Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Age

+8
S7 Plague
Atrum
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Ragnarok
S7 Coolhand
S7 Sticky
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Uncle Charles
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dragon Age - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Age

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:50 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I've put about 55 hours in and am only like level 9 - just barely scratched the surface.  I am playing it on nightmare mode so it is taking longer - quite a bit of fail then reattempt or do something else first.  I'm liking the challenge it is giving me for sure.  The tactical overhead thing is great, but I wish I could program the AI like in Origins with the combat techniques.

Nice, I'll definitely be doing Nightmare on my 2nd playthrough.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:32 pm

So, as usual, EA/Origins has effed me over.  Went to the Dragon's Keep page to update the background from my past games so I'll be set for DAI and of course they don't have my Xbox account linked to my EA/Origins account so none of my choices are saved in the system.  

I got over that quickly because you can go through the Tapestry and make all the choices again and it gives you some background so I've been able to remember most of my choices.  However, the garbage site won't finish accepting changes and just sits on a screen with a logo showing like its thinking.

Not sure why I expected EA/Origins to release something that wasn't complete garbage.  I'll have to try again and see if it works, otherwise I hope the default world state doesn't suck.  Either way, it will blow if I can't get the choices I made to load, lot of time spent making some great background and it would all be wasted.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Got my world state set up on the website, however, can't access PSN so I can't load my world state.  Looks like I won't be playing this game for a while, at least until PSN is back up.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:47 am

Finally got on PSN and loaded up everything for DAI and put in about 4hrs.  So far the game feels just like where it left off with the previous games.  I wish they had picked up the sandbox openness of SKYRIM!!!, but the game is still keeping my interest.  I played a handful of story missions and started on he War Council missions and side missions in Ferelden.  I can see myself getting eaten up by this game, just like the previous ones.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:53 am

i must be the only one who got bored 15mins in the game. just feels to slow where other rpg games would suck me into. Just feels rather bland to me but then again i have 15mins into it and haven't touched it since. i would love to get more involved with in the game but. i don't understand nothing about the game due to never playing one before. I don't know if that's why or this isn't my cup of tea. its so hard to find a rpg that sucks me in like fallout.
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:33 pm

EternalXPlague wrote:i must be the only one who got bored 15mins in the game. just feels to slow where other rpg games would suck me into. Just feels rather bland to me but then again i have 15mins into it and haven't touched it since. i would love to get more involved with in the game but. i don't understand nothing about the game due to never playing one before. I don't know if that's why or this isn't my cup of tea. its so hard to find a rpg that sucks me in like fallout.
I haven't played this game yet, but I find that to be true of any RPG. Either you get really in to the game from the start, or it feels kinda boring and you quit after a short time.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Yeah I'm starting to feel more ducked in if my disc drive actually loads it or not is to be seen
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:22 pm

The draw of this series was the sheer depth of the background info you could find and read (similar to SKYRIM!!!) and the relationships with your NPCs.  If you've played the KOTOR series or the ME series you know how every choice you make in the dialogue trees have the potential for you make and lose friends in your NPC group.  

Also, for the previous games in the series, you could carry over your world state (which was based on your decisions) and it would alter how the game played out and which NPCs would be available to your party.  While you couldn't directly take that info and load it into DAI, you could create your world state on the game's special website and then import your choices in to your DAI game.  

Basically, the two things that draw me I into this game are:
1.) The rich, in-depth interactions you can have with the NPCs 
2.) That the TONS of hours you put into previous DA games can influence your DAI experience
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:29 pm

I hated the original but this game is so well done. I love the fact I can pull the screen back and just plan my attack.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:51 am

The only thing I truly hated about the originals were the fact that every dungeon was exactly the same layout, just with one of like 5 or 6 skins on it that corresponded to what type of area you were in.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:50 am

AtrumX wrote:
EternalXPlague wrote:i must be the only one who got bored 15mins in the game. just feels to slow where other rpg games would suck me into. Just feels rather bland to me but then again i have 15mins into it and haven't touched it since. i would love to get more involved with in the game but. i don't understand nothing about the game due to never playing one before. I don't know if that's why or this isn't my cup of tea. its so hard to find a rpg that sucks me in like fallout.
I haven't played this game yet, but I find that to be true of any RPG. Either you get really in to the game from the start, or it feels kinda boring and you quit after a short time.

When I'm playing an RPG that I find it to be boring initially, there's usually a point where things start to pick up... and at that point I tend to start a new game so I could pay attention to the story a bit more up to that point.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:20 pm

DAI does start a little slow and so far I haven't noticed a ton of tie in the previous ones but I'm not far so there's not a ton of story missed yet.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Yeah I'm more of a kotor1 and 2 guy think I replayed those 2 games about 15times each till I knew every bit of info about the game with every choice taken lol but yeah I just don't have al9t 9f single player time these das and I find my self enjoying Co op based campaigns more fun.
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:52 pm

There is some co-op or MP stuff for DAI, but I haven't gotten a chance to play any of it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:25 pm

I looked at it doesn't seem a whole lot figured out looks like a couple maps
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Just started playing this last night- so far so good!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:13 pm

EternalXPlague wrote:I looked at it doesn't seem a whole lot figured out looks like a couple maps
Yeah, I jumped into it for a second and saw you had to create a new character so I really didn't do anything.  Eventually I'll give it a go.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:54 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
EternalXPlague wrote:I looked at it doesn't seem a whole lot figured out looks like a couple maps
Yeah, I jumped into it for a second and saw you had to create a new character so I really didn't do anything.  Eventually I'll give it a go.

Yeah, MP is completely separate from SP.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Got it Monday been playing since.  So
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major