Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter is coming

+12
S7 Panzer
S7 SecurityGuy
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Sticky
S7 COOP
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
S7 K1ll3rKlown
The JDG
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
Evol Recovery
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Winter is coming - Page 3 Empty Re: Winter is coming

Post by S7 COOP Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:01 am

S7 Panzer wrote:
S7 Panzer wrote:Before looking into this spoiler, if you are interested I would suggest letting the season 4 finish first. For all i know depending on how HBO plays it all the information in this spoiler might be given to use the viewers in the next episode, or sometime this season. As someone that has read the books I can't give my own opinion or comment on your theories as I have already been tainted by the masterpiece that is R.R Martin's mind. 

Yep I agree, it is there for anyone interested in receiving a safe spoiler pertaining only to facts leading up to and during the wedding as trying to search for the answer like Klown said might lead to spoiling more then intended. It is also something you can use as a comparison as its always interesting to see how close your own personal theories are to R.R. Martins plot. Honestly that post was mostly for the the GOT book readers to point out details they might have missed.

agreed
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:39 pm

So, as expected we got some more information and some new clues (and some red herrings too).  How have things shifted?  Well, first off the Tyrell's look to be comfortable with their position despite the lack of 'consummation'.  Old lady Tyrell seems confident that both houses still need each other, financially if nothing else.  This means that she could have poisoned the King, counting on her family’s wealth and current status to carry them.  Old Lady Tyrell even seems to think that Margery will now marry the younger brother Tommen.  Knowing this means that she could have planned the assassination after all, to save her daughter from a terribly abusive marriage.

We also hear more from the Price of Dorn.  Who apparently is well versed in poisons.  This makes his involvement more suspicious despite already threatening to kill every Lanister in King’s Landing.  Personally I think this is more of a Red Herring.  Too obvious?

And the biggest hint of the evening was Littlefinger’s involvement.  He comes off having planned the whole thing but I think this is a bit of a Red Herring too.  No doubt he had advanced knowledge of the event and definitely had something to do with it but Littlefinger doesn’t strike me as the openly brazen assassin.  I think it’s much more likely that he knew what was happening and maneuvered some pieces to help him take advantage of the situation to his benefit.     

My current theory is that Old Lady Tyrell was the master mind.  Littlefinger, Sansa and the Fool were her pawns.  Tyrion was the unlucky, convenient scapegoat.

Speaking of… Who is actively trying to frame Tyrion?  Whoever it was, had specific knowledge of what poison was used.  That means they work directly for the person/persons responsible.  This seems to be a dangerous game that could lead to the real conspirators being exposed.  Sloppy move.  Especially as it looks as if Tyrion was going to take the fall regardless.  

Also, Just when you thought you might start liking Jamie… D@MN!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:20 pm

lol yup I am thinking less that it was the Dorn and more lady tyrell. Little finger may have been involved but only to get Sansa out as ordered from lady tyrell maybe. She seems to have a soft spot for Sansa.

Last edited by S7 OC on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Already a fantastic season and there's probably what, another 2-3 episodes before they go on break for another 18 months?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 am

Actually, they'll get to 10 episodes. I've read the books, so I'm holding my tongue. But I do like the way the series is representing the books, even with certain differences. I also like everyone's theories on who's behind it. I do feel for Tyrion though...that dude just can't catch a break.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Already a fantastic season and there's probably what, another 2-3 episodes before they go on break for another 18 months?

Yeah, we are on episode 3 of 10 so we still get 7 more.  Yeah!  The bad news?  We only get 7 more and it's gone for another year Crying or Very sad
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 am

Preface: Haven't read the books up to this point.

@ Zak, haven't you considered Tywin as the killer? Got rid of the crazy kid who wouldn't listen, places the malleable/well-behaved child on the throne. Side bonus; he gets to blame the son who killed his wife that he hates.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:14 am

AtrumX wrote:Preface: Haven't read the books up to this point.

@ Zak, haven't you considered Tywin as the killer? Got rid of the crazy kid who wouldn't listen, places the malleable/well-behaved child on the throne. Side bonus; he gets to blame the son who killed his wife that he hates.

