Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playstation plus members win again

+4
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
Evol Recovery
8 posters

Go down

Playstation plus members win again Empty Playstation plus members win again

Post by Evol Recovery Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:01 pm

So at gamescom playstation has announced that playstation 4 owners who have playstation plus can play co op and multiplayer games together online even if you don't own the game.
It is supposed to be like we are sitting on the couch together and can "pass the controller" so if I own uncharted 4 and someone with playstation plus on my friends list wants to check it out we can play together and if I die I can pass the controller to the other player and let him have a try.
Once again Ty Sony for making me feel like my subscription isn't just me paying to play online. This is going to release with the system update 2.0. No word on when that will be.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Playstation plus members win again Empty Re: Playstation plus members win again

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 pm

That seems pretty awesome.  Will be interesting to see what conditions come along with such a system.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Awesome!  Sounds like what they are doing with Far Cry 4 too.  I love the innovation going on here.  Even if it's not for every game, it's gonna be cool for games that offer such a feature.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:24 pm

would not be shocked to see if it was like what MS tried to do with a limited amount of  game time  like a demo never know ...

myself i dont see them being able to allow a full game play for free with out some hidden surprise
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Well, I think the biggest "catch" as it were is that you have to be online together.  It's not like your friends are playing all your games for free all the time.  Just co-op together.  Basically, as long as the owner is online and playing, they can invite a friend to join them.  I suspect this will have few restrictions aside from some game just not being offered at all, but that is just a guess.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:07 pm

The playstation blog said it's going to be a feature that can be used as trading off the controller during single player or if the game offers split screen multiplayer you can both play at the same time. So far I haven't read anything on games that will be restricted.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Well, never want to be too fast to speak lol.  I just saw the Far Cry 4 co-op was limited so I guess we'll see how this goes.  In Far Cry you are given these keys that allow 2 hours of virtual co-op.  You get a total of 10 keys with each PS4 copy of the game.

EDIT: Now this is unrelated to the Share Play so I have no idea what the future hold for that.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:44 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Well, never want to be too fast to speak lol.  I just saw the Far Cry 4 co-op was limited so I guess we'll see how this goes.  In Far Cry you are given these keys that allow 2 hours of virtual co-op.  You get a total of 10 keys with each PS4 copy of the game.

EDIT: Now this is unrelated to the Share Play so I have no idea what the future hold for that.

This is pretty much how I thought it would end up.  It's still a pretty awesome idea, but in the end it's basically a way to give somebody that doesn't have the game a decent demo.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Lol seems just like what ms was trying to do with the xb1 but everybody threw a fit now its a plus and a win. Funny too that most of the people I know got a ps4 for the single play exclusives and the not having to pay to play online. Good for ps4 owners. I don't really care about apps tv sh1t or things like this on either systems just give me some good high budget games already

Last edited by S7 DROOPY on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Um, I am talking about Far Cry 4.  Far Cry 4 has co-op keys.  Not related to Share Play.  No detail have been released about Share Play or how it will work.  We will have to wait to see what they do but it should not be long.  Rumor is the update is due out this year.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:30 pm

This will be pretty interesting.  My guess it will be restricted in a similar fashion as the free PS+ games, where you can play them for free as long as you have PS+.  That and it sounds like you'll both have to be on at the same time but this could be fun with many quality SP games.  I used to do this kind of play with God of War 1 & 2, my wife and I would play till we die then pass the controller.  It would be interesting to see how your friends play different parts of games, like if Zak and I were playing Last of Us and I could see how he operates and vice versa and we could offer eachother tips and whatnot.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:25 am

Update:  More info has surfaced.  As I originally thought, there will be little if any restrictions with the share system.  Basically, you invite a friend to play a game and they can play the game as long as you are on playing it with them.  PlayShare will work kind of like a mini PS Now between two systems.  The games will be streamed between the two systems and pretty much any game will be available to share.  The only exceptions will be games that use the camera like Playroom.  This is also a PS4 feature so developers will not have to do anything to support the PlayShare feature.  It will just work.

Down sides or problems?  In my opinion there will be a few problems.  First will be internet connection speeds.  PSNow does not work very well for me due to my slow connection speeds.  I assume the same problem will exist here too.  I'm sure that will improve as they continuously upgrade the service but the Beta was pretty rough for me.

Also, it should be noted that while you are sharing a game, you can't do anything else.  So you can't share a game and play something else.

Now, assuming it works well, this is going to be very cool.

Link - http://kotaku.com/how-digital-game-sharing-on-the-ps4-will-work-1621424897
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:09 pm

It sounds great, but not sure how that would work without having the game on the harddrive.  Are internet speeds really quick enough to stream a graphically intense 1080p game?  And what if it is an online multiplayer?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:33 pm

All sounded pretty awesome until a Sony rep explained that Famitsu was incorrect.

