Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield 3 Premium Service

+9
DeadSockPuppet
Xpert2010
deepsouth06
Atrum
S7 Uncle Charles
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Coolhand
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Battlefield 3 Premium Service Empty Battlefield 3 Premium Service

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Well, I must admit I am pretty disappointed in the announcement of BF3's "Premium" service. Part of why I originally liked BF3 (aside from the awesome gameplay) was the fact it wasn't COD and didn't r@pe it's customers with BS subscriptions. Now with the addition of the paid servers and the new "Premium" service they are getting worse than COD. All this high dollar extra crap has got to stop.

Here is a list of what all you get...

Battlefield 3 Premium Service Bf3premium

Link to the article- http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/report-battlefield-3-premium-service-costs-50-one-time-incl/

What do you guys think of all this? Paying $50-$60 on top of the full game is starting to piss me off. COD, Forza and now BF3 to name a few off the top of my head. Seems to me to be a pretty high price to pay.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Battlefield 3 Premium Service Empty Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Service

Post by S7 OC Wed May 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Tome it all depends what the price of the content costs separately and if you would buy that content any way then fine. I know I bought the forza season pass and the cod elite deals cause it was deal to buy it that way instead of getting all the content separately. I will not get this as I don't plan to play the game a ton more. I may by one or two map packs but not the whole thing. It is crazy but I like having the content and the option

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed May 30, 2012 3:07 pm

No thanks
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Rumor has it that the DLC (like COD) will be $15 a pop so it is definitely saving you money to buy them all up front (just like Forza and COD). It's not that it is a rip off but I just don't like the trend. $60 is a lot for a game in the first place. The $50 extra content and DLC plan just seems like a scam to me.

I'd like to see a return to cheap or even free DLC from time to time. I have not bought any of the DLC packages so far and I don't intend to buy this one. I just don't like it.

EDIT: The Elite DLC BS is part of why I dropped COD in the first place. Shame on you EA.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed May 30, 2012 3:41 pm

One of the problems I have with things like this is that games are coming out with less and less content with the devs knowing full well that they'll get enough people to pay for the "premium" content even though some of that should have been on the original game in the first place ending up in double the profits.

There should be no such thing as "Day 1 DLC" or even DLC within a month or two. If they've been working on the DLC that long then the game should be released later and should include the DLC as part of the original game. They are just getting away with more and more.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed May 30, 2012 3:45 pm

It's a set-up no doubt.....Ghost Recon get ready. it took them so long to release that game...you know they're sitting on the mother load of DLC and extras
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed May 30, 2012 3:51 pm

I miss the Halo 2 days. You got updates, sure. But actual map packs were few and far between, and when they did come out they were great.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by deepsouth06 Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

This sucks. I already have one of the map packs as do many other players, plus the other stuff that came with B2K. So how is this beneficial to players that already got one DLC?
deepsouth06
deepsouth06
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : deepsouth06

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed May 30, 2012 4:05 pm

I miss the good ol' days when there was no dlc and games weren't released incomplete on purpose. lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed May 30, 2012 4:16 pm

deepsouth06 wrote:This sucks. I already have one of the map packs as do many other players, plus the other stuff that came with B2K. So how is this beneficial to players that already got one DLC?

There are 4 more DLC's yet to be released. $15 x 4 = $60 so you save $10 overall and get access to whatever else in included with the service. I still don't like it though.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed May 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I miss the good ol' days when there was no dlc and games weren't released incomplete on purpose. lol

Lol. Mostly agree, although a single bi-annual map pack wasn't too bad.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm

I probably won't get this and might not pick up too many more DLC for BF3, especially since I'm really getting into GR:FS and I have already paid for the July DLC of that. We'll see though. I know that I have a DLC or 2 that I still need to download from MW3 that came with my Elite sub but I just haven't been motivated enough to load up the game and get the maps because most people are playing Clan Ops or Solo Ops and I'm terrible at those so I won't waste my time. And I know that I've downloaded at least 1 MW3 DLC that I haven't even played the maps from it.

I agree that it's bullshit to have to pay extra to get crap that should be part of the game and I'm even more pissed about the shenanigans that EA pulls, especially with all the problems with my Origins account and the fact that because they've so royally f*cked that up I can't use any of the apps or additional free stuff that comes with the games (Battlelog, the ME3 app, etc.). But that's just me bitching.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 pm

this is interesting.... I play bf3 all the time and was def going to get the next two dlc because these dlc don't just come with new maps but new weapons a big update on the game and new vehicles . the last dlc came out with 4 new maps 10 new guns and 4 new vehicles the next one is coming out with also 10 new guns , 4 new maps etc etc , so the DLC isn't just small dlc's they are nice game changing dlc. but still

idk its interesting.
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Wed May 30, 2012 8:03 pm

In recent times I can't really think of but a handful of companies that actually do DLC properly, Bethsda being one of them.( of course I was gonna mention them)

Instead of quantity they focus on quality, they released 1 expansion for Oblivion and I personally found it to better than the game it self in almost all aspects.

Yes they do have have buggy games but let's be real, a large open world game is bound to have something wrong with it.

Rockstar also follows good DLC strategy, just so I have another example.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed May 30, 2012 8:45 pm

EA and DICE are getting trashed on FB about this. Seems like a lot of people are pissed about the extra costs, as they should be.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Wed May 30, 2012 8:51 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:EA and DICE are getting trashed on FB about this. Seems like a lot of people are pissed about the extra costs, as they should be.

eh not really if you plan on getting all of the dlc which alot of people do plan on getting all of it , then you save 10 bucks and get extra stuff
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Wed May 30, 2012 9:08 pm

See the problem is Wonky that it's been what 8 months since the game was released, why announce it now.

