Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Level 20!

+16
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
S7 OC
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Coolhand
Air7Cav
S7 Panzer
Lickwid Apex
UWinWithWin
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Sticky
Evol Recovery
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Interseptor
20 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Level 20! - Page 8 Empty Re: Level 20!

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Yeah it's going to be awful, but I'm already finding the normal raid to be a bit too easy so I'm looking forward to it
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:40 pm

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:Yeah it's going to be awful, but I'm already finding the normal raid to be a bit too easy so I'm looking forward to it

Haha, well you've run it a million times now!  My next time will only be my 2nd run so I basically just do what I'm told.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah, normal raid is exceedingly easy when you have 6 people doing their jobs. I decided to go ahead and waste the shards to hit 29 today so I can attempt hard mode. Granted with no level 30, it's going to be rough.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:13 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I got to level 27. but also need a good primary (If I can rank up the New Monarchy, I'm going to buy one) and tons of shards. My problem is I have 3 sets of gear- one for Crucible, one for solo, and one for raids/strikes with a group. Then on top of that, I never get shards. I have lots of ascendant energy to rank up the weapons when I find them, but the armor is going to be a chore.

~mrmiller
I'm having the same problem (except all my weaps but my LMG are blues).  I've got solid armor but I've maxed it all out until I find some shards.  I haven't gotten any purple items (except Queens gear) or engrams and so far we've gotten to the Templar in the raid and I've gotten a total of 3 energy out of the raid.  If this keeps up I'll be stuck at lvl 27 forever or I'll have to take the route where I buy lefendary stuff and break it down to upgrade my gear.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:46 am

Breaking down legendaries bought from vendors has worked out well for me - what else am I going to do with all those vanguard marks?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:41 am

I haven't been all that lucky with drops so I think this weekend I'm going to work on getting at least one of my alts to level 20.  I don't recall it taking long so by the end of the weekend I should have at least one of them ready to go.

But if we get another raid group together I'd be more than happy to hop in on my main.  Still have most of the raid to do.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Ding 29!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Finally started to get some shards and be able to buy stuff to break down (hit Vanguard lvl 3) so I've picked 2 pts of light from armor upgrades (only 4 from lvl 28).  I also got a legendary scout rifle as a reward for hitting Vanguard lvl 3.  I look forward to leveling it up and being more effective in the raid.  Also was able to farm the mats I needed to upgrade my legendary machine gun so I'm finally moving in the right direction.  Only found one fusion rifle to break down towards my exotic bounty, so that's crawling along.  I used to get those things all the time, now nothing.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:20 pm

@puppet after you get all the fusion rifles u have to get 200 kills with another fusion rifle in a weekly nightfall mission.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Yesh, I was reading thru that online.  I'll probably be running this bounty for a long time.  Might bail out on it if I get offered something better.  I just wasn't interested in the other 2 weaps, especially now that I have my legendary machine gun maxed out.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:22 am

Ding 29 on my second character!!! Time for weekly double hard mode raid runs  Twisted Evil
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:13 pm

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:Ding 29 on my second character!!! Time for weekly double hard mode raid runs  Twisted Evil
Double hard mode? lol

I should hit 29 on my second character next weekend. Not playing him a whole lot, but getting there.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Hell yeah brah quadruple that raid gear doe #sniperelite
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:30 am

I just started leveling up my 2nd character for the same reasons but decided it would be more fun to run a new class so I started a Hunter.  I won't get the benefit of two drops for the same class but I will be able to share shards and fulfill more roles if needed in future raids. 

Related Note:  My original Warlock is fully leveled and sitting at 29 (3 light points shy of 30).  The only thing holding my back from 30 at this point is the Helmet I need from the Hard Raid.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:13 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:I just started leveling up my 2nd character for the same reasons but decided it would be more fun to run a new class so I started a Hunter.  I won't get the benefit of two drops for the same class but I will be able to share shards and fulfill more roles if needed in future raids. 