Says Sony: "In Share Play, the visitor (the one who doesn't own the game) takes over the host (the one who owns the game)'s account, so the visitor cannot save their play data onto their own account."

Note that because SharePlay is basically the streaming of gameplay between 2 PS4s, it stands to reason that whoever is lending their game will basically be lending both their game AND their PS4. If your friend wants to borrow a game for an hour or so, it means you won't be able to use your PS4 during that time 
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Looks like more truth is coming out...

PS4's Upcoming Game Sharing Feature Limits You to 60 Minutes Per Session

The new Share Play feature in the PlayStation 4's forthcoming 2.0 system update sounded extremely exciting when it first announced earlier this week. However, there is a major restriction on how Share Play can be used: a 60-minute time limit.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Well, you obviously wouldn't be able to use your PS4 for anything else but playing the game with your friend so that part is not a surprise and exactly what I wrote about.  The time limit however is a little disappointing.  Apparently you are not limited in the number of times you can use it but it will not be very user-friendly to restart every hour of playing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:55 pm

@ Coolhand - The streaming limits are exactly what I am most worried about too.  For SP games, and a good connection it works well on PSNow so it should work here too.  MP games?  I have little faith it would be playable.  Input lag would just be too high.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:59 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Well, you obviously wouldn't be able to use your PS4 for anything else but playing the game with your friend so that part is not a surprise and exactly what I wrote about.  The time limit however is a little disappointing.  Apparently you are not limited in the number of times you can use it but it will not be very user-friendly to restart every hour of playing.

I'm reading it differently than you then.  What I'm taking out of it is if you are sharing your PS4 so your friend can play the game then you can't be doing anything on your PS4 since they've taken over your account to be able to play the game.  Also, another thing is if there's a 60 minute time limit and your friend can't save their progress then in reality it's just a 60 minute demo...unless you are constantly willing to have somebody access your PS4.  I can see the positives, but the restrictions seem pretty inconvenient.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:19 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Well, you obviously wouldn't be able to use your PS4 for anything else but playing the game with your friend so that part is not a surprise and exactly what I wrote about.  The time limit however is a little disappointing.  Apparently you are not limited in the number of times you can use it but it will not be very user-friendly to restart every hour of playing.

I'm reading it differently than you then.  What I'm taking out of it is if you are sharing your PS4 so your friend can play the game then you can't be doing anything on your PS4 since they've taken over your account to be able to play the game.  Also, another thing is if there's a 60 minute time limit and your friend can't save their progress then in reality it's just a 60 minute demo...unless you are constantly willing to have somebody access your PS4.  I can see the positives, but the restrictions seem pretty inconvenient.

Well originally billed as a Virtual couch co-op leads me to believe you can play with your friend so I don't think you are completely locked out of your console.  The original statement from Sony mentioned co-op several times.

"The best way to think about Share Play is like a "virtual couch". PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game—even when they don't own a copy of it. With this first-of-its-kind feature, you'll be able to play games with a friend just as if you were together in the same room. Let's say that with games… you'll be able to invite your friend online to play against the Miami Heat for the championship as the San Antonio Spurs in NBA2K, tackle the challenging Towerfall Ascension Quest Mode together, or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light's local co-op mode. 

With Share Play, you can even jump into a game to assist a friend. For example, if there is part of a game that you can't quite finish, you can invite a friend to take over your controls. Like handing over the controller to a friend on your couch, your screen will be shared as your friend gets through the part of the game that has been giving you trouble—can't get past that part in The Last of Us: Remastered when you're hanging upside down? Get a little help."

This would indicate to me you can use your console, but only in cooperation with your friend, not to do something else completely.  Maybe I'm wrong. 

Point #2 - The Save Data - You're right.  That kind of sucks and turns it into a bit of a demo.  On the flip side, I could still see using it since you would have the save data on the host console.  So long as you only play that save together you could pick up where you left off.  Not a big deal since you don't own the game and can only access it with your friend anyway.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:54 pm

Still gives you a decent chunk of time to demo a game while chatting with the game owner.  I still see it as a great way to get people who are on the fence to try and possibly buy games. 

That being said, so far if Zak and Kenny have suggested a game for the PS4, I have been completely in agreement that the games are worth buying so it might not be as big of a draw for me.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:30 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/16/6009033/playstation-4-share-play-is-only-available-in-60-minute-sessions
Yeah even though it is only 60min if they work the save ability right then ok 1hr game sessions not bad.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down