Also side note: this is basically the same thing EA was trashing Activision for doing.

Pay for Elite-get DLC early plus extras like clan ops- stat site was still free

Pay for BF3 DLC pack- get dlc early plus extras- stat site still free

Only difference is CoD at least announced and released it before any DLC came out.

Plus a lot of people probably got B2K for free since it was pretty much included in pre-orders, so you 4 DLC packs for however much it costs.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu May 31, 2012 1:00 am

S7 Dovahkiin wrote:See the problem is Wonky that it's been what 8 months since the game was released, why announce it now.

Also side note: this is basically the same thing EA was trashing Activision for doing.

Only difference is CoD at least announced and released it before any DLC came out.

Plus a lot of people probably got B2K for free since it was pretty much included in pre-orders, so you 4 DLC packs for however much it costs.

True, but even if you already have the first dlc it is still cheaper to get the premium than to buy the remaining 4 packs separately. At first I was a bit annoyed about this when it was leaked a little over a week ago, but after some thought I am actually kind of stoked for the extras and what not. Now if the service wasn't cheaper than buying the remaining dlc separately then I would be truly irked. For people than plan on buying all the dlc it is actually a great deal with many cool perks. The fact that is was announced way after launch is a bit lame but in end I do not really care.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 am

S7 Zalacious wrote:
S7 Dovahkiin wrote:See the problem is Wonky that it's been what 8 months since the game was released, why announce it now.

True, but even if you already have the first dlc it is still cheaper to get the premium than to buy the remaining 4 packs separately. At first I was a bit annoyed about this when it was leaked a little over a week ago, but after some thought I am actually kind of stoked for the extras and what not. Now if the service wasn't cheaper than buying the remaining dlc separately then I would be truly irked. For people than plan on buying all the dlc it is actually a great deal with many cool perks. The fact that is was announced way after launch is a bit lame but in end I do not really care.

The late announcement is part of what irks me too. They made a big deal of how BF3 was better than COD because they weren't charging extra for an "elite" service. ROFL! What a load of crap! Greedy corporate America wins out again. Yea!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:
The late announcement is part of what irks me too. They made a big deal of how BF3 was better than COD because they weren't charging extra for an "elite" service. ROFL! What a load of crap! Greedy corporate America wins out again. Yea!

That's why they named it "Premium". I'm sort of glad I didn't get Battlefield 3 after all. The gameplay was fun from when I played the beta on my PC. BUT when they decide to throw that pay-for-your-own-server sh1t and then throw this out... they're just making it really obvious that they want to empty your pockets.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 31, 2012 11:22 am

It's a great game and I am sure I will still play it but I doubt I will get any of the DLC just on principal. Too bad. I was planning on getting at least the first set of DLC too but now I just feel betrayed. Feels like a bait and switch to me. They got my $60 and that is all they are going to get. Fortunately, GR is really fun and I am having a blast over there so no big loss.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu May 31, 2012 11:24 am

Paying for your own servers isn't a bad thing, it's been around forever. I fully support that. If you want a custom server you control and can run, definitely pay for it.
Now adding the premium service? That's a bit of a pain. I think it's mainly just a bit of bad marketing. If they had a DLC schedule out from the beginning and were now offering a bundle pack where you get a discount for buying them all, that's not a bad deal at all.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu May 31, 2012 11:28 am

AtrumX wrote:Paying for your own servers isn't a bad thing, it's been around forever. I fully support that. If you want a custom server you control and can run, definitely pay for it.
Now adding the premium service? That's a bit of a pain. I think it's mainly just a bit of bad marketing. If they had a DLC schedule out from the beginning and were now offering a bundle pack where you get a discount for buying them all, that's not a bad deal at all.

Well, it's moreso that they took down practically all of their own game servers. Making so that you'd have to find someone elses server to play on and hope they are playing the game mode that you want to play. My brother has BF3 on the Xbox and he loved it but then they pulled the server stunt which made it difficult for him to enjoy the game.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

Xpert2010 wrote:
AtrumX wrote:Paying for your own servers isn't a bad thing, it's been around forever. I fully support that. If you want a custom server you control and can run, definitely pay for it.

Well, it's moreso that they took down practically all of their own game servers. Making so that you'd have to find someone elses server to play on and hope they are playing the game mode that you want to play. My brother has BF3 on the Xbox and he loved it but then they pulled the server stunt which made it difficult for him to enjoy the game.

The EA/DICE pulling most of their severs kinda pissed me off too for that same reason. You'd think that with the extra revenue they're getting from the rented servers they'd either add more of their own servers or at least keep their own servers running or that they'd make the DLC cheaper or free. I know someone mentioned that with the servers they say they dropped their servers so that more people could rent from their pool of servers and that as rentals aren't renewed they'll put up more of their own servers, but from all the past crap that EA has pulled I assume that they'll just let the unrented servers go dormant until some other schmuck decides to rent one.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Thu May 31, 2012 2:14 pm

The thing about bf3 they don't plan on playing for a year then going to the next game like cod this game has another 12-18 months after this next DLC where DICE will add keep adding more dlc updates etc , like Z said its lame that they did do it but in the end if you are a bf3 player it helps you and gives you more in the end.

Idk why you wouldn't buy the next dlc because of this its not as if they are making you buy this service , i'm most likely going to pick this up because I plan on playing this game for a while, and if i'm not mistaken every video game is made to make money for some one , so why would they not add in some thing that makes them money and gives more in the long wrong for core players who play the game and enjoy the game. AND its not a must to play the game i'd rather have it this way then have to buy every DLC that is coming out for this game.

S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next