Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

+7
Atrum
S7 Magus
S7 Panzer
S7 OC
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Interseptor
DeadSockPuppet
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What system are you getting it for?

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap67%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap16%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 Empty Re: Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:38 pm

I knew the CQB uses of bricks and I've thrown bottles to collect clickers and then hit them with molotovs.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 4 Empty Re: Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Played for like an hour and a half last night and tried out some of those tricks.  Gotta say I love clocking a runner with a brick from long range and then being able to come running in and pummel them to death with a melee weap or my fists. 

Ended up getting thru the Capitol and had a tough go on the exit.  No issues working thru the soldiers to start but I made a mistake on the exit and ended up burning a lot of supplies to get out alive.  I thought about dying and restarting but I wasn't sure where I'd reload from and I didn't want to have to take the time again to methodically move thru the first group of soldiers.  

I'll have to be more careful in the future.  I can see that this game won't be like AC games that require you to use stealth all the time.  However, the game will punish your supplies if you don't.  From what I hear, that's something you can't afford to do in the harder difficulties.  

On a side note, does this game have boss battles (just a yes or no, no spoilers please)?  I almost think it would take away from the ambiance to have boss battles and would prefer that it doesn't.  I could see more difficult puzzles and larger groups to test you as your characters progress but I think breaks for bosses wouldn't make sense I this type of story, IMO.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:38 pm

No real boss fights but there are a few mini-boss type fights. Like more powerful enemies that come along at certain parts of the story that require a little extra to take down.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:58 pm

That's good to hear.  I don't think bosses would kill he game, but I think the writing, voice acting, and everything else are strong enough that the game doesn't need bosses to move it along.  The struggle of Joel and Ellie does a great job of keeping me interested and coming back for more.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:52 am

I rocked out TLoU all day Sunday and made a ton of progress.  Halfway through Winter at this point and probably more than half way finished if I remember correctly.  It was good progress if I want to Platinum it but I'm not sure I will due to Destiny launching in a month.  I figure at least 2 more playthroughs and a good bit of MP will be required so we'll see.

To those of you who have not made it there... Winter is coming!  And it's pretty freakin EPIC!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Probably going to put in a couple more hours tonight.  I've got a ways to go and I want to get thru at least 1 playthru before Destiny drops.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:48 am

Dang....Gig Friday Night....Grand-kids all weekend.  I need to play some catch up!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:56 am

Yeah you do!  I will be finishing up my first playthrough tonight if all goes well.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Got thru the ambush last night and I had to stop.  That was definitely a challenge of my skills.  Won't say any more, but it was pretty fun.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Got thru the ambush last night and I had to stop.  That was definitely a challenge of my skills.  Won't say any more, but it was pretty fun.
Yeah, I love that scene.  The rest of the city is pretty challenging too but the next section is one of my favorites.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:52 pm

Looking forward to whatever this game brings.  I had a shot with the bow where I hit a guy in the side of the head during the ambush and it seems as though his head exploded.  Very cool weapon but it would be sweet to be able to upgrade the arrows to either fire or explosive tip.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:07 am

Finished my play through of both the main campaign and the left behind expansion. I give this game a 11/10 and the dlc a 9/10. Only beef with the dlc was it was short. But all in all this game was def worth the money and time put into it. I am officially a naughty dog fan boy. Now it's time to play some factions.
Also I read that it is best to connect to Facebook when you play factions especially if you want to platinum in the game.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 am

Finished my first playthrough on Survival last night too.  I started the Left Behind expansion but did not finish it yet.  After I finish Left Behind, I still need to do Survivor +, Factions MP and potentially a 3rd playthrough to get all the odds and ends I missed.  Still not sure I will platinum this but I'm off to a good start.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:27 am

Evol, speaking of Facebook...  I logged in to my gaming account and didn't see anything from Left Behind yet.  I wonder what it's going to post?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:45 pm

I know what it posts. I logged in for factions mp so you will have to let me in on that Facebook account and we. An build our clan. I picked the hunter faction.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Will linking our Facebook accounts help us grow our faction faster?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:12 am

Yes I think so. I played three games and I am at 15 members in my clan. And from what I understand you have to play on a daily basis and get food and supplies so those faction members don't die and stay healthy. I actually really enjoyed what I played of it today. Lots of teamwork and it is really rewarding when you just start owning the other team.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:25 am

That's cool. I have been wanting to play the MP and I will be on tonight if anyone wants to team up.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 pm

I'll probably be on at some point but I'll be playing SP if I am.  I want to finish my first playthru since I haven't played the game before.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:41 am

Between last night and tonight I got into Fall and stopped when I got to the University, which means I should have about 1/3 of the main story left (not including DLC).  

I think the part I played tonight (Escape the City thru Ranch House) has been the part I've liked the best.  I can't exactly put my finger on what it is exactly but it was just a great piece of story and gameplay.  I can only hope that the last 1/3 finishes strong.  I know this game has tons of awards and is probably THE game from the PS3, I just don't want to be let down.  

That being said, I have a feeling that things are gonna pick up real quick and that I'm in for one hell of a finish.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 am

Fall is good, Winter is OP and the game is good all the way to the finish.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:48 am

Played a little over the weekend.....In Pittsburgh now.  I had a hard time when we got the truck....pushing it to the hill.  Then found out that all I had to do is jump in the back of the truck!  Fun stuff....great game!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:35 pm

Charles, the game really started picking up from about that point for me.  Not that it wasn't a fantastic game up to that point, but it really starts to get even better from there.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:21 am

Into the home stretch now.  Just got into Cabin Resort before calling it a night.  Lemmie say, the section right before that was probably my favorite so far.  Those that have already played it can probably guess what was so OP, I just don't want to spoil anything for those that are still playing it for the first time like me.  Can't wait to finish up these last 5 sections and see how the main story ties up.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 pm

I will be playing Factions until 9:45pm est when hardknocks comes on if anyone wants to join me

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next