Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Beta Impressions

+5
S7 Coolhand
S7 KnightOwl
OneBadHuskerFan
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Destiny Beta Impressions Empty Destiny Beta Impressions

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:33 am

Here is your open thread to discuss any and all things Destiny (Beta).  Open for all formats.  If you get to play the Beta, post up about your experience here.  I'd love to hear from some of the Xbox guys once they get a chance to play.  Or anyone else that is just getting to play Destiny for the first time.  Thoughts?  Problems?  Bugs?  Lay it all out here.

Ready?  Go!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Destiny Beta Impressions Empty Re: Destiny Beta Impressions

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:00 pm

I think the level progression should be a decent pace.  It requires work but it isn't a grind to get moving along.  Most everything else is the same and just as awesome as it was in the beta, awesome!

The things I'm most curious about are how the MP games will play with character level figured in and what the sub classes will be like.  We'll supposedly be able to test out the first item but the later requires levels above the beta cap so we'll have to wait until later.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:24 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I think the level progression should be a decent pace.  It requires work but it isn't a grind to get moving along.  Most everything else is the same and just as awesome as it was in the beta, awesome!

The things I'm most curious about are how the MP games will play with character level figured in and what the sub classes will be like.  We'll supposedly be able to test out the first item but the later requires levels above the beta cap so we'll have to wait until later.

All the PvP stuff so far has been "normalized".  Meaning no matter the level the strength of the weapons/armor are all set to be equal.  Obviously that could change on the actual release but I'm not so sure I like that way of doing things.  If a player were to put tons of time into a game and had awesome gear they should be able to reap the benefits of that gear in both PvE and PvP.

Maybe they'll have something at a higher level that will allow for gear to actually matter.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:37 pm

There was a special event today for 2 hours that allowed all stats and gear to at full level for PvP. No equalization at all. I missed it cause I was at work but Kenny pwned. Pretty cool.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:44 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:There was a special event today for 2 hours that allowed all stats and gear to at full level for PvP. No equalization at all. I missed it cause I was at work but Kenny pwned. Pretty cool.

Interesting.  Definitely shows that they are working on some sort of system for that then.  They wouldn't just randomly throw that in in a beta.  Good stuff.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:There was a special event today for 2 hours that allowed all stats and gear to at full level for PvP. No equalization at all. I missed it cause I was at work but Kenny pwned. Pretty cool.

Interesting.  Definitely shows that they are working on some sort of system for that then.  They wouldn't just randomly throw that in in a beta.  Good stuff.
That's what I was interested in seeing, but I too was at work.  My guess would be that they'll have game modes that are normalized and those that aren't like most FPS have a standard difficulty and a hardcore difficultly.  Hopefully I'll get to play some more tomorrow.  This cold knocked me out tonight and I only woke up now because of a coughing fit.  Time for some codeine and then night night.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah, not sure if there will be a permant mode or just special events but it's still cool. From what I can tell in the Beta menues, all modes will be "normalized" by default. If this is true, I'm sure there will be regular events that change things up. This one was called Iron Banner and not only lifted restrictions but also offered special rewards.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:47 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Yeah, not sure if there will be a permant mode or just special events but it's still cool. From what I can tell in the Beta menues, all modes will be "normalized" by default. If this is true, I'm sure there will be regular events that change things up. This one was called Iron Banner and not only lifted restrictions but also offered special rewards.
Didn't it offer like special player emblems or items that will carry over into the full game when it releases?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Unclear. I know there were in game rewards like guns, armor, and special clothing.   Also, the event repeats today.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:17 pm

There's some big thing going on next Saturday at 2PM pacific time but unfortunately I'll be out of town most of the day and won't be around to reap the rewards that Bungie says they'll be giving out for being signed in on the beta at that time.  Bummer.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:11 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:There's some big thing going on next Saturday at 2PM pacific time but unfortunately I'll be out of town most of the day and won't be around to reap the rewards that Bungie says they'll be giving out for being signed in on the beta at that time.  Bummer.
They did the same for the PS4.  I'm pretty sure that's the event Zak was talking about in the MP.  Also, does the PS4 beta end today or next Sunday?  Tried looking online and only saw 7/27, but I think that's for XB1.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:55 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:There's some big thing going on next Saturday at 2PM pacific time but unfortunately I'll be out of town most of the day and won't be around to reap the rewards that Bungie says they'll be giving out for being signed in on the beta at that time.  Bummer.
They did the same for the PS4.  I'm pretty sure that's the event Zak was talking about in the MP.  Also, does the PS4 beta end today or next Sunday?  Tried looking online and only saw 7/27, but I think that's for XB1.