That is a solid theory too.  Unlike Cerci, I could definitely see Tywin doing this and he is probably the best manipulator in all of Westerous.  Perhaps there is just too much misdirection going on but I am just not feeling it right now.  I'll have to keep an eye on him going forward.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 am

Yeah Kaiti was thinking it was the Tyrell's, especially with her "It's terrible to kill someone at their wedding" line. Tywin just fit the bill for me though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:23 am

Also, as the title of the thread suggests... Is Winter ever actually coming?  I mean we are nearly 3 1/2 seasons in and still no Winter to speak of.  Winter is slackin!  I know the seasons last for years at a time but seriously?  Time to get a move on!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 pm

What if it was Brienne of Tarth ????  or maybe one of the doves crapped in his cup as it flew away and it was so toxic (nectar from the gods) it killed him...all that white crap coming out of his mouth, lol...jk
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Let's do this!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:16 am

Shocked Very interesting to know who it was, pretty much in line with what I thought.
They should call her the "king slayer" this chick is like the black widow for real! Time to move in on the little boy now, since he'll be king next...and probably dead soon after LOL. I was laughing when she crept into the room...Can you imagine what was on his little mind? LOL Wet dream last night for sure!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:37 am

My favorite part of the episode "We'll be the King Slayer brothers. Doesn't that sound great?" lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Yeah, overall a really good episode.  It’s nice to start seeing what directions people are headed as the dust starts to settle from the events of the opening of the season.  First off, we got some resolution on the Joffrey murder.  Danny took yet another slave city (and showed a little of her darker side too).  Brienne got some sweet gear and a new mission and we got some great scenes with Jamie/Bronn/Tyrion/Cersei.  Oh and baby White Walkers too!

I am still not sold on the Caster mutineers being so important to kill for the sake of the safety of Castle Black.  Revenge?  OK, I get that.  But worrying that Mance Raider will find out you only have a hundred guys guarding the wall as opposed to a thousand is pointless if he has an army of 100,000?  And then to take a group of those guys north of the wall would further deplete the small force even more.

And on top of all that, the Craster farm is like one little house in the middle of nowhere.  Why would he even go there?  Well, the answer seems to be that you can’t actually go north without going through the Caster farm.  Cause, WTF is Bran and company doing there?  They just happened to be camped like 200 yards away?  The north must be a smaller than I imagined.  Well, either way it’s a good thing Jon is headed up there and regardless of how farfetched it is, there should be some good stuff to come out of all this Craster stuff.  Mutineers, cripples, simpletons, two direwolves, a murderous spy, revenge, reunion, Wards, White Walkers and Wildlings.  Should be good times.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:34 pm

It's nice to see how things are coming together.  After listening to all the theories you guys put up this was the one I was leaning towards.  Should fun to see what happens next.  

I'm curious to see how Brienne fits into things.  She's a knight with no liege lord and she's loaded up with some sweet gear and a solid squire.

EDIT: Anyone think Margorie gives up the old lady to curry favor with Cersei and the Lannisters?  While it would show disloyalty to her own family it would show loyalty to the king, crown, kingdom, and Lannisters. That would be a big debt to repay.  The only reason why I bring it up is because she seemed horrified and shocked that the old lady had a hand in her husband's demise.  Just throwing that out there.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:48 am

Do any of you remember from I think season 2 when ygritte tells this story of the history of the nights watch. 
And the night king. Was the sort of  crowned white walker at the 
end who turned the baby into a white walker the night king?

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:29 am

S7 OC wrote:Do any of you remember from I think season 2 when ygritte tells this story of the history of the nights watch. 

Nice catch, Kev.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:55 am

missed that somehow OC...nice!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:18 am

S7 OC wrote:Do any of you remember from I think season 2 when ygritte tells this story of the history of the nights watch. 
Very cool but I am pretty sure this never aired on TV.  At least not in an episode.  Perhaps it is a stand alone companion to Season 2?  Direct to the internet or airing before/after an episode?  I watch on HBOgo so maybe I missed it somehow.  Anyone know for sure?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 am

Oh maybe I thought it was during an episode. Maybe I saw it some were else but I saw it a long time ago just happen to remember it and looked it up.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:56 am

I did a little research and they are from the Blu-Ray editions of GoT.  Extras if you will.  Here is another I found -

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 am

Oh ok I don't have any of those but glad it wasn't something that I might have straight up spoiled. On a side note if you want more info on the night king search it up but sort of spoilerish stuff so I won't post it.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 am

Yeah, the animated shorts are a history of Westerous so no real spoilers there.  And now that I have looked, there are a bunch of them.  House Stark, House Targarian, House Lanister, House Arryn, House Barathian, Beginning of the Seven Kingdoms, Greyjoy Rebellion, Sack of Kings Landing - Barathian etc...  The more I look the more I find.  I won't bother posting all of them but take a look on youtube if you are interested.  I think I searched Game of Thrones Animated Shorts
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:45 pm

I'll be checking this stuff out, I bought all the seasons in blue-ray to start from the beginning. I'm caught up now, this show is really good.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next