Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassins Creed Black Flag

+7
S7 Interseptor
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Panzer
S7 Coolhand
Atrum
Xpert2010
S7 Uncle Charles
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Assassins Creed Black Flag - Page 2 Empty Re: Assassins Creed Black Flag

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:04 pm

I figured out how to take down the treasure convoys and have since made many upgrades to my ship so that I now hunt Man-o-war ships.  Spend usually the first 30-45 min I'm on clearing trade routes and then sending my ships out on trade runs.  This really is a great game.  When you look at it, though, it's really two great games because the AC aspect is a great stand alone and the pirating part is a great stand alone.

Also, I came across one of the ghost ships and found out the hard way that you have to be almost fully upgraded to take them on.  Tried many approaches and usually couldn't get the ghost ship to 25% damaged before I was sunk.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:33 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
Also, I came across one of the ghost ships and found out the hard way that you have to be almost fully upgraded to take them on.  Tried many approaches and usually couldn't get the ghost ship to 25% damaged before I was sunk.

LOL, I didn't even get to 25%.  I'll wait until the Jackdaw is 100% upgraded before even trying one of those bad boys again, haha.  

IMO this game is the absolute best of the AC franchise and I'm not even half way through the story line yet.  I spent all day yesterday just doing all the Templar quests so I could get the Templar Armor.  Never even touched the story line.  Right now I'm just working my way far enough in the story line to be able to get the Diving Bell for the ship so I can explore some shipwrecks.

I've been able to help out some of ReggieB's ships on his merchant runs too which is a really cool aspect of the game.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:29 pm

From what I read online, you shouldn't even try the ghost ships until your ship is 100% or almost there.  Still thought it would be fun to try and see if I could come up with a way to take one down, kinda like I did with the treasure convoys before my ship was really powerful enough to do it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:41 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:From what I read online, you shouldn't even try the ghost ships until your ship is 100% or almost there.  Still thought it would be fun to try and see if I could come up with a way to take one down, kinda like I did with the treasure convoys before my ship was really powerful enough to do it.

I didn't even have a clue of what they were.  I just had defeated my first fort and it popped up as "Legendary Ship".  I thought "Oh cool, I'll go check that out!".  Bad idea, lol.  I have everything on my ship upgraded to the point that I only have Elite level upgrades left (and have one of those done) but I'm not even going to try until I'm totally upgraded.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:00 pm

I've had all the other AC games and didn't (don't yet) have this one on my list. Was going to bypass it like a chick with sores on her lips. But, the more I read here the more I'm thinking about buying this!!

Darn it!!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:09 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:I've had all the other AC games and didn't (don't yet) have this one on my list. Was going to bypass it like a chick with sores on her lips. But, the more I read here the more I'm thinking about buying this!!

Darn it!!

IMO it's totally worth it.  I had the same idea as you did.  I had grown tired of the AC series in general and decided I'd skip this one, which is why it's not until now that I'm posting about it.  I held off until I kept seeing good things about the game and thought maybe I should go ahead and give it a go.  Well I did and it has not disappointed.  Sure it's got all the elements of typical AC games, but there's just something about this one that has me addicted.  Maybe it's the naval battles.  I thought I'd hate that part of the game but I'm enjoying just spending hours and hours roaming around the seas pillaging and looting enemy ships, lol.  In the end I'm glad I spent the $60 and I'm only 41% through the main story line right now.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:49 pm

This is really the only AC I've played (played a couple hours of AC3) but I'm really hooked on this one.  Like I said above, it's a great AC game and a great pirate/naval game.  If you get bored of one facet you can get away from it for a while and play the other.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Its a nly 30bucks on groupon
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Its a nly 30bucks on groupon
Definitely worth if for anyone that doesn't have it already.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Can somebody please explain to me how I can tell what ships I have that are Hunter ships (ones that I've sacked and boarded and put in my fleet)?  I don't see any designation regarding which ships are regular ones and which are hunter ones that I've captured.  I assume that makes a little difference doesn't it?  Or are the Hunter ships you capture just the same as the others?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 am

From what I can tell, the difference between a Hunter ship and a regular ship is that Hunter ships are specifically chasing your ship, so it's really just how the AI is programmed.  Once you capture the ship, it joins your fleet as a standard ship of whatever class it is, just like there's no difference between a captured Spanish or English ship.

Edit: Did some looking into on this and Hunters are just Brigs that will keep attacking you until 1.) you sink them, 2.) they sink you, 3.) you lower your wanted level.  I usually scrap them to fix my ship, since I started taking down frigates and man-o-wars I don't keep anything but those level ships.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:51 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:From what I can tell, the difference between a Hunter ship and a regular ship is that Hunter ships are specifically chasing your ship, so it's really just how the AI is programmed.  Once you capture the ship, it joins your fleet as a standard ship of whatever class it is, just like there's no difference between a captured Spanish or English ship.

Edit: Did some looking into on this and Hunters are just Brigs that will keep attacking you until 1.) you sink them, 2.) they sink you, 3.) you lower your wanted level.  I usually scrap them to fix my ship, since I started taking down frigates and man-o-wars I don't keep anything but those level ships.

Cool, thx for the info.  I actually captured my first level 60 Man O' War (wanted level 4 Hunter) just now.  So stoked!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:33 am

I find capturing man-o-wars is one of the easier ways to get supplies to upgrade your ship cuz they usually carry larger amounts of metal/cloth/wood.  That and they can transport lots of goods for trade routes when used in your fleet.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:12 am

Yes...and use your spyglass to see what the ships are carrying....it will save you a lot of time if you need one item more than another
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:38 am

Yeah, I'm down to metal being 90% of the material I need for the upgrades I have left so I'm definitely picking and choosing at this point.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 am

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Yes...and use your spyglass to see what the ships are carrying....it will save you a lot of time if you need one item more than another
This is some very solid advice, almost as good as keeping mortar shot, upgrading your mortars, and hitting big ships with your mortars on the way in to soften them up.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2