It will be offline tomorrow and Tuesday for everybody.  Then back online the 23rd for the PS4 and Xbox One and they both end on the 27th.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:40 am

Good to know.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:39 am

Got to play in the Iron Banner event last night. Good stuff. I got my ass kicked for the most part but that was a good learning experience and I had a ton of fun.

Also, I am really excited for my Xbox brothers to get their hands on the Beta in a few days. I can't wait to see what you guys think.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:17 pm

Just FYI the beta starts at 10AM Pacific tomorrow for anybody wondering when it starts.  I'll probably start the download on my lunch break tomorrow (always go home for lunch) and get to some playing tomorrow night!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:32 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Just FYI the beta starts at 10AM Pacific tomorrow for anybody wondering when it starts.  I'll probably start the download on my lunch break tomorrow (always go home for lunch) and get to some playing tomorrow night!

Be warned.  If it is anything like the PS download, the initial DL is small and quite fast (like 15 mins).  Then you have to launch the beta and have a 11gb file to DL in-game.  Be sure to check it and set the large file to DL before you head back to work.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:33 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Just FYI the beta starts at 10AM Pacific tomorrow for anybody wondering when it starts.  I'll probably start the download on my lunch break tomorrow (always go home for lunch) and get to some playing tomorrow night!

Be warned.  If it is anything like the PS download, the initial DL is small and quite fast (like 15 mins).  Then you have to launch the beta and have a 11gb file to DL in-game.  Be sure to check it and set the large file to DL before you head back to work.

Will do.  Thanks for the heads up.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:12 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

Will do.  Thanks for the heads up.
Learn from my mistakes young padawan.  I set my file to DL and thought I would be in good shape.  Imagine my disappointment to come home from work and find that I did not really start the DL.  Sad day indeed.  My internet is so crappy I did not actually expect it to be done but I was hoping for a few hours head start.  As it turned out, I did not get to play the first night. Crying or Very sad
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Interestingly I checked Bungie.net and they just added the actual beta codes to my code page.  Will use one when I get home in about 30 minutes and see if they've started early or if they are just handing them out pre-beta launch.  Weird.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:50 am

I don't really know what to say other than I dig the hell out of this game.  It's what I expected and more and can't wait until the game launches to see when it really opens up at level 15 and beyond.  I don't think I'm going to be interested in Crucible much, if at all.  Maybe if we get clan nights going or something but not solo.  I can see some fun nights to be had in PvE with strikes and raids though!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:42 am

I'm at 66% I'm going to bed see you guys tomorrow.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:08 am

It took just over an hour for me to download.  Took a nap while it did.  I love this game.  Ran into an issue with chat - partied up with Sticky, but had to leave the party chat app snapped or I couldn't hear him.  Game chat wasn't working for me either to hear him.  He could hear me fine the whole time though.  He also had to leave his snapped or, again, I couldn't hear him.  Weird issue.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:16 am

There's probably going to be some bugs like that unique to XB1, but it's great that you guys are getting to experience the awesomeness that is Destiny.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:07 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:There's probably going to be some bugs like that unique to XB1, but it's great that you guys are getting to experience the awesomeness that is Destiny.
Yep.  That is what a Beta is for.  Gotta work out those bugs.  Still, really excited for you guys.

Back on the old PS4, We have found all 5 golden chests, the Knight guarding the chest and the Ogre.  Good Stuff.  And I am really close to having a complete set of bad ass armor.  Working on the high level gear now to get ready for the Iron Banner Event, assuming it comes back.

EDIT:  Also, one thing that is pretty cool is your character continues to level even after you hit the lvl cap.  The Abilities continue to upgrade and unlock so keep pushing to get the best possible character.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 am

after playing a till 1am  with coolhand last night i must say  
it feel like any other MMO  

which is both good and bad  

had a blast playing the story so far its good  co op was easy to get going and roll in party mode..

cant wait to see how end game will play out that will tell us if it will last or not

i know the xb1 beta is only running 720p  and the full retail version will be 1080p   but even at 720p the game looks really well done
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next