Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS)

+5
S7 Panzer
S7 Sticky
S7 Coolhand
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS)

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 am

I finally finished the game and I ended up picking the blue ending and was ok with how everything ended. I didn't feel that I was "raped" or "robbed" after playing 3 games and probably over 150 hrs. I would have liked the option for the green ending, but I thing I was short on assets (I had only 5500) or I didn't have my readiness high enough (never played any MP so it was 50%). Either way, I was happy and possibly in the future I'll manage to get the green ending available. Also, I seemed to play just enough of a hardass that I didn't end up with any love interest. Oh well.

As for the little kid, I think that the catalyst chose the form of the little kid because the kid had such a strong, lasting memory in Shepard. Not being able to save the kid was causing an ongoing nightmare for Shepard, as it would for most any person, and thus there was a strong connection to the image. The catalyst then used that strong connection to more quickly create a good rapport with Shepard. I think the catalyst did this because the choice that Shepard had to make was huge and the catalyst needed Shepard to be more open to the process instead of being standoffish and unwilling to listen.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS)

Post by Atrum Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
As for the little kid, I think that the catalyst chose the form of the little kid because the kid had such a strong, lasting memory in Shepard. Not being able to save the kid was causing an ongoing nightmare for Shepard, as it would for most any person, and thus there was a strong connection to the image. The catalyst then used that strong connection to more quickly create a good rapport with Shepard. I think the catalyst did this because the choice that Shepard had to make was huge and the catalyst needed Shepard to be more open to the process instead of being standoffish and unwilling to listen.

I thought as much myself. I believe that will be some of the 'extra scenes" they release to better explain the ending.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 am

Yeah, I am holding off my 2nd play through until the new extended cut is released. Then I am going all in with MP readiness and everything.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah, knowing our luck they'll drop the DLC late May/early June, right between GR:FS and the BF3 DLCs, so it will be just like in the fall when there's too much to do and not enough time to do it in.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 pm

I will probably just youtube the new endings when they finally come out.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Yeah, I am holding off my 2nd play through until the new extended cut is released. Then I am going all in with MP readiness and everything.

I'm with you Zak. I started 2 of them, then decided to hold off.

The only thing that disappointed me about the endings was the lack of consistency...characters who died showing up in the final montage, the fact that your crew would NEVER leave you stranded, ALL of the Mass relays blowing up and stranding ALL of the races in our solar system, and when the Mass relays blow up, don't they destroy the solar system they are in...essentially killing billions...which defeats the purpose of fighting the reapers.

Inconsistency ion storytelling drives me insane. They went all Matrix on us...they started with something cool...but didn't seem sure on the details of how to finish it properly.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2