Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS)

+5
S7 Panzer
S7 Sticky
S7 Coolhand
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS) Empty Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS)

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:29 pm

*Spoilers Ahead* ...so tread carefully. The current ending will be discussed to some degree if not in complete detail. I would recommend skipping this discussion if you haven't finished the game yet. You have been warned.

OK, with that out of the way I want to talk a little about the current ending of the game and the outrage of the public in general. Apparently, people are really pissed about the ending as it stands now. Maybe it's just me but it didn't seem that bad. How do you guys feel about it? I thought it ended rather well. Yes, in most cases Shepard dies to save the galaxy but that seems appropriate to me. This is the end of the Shepard trilogy and I am fine with him dying to save the galaxy. Not to mention that you can actually have him survive if you get everything just right. So then, what is the problem? I have heard people complain about closure. Really? Like the last 1/4 of the game is spent saying goodbye to people you know/love. Hell you can even call a bunch of them right before the final mission. Maybe these people just rushed through the game and didn't get a chance to talk to everybody? Am I missing something?

Was it the best ending ever? No. Was it a bit of a downer? I guess. Was it so bad that it demands a remake? Hell no! But apparently the Internet is soooo upset that petitions have been filed, government organizations have been contacted and the "people" demand more closure and a better ending. Bioware, being the good people they are, is apparently listening and are going to issues some form of new content. An official announcement will be issued sometime in April but they are definitely working on something. Here is the link to the IGN article I read earlier today - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html I'm sorry but this just seems totally ridiculous to me. What do you guys think?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS) Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS)

Post by S7 OC Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 pm

I just finished the game today and after hearing all the options I said the job all along was to end the reapers at all costs. When I heard the option to save organics and machines but destroy the reapers I knew right away that was what I need to do for my friends and the galaxy (even the half blown up Tachanka Embarassed ). I though the ending of the trilogy was fitting and the game was one incredible.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS) Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 - New Ending? (SPOILERS)

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:38 pm

I was fine with the ending, except the first time I didn't survive. My second time through I made sure I had nearly 7000 effective assets before starting the Cerberus assault and ended up having my Shep survive, which is cooler, even though I'm stranded on a destroyed space station with no mass relays to reach my blue alien ho.

The ending was fine for me - plenty of closure - I think the interweb kids are a bunch of whiners who didn't enjoy the journey and only played for the ending scene. I hope Bioware gives them the finger.

Oh, and OC... the destroy the Reapers option also still destroys the Geth and mass relays, so no mas machines. Didn't figure you had any Geth left to worry about though. Or Quarians. Or Krogan. Or Rachni. Almost makes me want to play it again just to try and annihilate everyone.

Now, back to playing multiplayer.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 pm

No I choose the one that units all the synergy one. I did have a bunch of geth

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:25 pm

S7 OC wrote:No I choose the one that units all the synergy one. I did have a bunch of geth
oh the center beam.
Maybe we should just refer to these as blue, red, and green since that is the major difference in the endings. In red the reapers fall over, blue they take off, green I don't think anything happens but can't really remember. Seems like they skimped on differences on these end scenes - they are way too similar.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm

in my ending every one dies!!! sr2 crash lands then the normal generic ending every one gets

thats was my first time
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:56 am

that means you did not have enough support before you went into the final fight.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:08 pm

S7 OC wrote:that means you did not have enough support before you went into the final fight.

yep my first time around on any RPG is a rush to the end i think it took me like 5 hours

this time around im 12 hours into it and just disarmed the bomb ! but i have done every side mission including alot you pick up just by talking to random people on the citadel
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Yeah I thought I got enough support my first run though but I guess not. I had to rush it though because I decided to rent the game. Either way I understand the how the ending can bring frustration to some people, but I did feel like it was a good ending. Honestly the parts that pissed me off the most was seeing Liara dead after Sovereign came down to earth and then the terror on jokers face when he might not go faster then the red shockwave.

