates. Right now I'm about .500 when it comes to space battles and faster and stronger weapons would be useful, as well as some better shields.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Well, I am cruising along nicely. Aside from probably screwing up one of the main quest options I am doing really well. I have a nice ship. It's slick, fast and nimble. Perfect for the treasure hunting I do and really good in a dog fight. I can easily fight off 4-6 pirates now and as I am usually hauling precious cargo, that's a good thing. But sadly it's about 2-4 slots small than I want. I think I'll have to trade her in soon and start all over again.

Now that I am free of the Path of the Atlas, I am gonna start working on upgrading everything fully. Grab a new ship, fully trick it out and then work on my suit. I have a lots of slots now so I an gonna start putting on the elemental protection stuff permanently (I had been swapping them out from planet to planet to save space). Once that's done I am headed to the center, or very close at least and see what all the fuss is about. I should be well enough equipped to hold my own by then.

I'll report more later. Oh, and once I find my dream ship I'll be sure to take some pic and post em up.

P.S. @ Puppet. Don't see a need for a dedicated sub-forum honestly. It's largely SP after all. Just feel free to use the Misc forums for now. If we end up with a bunch of new threads we can look at getting our own forum. Right now it's just one thread. No real need.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Voyager42 Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:04 am

You guys going to be playing much this weekend? I need some NMS with cool people.
Voyager42
Voyager42

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:09 am

I work a full day on Saturday so I probably won't be on Friday night, but possibly Saturday night. I just made the jump to start the Lelu Dallas Atlas Pass tour, so I should be able to get mine next time I'm on.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Voyager42 Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:32 am

The jump to start the what? I seem to have missed something the last few days lol
Voyager42
Voyager42

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:12 pm

There's a quest you have to take to get the first Atlas Pass and it starts after you're done a couple of hyper jumps.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:13 pm

Voyager42 wrote:The jump to start the what? I seem to have missed something the last few days lol

He is talking about the quest that get's you the Altas Pass. "Lelu Dallas Atlas Pass " is a reference to the 5th Element (inside joke of sorts)

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Voyager42 Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:35 pm

DeadSockPuppet wrote:There's a quest you have to take to get the first Atlas Pass and it starts after you're done a couple of hyper jumps.  

Oh. Yeah. I knew that. Still just happens randomly after a few jumps? Did they release another big patch?
Voyager42
Voyager42

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:09 pm

yeah, it seems to be random. I think I got an anomaly after about 2 jumps and that started it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next