Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

+7
Atrum
S7 Magus
S7 Panzer
S7 OC
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Interseptor
DeadSockPuppet
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What system are you getting it for?

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap67%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap16%Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 Empty Re: Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Finished the game yesterday.  Overall the game is bad ass I was a little disappointed by how parts of the ending are done. But it's a great game I can only imagine how awesome the remastered ed is because it was wicked cool looking on the ps3. I give it a 9 out of ten overall.  Story 8.5 graphics 10, controls 8, characters and voice acting 10. The game had a great system for overall how to play total stealth vs half ass stealh vs no stealth which was really tough sometimes. The rpg part of the game was weak but the delivery of the story and intense need to survive was the best part, brings back resident evil memories.  you haven't played this game go play it. One tip watch your step when your in stealh mode!
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it? - Page 3 Empty Re: Last of Us Remastered - Who's getting it?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:30 am

Sadly, I'm guessing the Day 1 Digital will be available at 12:01 am PDT, which blows for those of us in EDT.  I never understood why they don't do staggered releases by time, but whatever.  Going to sleep and hopefully it will have downloaded for me and that I'll gets chance to play before work.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:50 am

Just wanted to let everyone know I had to download a system update and start the game download myself.  I'm guessing the game didn't start downloading because of the system update.  Thought I'd give you a heads up.  Downloading the game now.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am

I was just about to post the same thing puppet. Started the DL this morning manually. Should be good to go this afternoon regardless. Also, I chose to DL the SP first. I hope I don't have to DL the MP later. We'll see.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:34 am

I chose the same option.  I thought it said you'd be able to play SP while it was DLing the MP.  It took about an hour to DL whatever components it downloaded, hopefully that was the whole game.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:52 am

I just hope it DL's automatically once the SP is done.  I may go check on it later today.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Sadly, I won't get to play anytime soon, maybe sometime this weekend but even that's doubtful since I have out of town family visiting.  Kiddo is fighting her nap and I have to troubleshoot the new wireless network on my laptop.  The security settings are too high for my 4 yr old laptop so I've gotta call Comcast to fix that then it will be off to work.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:57 am

Did end up getting to play for like 30-40 minutes before going to work and I am not disappointed.  I haven't gotten too far but this is a really sweet game and it's moving at a good pace.  I like how the tutorials don't require you to do them and the controls seem like most other games so I found myself hitting what turned out to be the right buttons for many actions before the game "taught" them to me.  

So far, my only complaint is that at times the movement through the environment feels as though you're trying to move through molasses.  I know it's because the game tends towards a more stealthful play through, but I want to be able to run around like an idiot and if that gets me killed it gets me killed.  Other than that, I'm definitely happy with my purchase.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 am

Most depressing game ever

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:26 am

One of the shoulder buttons is run I think its r2
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 am

I got to play for a few hours yesterday and got sucked right in again.  Good stuff and I can't wait till I get to the new Story DLC, I never got to play that so I am pretty excited to play it.  THe game recommends you finish the main story first so that is what I am going to do.

Side note:  Since I played it before, I decided to start the new game on "Survival" difficulty.  So far it's quite difficult as there are no supplies anywhere.  Like 1 out of 10 spots has parts/materials.  I can already tell some of the encounters are gonna take some creative thinking.  I can't imagine how hard "Grounded" difficulty is gonna be for some encounters.

@ Puppet - There is a run button as Droopy said.  I think it's L1 if I am remembering correctly (possibly R1).
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 am

Update: I just looked at the trophy list and I think I might try to 'Platinum' my first game with this.  I like to well enough I can easily play through it a few times so...  I'll let you guys know if I manage it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:03 pm

I did notice/use the run button but to me it still feels like you're running or walking in sand at times.  That being said, I understan the effect they're trying to produce and I still love what I've seen so far.  Just a minor issue that I'll easily forget.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:29 pm

I am playing it on hard and I can only imagine what grounded is like. I have found hardly any crafting supplies and I am almost to the capital building

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:49 pm

Evol Recovery wrote:I am playing it on hard and I  can only imagine what grounded is like.  I have found hardly any crafting supplies and I am almost to the capital building
Same here.  And I used all my shivs on that d@mn clicker room!  I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do with the next clicker I find.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:26 pm

I managed to use 2 shivs and got one with a brick and the last 2 with the Molotov. I feel bad for the Xbox folks missing out on this game.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:07 pm

I still have my Molotov, so there's that.  You can get them with a brick?

@ Evol, PM sent
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:59 pm

With the brick in your hand, if you sneak up on them he will get a couple hits in with the brick.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:02 pm

Update: I just hit the first run in with the military at the capital building. First complaint about the game is this, how in the hell does Ellie just run around the corner and the guards are looking right at her and it draws zero attention to them lol. I reload and they are like, da fuq was that??

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:35 pm

UPDATE:  So far I have managed most of what the game has thrown at me and I am getting pretty good at "winging it" with little to no supplies, with one exception.  The friggen Bloater mini-boss type fight (no spoilers - don't worry).  I had completely forgotten about that in the levels leading up to it and I had a hell of a time beating him.  I wasted most my powerful stuff earlier (I would have saved something if I remembered).  I had 3 shotgun shells, 3 revolver shells and 6 pistol shells... that's it.  No bombs, not molotovs, nothing.  Not even health and I was about half health at the start of the fight.  I did learn something though...

Pro Tip:  When you are completely out of supplies, friendly AI will offer ammo/health but it is not consistent.  I did notice you usually get ammo for what ever gun you have equipped.  Also, enemies seem more likely to drop ammo if you are low/out of ammo.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Those pro tips should be pretty helpful for a TLoU noob like me.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Remember to shoot/ throw a brick at the fire extinguishers and small propane tanks
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:58 pm

One can throw the bricks?  I always use them in melee to smash skulls.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:20 pm

Yep throw brick or bottles at people . Stuns them then you can run up to them and strangle them or if they are a clicker beat them down with your melee weapon
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Solid tip. Especially with bottles cause they are useless except for stunning and distractions. i.e. Throw one in the corner to distract the clicker/runner/soldier. Bricks on the other hand are more versatile. Bricks can stun and distract just like bottles but they also can kill when equipped CQC melee. 

I like the stun option for closing the distance on a Soldier with a gun too. Especially when I am out of bullets, which on Suvivor mode I always am.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next