Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witcher 3

+12
Atrum
DeadSockPuppet
The JDG
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Evol Recovery
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Panzer
CivilWarrior737
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Witcher 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Witcher 3

Post by The JDG Tue May 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Nice Pulp Fiction easter egg on the bottom floor of the Crow's Perch.
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : The JDG

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Sadly, I have only played the very first bit of the Witcher and haven't got back to it. I was a bit scared of the Xbox one save issues, and I was side tracked by destiny. With clan wars this weekend and ESO around the bend, I'm not sure when I will get to it. How far have most of you got, and does it surpass the awesomeness that was Witcher 2? Do you know if you can come back to the side quests after the end of the game?
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 29, 2015 12:43 pm

I have been trying to put as much time into this as I can. With ESO around the corner I wanted to finish this up as quickly as possible but I don't think it's going to happen. The game is just too big and too good to rush through. Every side quest is really good so far and so many small events impact the game world that I can't just pass by an abandoned site or monster nest without clearing it.

Is it better than W2? Hell yes! This game is amazing so far.
Questing after end of game? No idea. Huge game and nowhere near the end yet.

I'm just gonna put as much time into it as I can and try and balance Destiny on the side till ESO drops. After that? I have no idea how I am gonna keep up with three active games affraid
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 1:11 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I have been trying to put as much time into this as I can.  With ESO around the corner I wanted to finish this up as quickly as possible but I don't think it's going to happen.  The game is just too big and too good to rush through.  Every side quest is really good so far and so many small events impact the game world that I can't just pass by an abandoned site or monster nest without clearing it.

Is it better than W2?  Hell yes!  This game is amazing so far.
Questing after end of game?  No idea.  Huge game and nowhere near the end yet.

I'm just gonna put as much time into it as I can and try and balance Destiny on the side till ESO drops.  After that?  I have no idea how I am gonna keep up with three active games affraid

No kidding. I've only clocked in 16 hours and just got to the Bloody Baron. This game is frickin huge and hella time consuming to get all the side quests and monster nests, witcher gear, etc.. I'm only lvl 4, feel like I've been playing it way longer. This is definitely something that can't be rushed through. This and CoD are time consuming enough, there's no way I can be playing anything else right now lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 29, 2015 1:38 pm

I was afraid of missing side quest or that doing/not doing them would have an impact on other events. I was debating on trying to play it through and focus only on the main storyline then coming back to the side quests, but didn't want to mess anything up. I may have to sit this out until later after slowing down on ESO.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 29, 2015 3:39 pm

LOL! Saw this and had to share...

Witcher 3 - Page 2 Alfw4uU
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri May 29, 2015 4:39 pm

I just picked it up.....and put $ down ESO too...Dang
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri May 29, 2015 5:04 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:LOL!  Saw this and had to share...

Witcher 3 - Page 2 Alfw4uU

One COD DLC has more story than a Destiny expansion. Very Happy
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sun May 31, 2015 10:53 pm

Witcher 3 Update

Well it says I have about 34 hours played in the Witcher 3. I find that to be inaccurate and I believe its missing 10+ hours. I am very close to the end while being level 30 with some sexy ass gear. I can't compare any games story line to the Witcher 3 unless I am holding it against all three Mass Effect games at once. The story is one to remember and is very diverse and has consumed my past two weekends. My only minor complaint is later in the game it throws some great cut scenes in but seems to remove the normal grind of going from one place to another. I lost the immersion that was so strong earlier on do to this. This is not to say the game isn't d@mn near perfect but almost felt like they took a different tactic to finish the story,  or it it shows that even with 3+ years of development that the end of this epic story was getting pressure to be released. Either way I hope games like Fallout 4, Elder scrolls , and AAA titles follow this trend and see how giving developers time will really pay off.

Witcher 3 - Page 2 TrmHrD0
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Still haven't picked this up yet. I watched about an hour of game footage yesterday and noticed it plays and looks just like Red Dead Redemption Shocked (in a different era of course). But man, now I'm seriously considering this as my next "Gotta Get".
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:30 pm

I see what you mean. Good game for sure.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:44 pm

I've really been enjoying it. I knew I was in for a good time when...