Related Note:  My original Warlock is fully leveled and sitting at 29 (3 light points shy of 30).  The only thing holding my back from 30 at this point is the Helmet I need from the Hard Raid.
Why don't you just get an exotic helmet?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:45 am

Deleted my Titan and made two more Hunters.  If anyone wants to join me for the leveling grind to 20 holler.

Dismantling the gear I had collected for Titan and Warlock has left me with an excess of shards, so that is really nice.  I was never going to give that class much time anyway, nor the Warlock.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 am

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:I just started leveling up my 2nd character for the same reasons but decided it would be more fun to run a new class so I started a Hunter.  I won't get the benefit of two drops for the same class but I will be able to share shards and fulfill more roles if needed in future raids. 

Warlocks have had only one chance to buy an exotic helm from Xur.  Also, I've spent 69 motes of light on the exotic helm engram only to get 3 off-class pieces.  I'm not sure many people knew at the time the helmet was being sold that the raid helmet was only attainable on the hard raid mode or more people most likely would have bought it when they had the chance.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:37 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
AtrumX wrote:

Warlocks have had only one chance to buy an exotic helm from Xur.  Also, I've spent 69 motes of light on the exotic helm engram only to get 3 off-class pieces.  I'm not sure many people knew at the time the helmet was being sold that the raid helmet was only attainable on the hard raid mode or more people most likely would have bought it when they had the chance.
That, but also I didn't like it.  I have the Sunbreaker's and I like them a lot.  Also, it looked stupid.  I have to look good right?  No sale.  And I am fine with 29 for now.  It will make the Helm drop in Hard that much more epic when it happens.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Wait, what pieces only drop in hard mode??
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:48 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Wait, what pieces only drop in hard mode??
The Helmet only drops in Hard mode.  Or so I'm told.

EDIT:  So if you have an exotic Helmet, you can reach 30 without going into Hard mode.  All other pieces can be found in Normal.  I have Exotic Gloves so I will have to get my final piece in Hard.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I wear an exotic chest but I happen to have an exotic helm sitting around too - I almost broke it down, but now I'm glad I held onto it.

I will be playing my alt hunter tonight.  Hit me up if you need my help finishing the raid boss, but if anyone wants to take my place I'll be happy to sit out.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 pm

I was lucky and "accidentally" bought the warlock helm from Xur because it was the first exotic piece I could get.  I've got it leveled and I think I'll be able to hit 30 with the legendary gloves, chest and boots I have, I just need some d@mn shards.  That being said, I just checked and I need 23 points of light to hit 30 and only have 8 armor upgrades left, so I'm guessing I'll end up 7 shy (if I get 2 light per upgrade).
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:07 pm

You can't hit 30 without raid gear.  Regular legendaries and an exotic will only get you to 29.  I have 2 regular, 1 raid, and an exotic and I'm still well short.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:12 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I was lucky and "accidentally" bought the warlock helm from Xur because it was the first exotic piece I could get.  I've got it leveled and I think I'll be able to hit 30 with the legendary gloves, chest and boots I have, I just need some d@mn shards.  That being said, I just checked and I need 23 points of light to hit 30 and only have 8 armor upgrades left, so I'm guessing I'll end up 7 shy (if I get 2 light per upgrade).
Yup, regular legendaries max at +27 light
Raid Gear and Exotics max at 30.

Level 30 costs 120 light

Legs + Chest + Arms + Helmet = 4

Math says you won't quite make it  Very Happy
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:01 am

Yeah, didn't realize that until after I posted and started doing the math.  All the more reason to do some raiding.   So, if I'm lucky I can get three different raid pieces over the next three weeks.  That, or try to get the group to run hard and possibly do it in 2.  Most likely it will take me forever to get three different pieces.  

I did get another legendary primary, a pulse rifle to go with my scout rifle, so that's good.  And I only need one shard to level one of my legendary pieces of armor and eke me into lvl 28.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next