Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

+7
Atrum
S7 Magus
S7 Panzer
S7 OC
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Interseptor
DeadSockPuppet
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What system are you getting it for?

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_lcap17%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_lcap67%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_lcap0%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_lcap16%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? Empty Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:45 pm

I know it's kinda early, but I thought I'd throw this out there to see who might be getting it.  I know a couple of us have been chatting it up but I'm curious who else will probably be getting in on this action.  I was checking various sources for pre-order info and it looks like everyone is offering the Survival Pack which offers the following stuff:

Survival Pack:

• 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
  • Bonus Joel Skin for use in the Single Player Campaign (must complete the game once to equip)
  • Bonus Ellie Skin for use in the Single Player Campaign (must complete the game once to equip)
  • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign

The best option seems to be digital DL from PSN, because you get he same bonus content and you get the game at 12:01 AM.  Most places are printing the DLC bonus code on the receipt or emailing it within 2 days of start (no info on how PSN is doing it).
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? Empty Re: Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm pretty sure the release date is 7/29/14.  PSN hasn't updated theirs since the date was released (says 12/31/14) but the rest of the sites seem to agree on the July date.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? Empty Re: Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:41 pm

LOL! Gotta love the poll for the 6 of us. Anyway, I am getting it for the PS4. Also, I don't think the remastered edition will be released for the PS3. And I don't care about the pre-order bonus. I don't want faster crafting or healing or more ammo. I want the extreme mode. I already played it on normal, this time will be hardcore. 

I will say that you only get like 7 bullets to carry in normal so it might be helpful for a first timer but part of the fun of the game is the limited supplies. You have to really think about every encounter.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Sure 'nuf, that was just the original I saw on Amazon.  I'll have to update the post when I'm on my computer next, can't seem to change the poll on my phone.  Meh, whatever!  Game's gonna be epic!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:30 am

Well....there's 7 now.  I should have some extra cash coming in and might pick up a PS4.....wife is gonna b1tch but Hey.....I'll get her some shoes or jewelry!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 am

Lol. Nice Charles.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:16 am

Why can't it come to PC  Sad .

I had a friend who had a PS3 and one day I decided      Last of Us > Classes 
and finished it in one day lol.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:35 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Why can't it come to PC  Sad .

I had a friend who had a PS3 and one day I decided      Last of Us > Classes 
and finished it in one day lol.
That's pretty impressive. Even rushing through it's not a terribly short game. Any idea how long it took?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:37 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Well....there's 7 now.  I should have some extra cash coming in and might pick up a PS4.....wife is gonna b1tch but Hey.....I'll get her some shoes or jewelry!
Oh sh1t! That's awesome news. I've missed playing with ya Charles. Let me know if you pull the trigger.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Well....there's 7 now.  I should have some extra cash coming in and might pick up a PS4.....wife is gonna b1tch but Hey.....I'll get her some shoes or jewelry!
Oh sh1t! That's awesome news. I've missed playing with ya Charles. Let me know if you pull the trigger.
Definitely this!  It will be nice to have another bro to game with.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:56 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:

It was about an average single player game about 8-9 hours.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Wow. I think it took me about 20 hours to complete. Granted I wasn't rushed and I looked around a good bit but still.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 pm

OK ZAK....you know me better than anyone.  Convince me I need to pick up a PS4
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Magus Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:54 pm

I will definately be picking this game up. Oh yeah. PS4. Come to the Dark side
S7 Magus
S7 Magus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:00 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:OK ZAK....you know me better than anyone.  Convince me I need to pick up a PS4
 Last of Us Remastered, The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, lots of exclusive content that other platforms don't get (drops the mic and walks off)
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:24 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Uncle Charles wrote:OK ZAK....you know me better than anyone.  Convince me I need to pick up a PS4
 Last of Us Remastered, The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, lots of exclusive content that other platforms don't get (drops the mic and walks off)
Basically this ^.  Great exclusive franchises, great peeps to play with, tons of FREE games to play and great tech like Day 1 Digital and Playstation Now.  I'll give you a call and talk further.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Is this just a remake of Last of Us? As you guys know I'm waiting to pull the trigger on my PS4 - but come on. That's like saying the XBO is a must buy because they're remastering the Halo games...

The Order: 1886 looks pretty cool though. Is Uncharted 4 one of those where I miss out on a lot by not playing previous games? Or is it just little things?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:47 pm

AtrumX wrote:Is this just a remake of Last of Us? As you guys know I'm waiting to pull the trigger on my PS4 - but come on. That's like saying the XBO is a must buy because they're remastering the Halo games...

The Order: 1886 looks pretty cool though. Is Uncharted 4 one of those where I miss out on a lot by not playing previous games? Or is it just little things?

The Last of Us is just a remake of the PS3 title...  But does that matter if you never played the original?  I would argue that the Halo collection makes the X1 almost a must buy if you never played Halo either.  The Last of Us Remastered also includes all the DLC and looks freakin amazing.   It is a masterpiece and one of the best single player games I have ever played.  It's worth playing and the remastered edition will be the definitive edition to own.  If you are already thinking of buying a PS4, and haven't played it, it is definitely a big reason to consider pulling the trigger.  (I've already bought it, currently own it, played it all the way through, and I'm willing to shell out $60 again).

Uncharted is the definitive 3rd person action adventure series to which all others are held.  Did you like the new Tomb Raider?  You can thank Uncharted for that.  They basically tried to clone Uncharted and did a pretty good job too.  Uncharted plays a lot like the new Tomb Raider and it's the Indiana Jones game we always wanted.  The levels of polish are unrivaled.  All three titles to date are amazing but you don't necessarily need to play the others.  They are all stand alone stories but the characters have history with each other so it's nice to have played the others.

What makes Uncharted and Last of Us stand out above the rest is the voice acting/writing/acting.  Both are produced by Naughty Dog and their games are just on another level.  For instance, there are no CGI cut scenes.  Every scene is acted out on a green screen with MoCap.  The voice acting is captured then too so you get a connection to the characters and movements that are just better than anything else out there.

I know I sound a like a fanboy when it come to ND games but that's cause I am.  You need to play one to see for yourself.  Much deserved IMO.

(bit of a Bungie fanboy too, also well deserved)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Nah, not fanboy-ish. If a games good, it's good. I'll be crazy busy with my new job until August but once things calm down a bit I'll definitely take another look then.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:56 pm

I didn't have a PS3 so I'm geeked about Last of Us because I haven't played it, so to me it's an all new game.  I'm in the same boat with  U4, from what I hear the series is epic and I'm willing to play it before (and possibly without) playing 1-3.  I jumped into AC4 and loved it and I'm hoping to do the same with U4.  Everything I see for the game makes me drool and want to send all my monies to NaughtyDog.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:03 pm

Just read thru the Wikipedia entry to get some background info and I really can't wait for this game.  Everything I read tells me it should be epic.  

GameRankings and Metacritic each listed the game with a average ranking of 95/100 over 67 and 98 reviews respectively and both listed the game in the all time top 5 PS3 games with the likes of GTA IV, GTA V, Uncharted 2, and Red Dead Resemption.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 am

Just picked it up Saturday.....I must say....I am impressed even though I only played a couple hours
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? IMG_20140621_151726836
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Very pretty stash UC.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:01 pm

The Last of Us Remastered has gone Gold.  Get ready people!  July 29th!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Just bought the ps3 version for 10 bucks, played about 3 hours and so far the game is pretty badass a little slow at first but it seems to have a lot of potential
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next