I'm casually strolling down the road, happen upon a pack of wolves. Try fighting, get pwned, run for my life.
The wolves chase me to a farm where the villagers look up, one screams "Oh.. NOOO!! RUU--" and gets jumped on by a wolf.
I continued my noble trek (AKA: outrunning the poor fools) and survived the incident.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:45 pm

AtrumX wrote:I've really been enjoying it. I knew I was in for a good time when...

I'm casually strolling down the road, happen upon a pack of wolves. Try fighting, get pwned, run for my life.
The wolves chase me to a farm where the villagers look up, one screams "Oh.. NOOO!! RUU--" and gets jumped on by a wolf.
I continued my noble trek (AKA: outrunning the poor fools) and survived the incident.

Witcher 3 - Page 2 Giphy

I plan on playing the game again when all the DLC comes out on hard mode.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:40 am

Well I beat the game. It supposedly took me 40 hours but I believe its more as the timer is off. The only time I felt so strong towards a story and its characters is when I finish up a really good book series. The story is long, rich, and simply breathtaking. Graphics can only be held in comparison to the Crysis series. While combat is fun and flexible so it never gets old. I will hold off on a second play through tell the DLC is released as I would like to receive the full experience on the hardest difficulty.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:19 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Well I beat the game. It supposedly took me 40 hours but I believe its more as the timer is off. The only time I felt so strong towards a story and its characters is when I finish up a really good book series. The story is long, rich, and simply breathtaking. Graphics can only be held in comparison to the Crysis series. While combat is fun and flexible so it never gets old. I will hold off on a second play through tell the DLC is released as I would like to receive the full experience on the hardest difficulty.

Couldn't have described it better myself Panzer. Though I haven't beat it yet, I really love this game.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:07 am

From what I read on XB1 there are two upcoming DLC (hearts of stone & blood and wine) --scheduled for October 2015 and Jan 2016. Long wait. You may not want to play again after such a long delay.

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:17 am

Such a huge game full of content. Played all weekend long, like seriously every waking minute and bare advanced the story at all. I got a ton done too but there is just so much here to play. I have caught up on a good many side quest type things and I think the story will advance pretty quickly soon but man what a ride. Everything is just so good.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 am

Yes....I didn't get to play long (as usual) but it IS a great game. Like Klown mentioned....Red Dead but in a different era. Thanks Zak for helping me get the game going in the right direction
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by The JDG Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Glad I'm not the only one getting that Red Dead feeling, I thought it was just because of the horse. Somebody needs to add some Jose Gonzalez guitar to a video of Geralt slow riding across a field of wheat.
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:27 pm

AtrumX wrote:I've really been enjoying it. I knew I was in for a good time when...

Lol, sounds about right...this game makes you work! My favorite game right now. Klown it's very good!
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:48 am

On Saturday when my wife and daughter told me to get lost so they could buy my Father's Day gift, my feet "somehow" guided the remainder of my body to the gaming section and well ....I bought the Witcher 3 Rolling Eyes .

Played all day yesterday and like Red Dead felt like I couldn't put it down. Amazing game already!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:51 pm

BTW, this week's FREE DLC is out:

The Skellige armor set and new Skellige's Most Wanted contract.

http://www.gamesradar.com/witcher-3-gets-more-free-dlc-week/
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by The JDG Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 pm

I've been playing this for a month and just got to Skellige yesterday.
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Well, I'm sad to admit this is the first time I've been seriously thinking about purchasing a guide Embarassed .
The depth of this game is becoming far too much to even attempt to know without a reference of some type. I've played massive open-world games before (Red Dead, Oblivion, Skyrim , Grand Theft etc.) and never needed a guide.

Every game AirCav gets he also buys a 250 page guide. He always says "you never know" and I've been online a few times when we've been completely lost in co-op or trying to understand what some cryptic message meant in a log. He could always whip out the book (and I always give him grief). Sorry Cav, with this one you're right.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:09 am

S7 Skipito wrote:I've been playing this for a month and just got to Skellige yesterday.
It told me I've only played 26 mins. Longest 26 mins. of my life!
I'm still "Wandering in the Dark" metaphorically and literally fighting the Wild Hunt warrior Nithral Rolling Eyes LOL!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next