Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activision resonsible for MW2 stimulus pack pricing

+2
S7 Interseptor
S7 Smack
6 posters

Go down

Activision resonsible for MW2 stimulus pack pricing Empty Activision resonsible for MW2 stimulus pack pricing

Post by S7 Smack Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 am

Well according to IW Activision is responsible for the high 1200 points mark for MW2 first DLC take a read at the details if you'd like down below.

March 26, 2010 - Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling says the developer was not responsible for the unusually high price of the Stimulus Package, the first downloadable map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Bowling told IGN it's up to publisher Activision on what to ultimately charge gamers for downloadable content (DLC).

"Activision sets the pricing for downloadable content," Bowling explained. "It's our job on the Infinity Ward side to focus on the creative aspect of the Stimulus Package, such as the art, creation, the direction of the DLC and the content as a whole."

The pack will be released first on Xbox Live next Tuesday for 1200 Microsoft points ($15) and contains five maps, two of which already appeared in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. A pack of three new multiplayer maps has traditionally cost 800 Microsoft points ($10).

"Personally, as someone who plays a lot of Modern Warfare 2, having the option to get additional content for the multiplayer that adds a lot of mileage to my online playtime is fantastic," Bowling added. "Especially the maps in The Stimulus Package that I know will give me, personally, endless more hours online and that's something that's worth it to me."

Activision has not announced the release date for the PlayStation 3 and PC versions of the Stimulus Package.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Activision resonsible for MW2 stimulus pack pricing Empty Re: Activision resonsible for MW2 stimulus pack pricing

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:47 pm

Activision sucks
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Activision resonsible for MW2 stimulus pack pricing Empty Re: Activision resonsible for MW2 stimulus pack pricing

Post by S7 Smack Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Yes they do hard lol, I don't get it, fine I understand it's five maps with 2 remakes and 3 new ones. But 1200 is to much at least 1000 would've been the ultimate fair deal.You know a good balance for both parties, I thought with the stimulus tag in the package I was hoping for an 800MS price point so much for that lol. Also one other tidbit One of the CEO's from activision were trying to bring games up to a $70 price point when they released MW2 but was turned down by the same people that brought the original price point from $50-$60 lol activision blows.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:48 pm

I would like to save as much money as the next fella but lets be realistic here. They run a business, and it is all about supply and demand. They supplied a pretty good game ( I have about 7 days worth of MP time invested in and I think I could realistically play it that much more). 7 x 24 = 168 hrs. $60 / 168 hrs = $.36 an hour for the entertainment value I have gotten out of MW 2.

There is NOTHING short of banging my wife that I would enjoy as much as pwning noobs online and at a charge of .36 an hour I consider it a steal.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:40 pm

It's true. In arcades it usually takes at least $.50 - $1.00 per hour. So not a bad deal if you play the game a lot.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I think there should have been more maps for that price. The two fan favorites are great but I want more. Oh well, I already bought my MS Points and I'm locked and loaded. I think with the new dynamics of Modern Warfare 2 and a couple old maps will be fun. My run and gun set up is going to own on crash I think it's called.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:53 pm

i agree, its jacked up.

but i will fork it out. i have no choice really.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:07 pm

That's why they do it cause they know we'll pay lol I'm on the same boat though I got my points ready to go.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down