Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy DLC for Dragon Age II

4 posters

Go down

Legacy DLC for Dragon Age II Empty Legacy DLC for Dragon Age II

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:24 am

I'm not sure if anyone else really got into Dragon Age/Dragon Age II like I did, but this new DLC sounds pretty good. I downloaded it tonight and will probably try to get into it tomorrow and over my upcoming mini vacation. If anyone else has tried out Legacy, please post up your thoughts. Try to avoid any spoilers though.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Legacy DLC for Dragon Age II Empty Re: Legacy DLC for Dragon Age II

Post by S7 Jwriter Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:42 am

I forgot that was coming out. I love DA...looks like i need to make a purchase...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:58 am

I've played a couple hours so far and it's not too bad. There's some interesting items that you get and it still has the same hack n slash goodness of the main campaign.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:43 am

I completed it this weekend. Not bad. Seems like they're going the Mass effect route by not just having DLC to have but, but have DLC that really adds to the overall story they're trying to tell.

I know the main characters in DA 1 and 2 are linked somehow, but we won;t find out until DA3.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Yeah, I got all the DLC for DAO and they really added to the entire game. There were a couple to complete during the main campaign that added to the background and then there were 2 after the main campaign that helped to bridge the gap between DAO and DA2. If you haven't played those, I highly suggest them. Overall, I think the Dragon Age series has been one of my most favorite console RPG's. I know everyone is looking at.... SKYRIM!!!!!! ...but I really enjoy the hack n slash system that DA offers.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:16 pm

I enjoyed the gameplay from DA2. I love hack n slack top do games like Diablo and Boulders Gate and this seems like a good mesh between 3rd person and top down. I also enjoy the characters from DA2 (although I am not finished) and the story so far. What I don't like are the million friggin loadtimes! Every 3 seconds I swear I have to load again! It gets really annoying. Of course I can live with that but my biggest grip is with the dungeons, beaches, houses etc... They reuse environments! Really? The same cave with the exact same layout over and over again? I could live with that in a budget title but not from Bioware on a AAA title. There is really no excuse. SHITS WEAK. Really to bad because it really tarnishes what could have been an amazing experience. As it stands it really brings down the game over all and I feel cheated. I will finish the game but I am a bit disappointed.

You mention SKYRIM!!!. Games like this and SKYRIM!!! are completely different so it is hard to compare them. I am looking forward to DA3 and hope they fix some of the problems but right now SKYRIM!!! is #1 on my list. Over 150 hand crafted dungeons! Each one unique, now that is what I am talking about. DA is also a bit on rails for an RPG and I prefer the freedom of games like Fallout, Oblivion, etc...

Anyhow, they really are two different game types so it's not fair to compare them. I enjoy both but really found some glaring faults with DA2.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Oh I completely agree that they're completely different... really the only similarity is that they're RPGs. The problem that I had with Morrowind and Oblivion is that I became a hoarder... I spent all my time killing people, stealing their houses, and then accumulating random crap. It was fun for a while but I got away from working on character development and completing missions and just ended up drifting away from the games. If I get SKYRIM!!!, I'll have to avoid the hoarding tendency and really try to put the game thru its paces.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:57 am

I completed Legacy and was pleased by what I got for the price it cost. It will definitely be worth trying to play thru as other classes. My fighter went thru and was only stopped once at the end b/c I was showboating too much. I missed one item that I really would like to have gotten, but it's kind of moot until another DLC is dropped and there's more for my character to play.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I completed Legacy and was pleased by what I got for the price it cost. It will definitely be worth trying to play thru as other classes. My fighter went thru and was only stopped once at the end b/c I was showboating too much. I missed one item that I really would like to have gotten, but it's kind of moot until another DLC is dropped and there's more for my character to play.

Was that one item whatever was in the room with the torches you had to light? I was trying to go through it kinda quickly to get through it and I got everything but whatever was in that sarcophagus...I just didn't wanna take the time to figure out the puzzle...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:24 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote: The same cave with the exact same layout over and over again? I could live with that in a budget title but not from Bioware on a AAA title. There is really no excuse. SHITS WEAK. Really to bad because it really tarnishes what could have been an amazing experience. As it stands it really brings down the game over all and I feel cheated. I will finish the game but I am a bit disappointed.

My thoughts exactly - I'm glad I only rented DA2. I beat it as quick as I could and was done with it. The exact same cave layout is used a dozen times although sometimes with a different tunnel blocked or opened. Incredibly lazy coding IMO and took a lot away from my enjoyment. I still liked the story and cinematics and am looking forward to seeing how the Champion and Hero team up for DA3, but I sure hope they take time to make the game quality like DA:O.

Since I never bought DA2, I'll miss out on the DLC - I hope its good and not just an old cave reused once again.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:26 pm

S7 Jwriter wrote:Was that one item whatever was in the room with the torches you had to light? I was trying to go through it kinda quickly to get through it and I got everything but whatever was in that sarcophagus...I just didn't wanna take the time to figure out the puzzle...

No, I got that item... although I don't remember what it was. It was a pair of boots.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down