I also have some questions about the main storyline. Can you save the Quarian and Geth fleets, and what is the max amount of support you can have?
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 am

Yes you can save both, not sure what the "max" is but for the 'best' ending you need over 7000.

SPOILERS (obviously)

You can survive as shepard. Or die/be assimilated. I also believe the normandy will not crash if you have enough war assets. I think the 'closure' issues are coming from the fans that do every side quest, get a ridiculous amount of war assets, have shepard survive only to be stranded on a space station of death and sadness. Why not have Liara/Tali/whoever your love interest was bring a ship up to the citadel to get you?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 am

So pretty much you either die or die slowly alone in the current possible endings?
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:14 am

Well you don't know that he dies, the citadel is basically a space station planet and is hovering above earth so it's viable he could survive/be saved.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Ok, now that I know I am not the only one who thought the ending was ok, I do have a question about the weird kid. What the hell was the deal with that? Why does the citadel kid look like the real kid from the beginning of the game? And why does he keep appearing in Shepard's dream? Any thoughts or theories?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:32 pm

I had as many assets as is possible (69** before Cerberus and >7000 before Earth battle) and still the Normandy crashed, so not sure about that one - I think it crashing is standard.

There is one conversation in the C-Sec office of the Prisidium Commons that regardless of who you support it will detract points. It always says C-Sec is focusing on smaller crimes which is bad.

The kid was supposed to get you emotionally charged on the story early on, with the creepy dreams adding to that. It worked on me. The message seemed to be "you can't save everyone." I also think the "Reaper Controller Entity" was somehow communicating to Shepherd in that last dream, saying "you will die too." Then at the end it chose to present itself in the kid's image because that was familiar and emotionally significant to Shepherd. It wanted to influence Shepherd away from destroying it and the Reapers. That's my take anyway.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:32 pm

I feel like its more of a symbol of hope. The kid died at the beginning but at the end he is reborn as the 2 choices you can made destroy or send the reapers away. Now for the dreams/nightmares I feel like its Shepard being reminded he can't save everyone. How about after the credits you get to see a small conversation between who I think is the illusive man, and the kid that died. opinions?
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I thought the kid was basically a VI from an organic race before the reaper cycle began. It would be cool for that civilization to have battled some super advanced synthetic race and won but been wiped out, their last action to be build the citadel and reapers to control the galaxy.

So my take on the kid, ancient VI that took it's form based on shepards mind.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the keepers were the original race. ME1 and ME2 both hinted at keepers being the only race that fully understand the Cidadel and how it works. Also when Shepard appears on the Cidadel bodies are everywhere and a keeper is just standing there working.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm

i like tacos
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:18 pm

trying to increase your post count?
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:41 pm

It's what sticky does. I thought it was mentioned the keepers were from a previous cycle?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:55 pm

After more reading it seems they were created by the Protheans to maintain the Citadel

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Keepers
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:16 pm

The synthesis ending seems good enough for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg34E7pu9Vw
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Finally finished the game today, I did all three endings, the middle green one the best. I was hoping shepherd would have to sacrifice himself for the galaxy. I thought the ending was pretty good. The kid was gay and so were the dreams. I would have liked to see more flashbacks of people as I was falling to my death, think Bruce willis in Armageddon. And I would have been cool to see all the main charcters reactions to the conculision especially my love intrest jack. Epic story it ranks up there with star wars and lotr in my book, I feel sorry for anyone that missed it
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:16 pm

While the RGB choice was dumb, I enjoyed the ending in general and felt everything was tied up nicely. I'm disappointed they have caved to the presussure. It is one of the best games I've ever played, but will I still be anxious for a new ending when they finally release it? Doubt it.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:11 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:While the RGB choice was dumb, I enjoyed the ending in general and felt everything was tied up nicely. I'm disappointed they have caved to the presussure. It is one of the best games I've ever played, but will I still be anxious for a new ending when they finally release it? Doubt it.

They're not releasing a new ending. They are putting out additional cut scenes and 'an epilogue' to further explain the ending.
Same ending, more explanation.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next