Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 C-Class Tourney - Season 1

+3
DeadSockPuppet
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

S7R Forza 4 C-Class Tourney - Season 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 C-Class Tourney - Season 1

Post by Atrum Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 pm

S7 Epic wrote:I had a car I was keeping a secret. On paper it looked set to be very fast. 0-60 in less than 5s, 100 in 14.5, great breaking and about 0.97 G in handling...yet it's not competitive =( It might be ok on certain tracks but I'd rather just use one car for the entirety. Soooo, back to the drawing board...

The car was a VW Golk Mk2.

That was the first car I tuned for C class when forza came out. I got a decent build but prefer the lancia 037, or even the montreal.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 C-Class Tourney - Season 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 C-Class Tourney - Season 1

Post by S7 Epic Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:I had a car I was keeping a secret. On paper it looked set to be very fast. 0-60 in less than 5s, 100 in 14.5, great breaking and about 0.97 G in handling...yet it's not competitive =( It might be ok on certain tracks but I'd rather just use one car for the entirety. Soooo, back to the drawing board...

The car was a VW Golk Mk2.

That was the first car I tuned for C class when forza came out. I got a decent build but prefer the lancia 037, or even the montreal.

Yah, the Lancia is pretty nice. I have it as a grip setup atm but I don't think it's suited to that, not really enough to get the grip and speed required. So I'll probably try a more traditional tune, see how that works for me. Got a few other cars in mind, so I'll definitely have to put some hours in over the next few days. I don't want a repeat of the last tourney. That car just wasn't competitive at all and there's a limit to how much extra I can squeeze out of it.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:23 am

Well, I went back last night and did some more driving and I am feeling better about the RX-8. Maybe I just needed to get to know the car better. I think the problem may be that it's too average. It's not got crazy top end/acceleration or super grip. It's just right in the middle of both. Good all around car but lacks the advantage in either category. Still, I am posting good times on both short and long tracks with the same car/tune. Plus shifting at 9500 rpms is WIN. Gotta love a rotary engine!

Should be interesting to see how this all works out. I am really looking forward to tomorrows Tourney. I hope we have a good turnout.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Bump! Tourney is tonight! Can't wait. I hope to see you all there.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:39 pm

I still need a speeeeed car. Pretty happy with the Renault for all the others, I run consistent laps with it and managed a 1:43.5 with it on Laguna Seca but it was dirty from the previous lap, so that was fail =(

Still a pretty bad class for me though, very few viable candidates for handling cars. Looking forwards to hitting the RUFs and the Zonda, THEN we're talking!
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:02 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens as far as wrecks as the classes get higher. I think C-A class are still pretty easy to control but once we hit S and R3 it might get a bit crazy.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:15 pm

AtrumX wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens as far as wrecks as the classes get higher. I think C-A class are still pretty easy to control but once we hit S and R3 it might get a bit crazy.

Not sure. The crashes generally come from people having cars they can't handle properly. Maybe one brakes and race tyres become part of the standard tune, thing'll get a bit better....?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
AtrumX wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens as far as wrecks as the classes get higher. I think C-A class are still pretty easy to control but once we hit S and R3 it might get a bit crazy.

Not sure. The crashes generally come from people having cars they can't handle properly. Maybe one brakes and race tyres become part of the standard tune, thing'll get a bit better....?

I am not sure it's the handling or the breaking but the overall speed that will cause the problems. It takes faster reflexes and more skill to drive the higher end cars regardless of grip. Fortunately, we step up gradually so we have time between each Tourney to get ready for the next class. Never had a huge problem in the past and we have done this for several seasons so I don't expect it to be any worse. That said, Forza 4 is slightly more difficult/realistic than the past versions of the game so we may just have to wait and see what happens here.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:

I am not sure it's the handling or the breaking but the overall speed that will cause the problems. It takes faster reflexes and more skill to drive the higher end cars regardless of grip. Fortunately, we step up gradually so we have time between each Tourney to get ready for the next class. Never had a huge problem in the past and we have done this for several seasons so I don't expect it to be any worse. That said, Forza 4 is slightly more difficult/realistic than the past versions of the game so we may just have to wait and see what happens here.

Imagine some douche driving a Ferrari 250...with stickers on, so that you know it's a Ferrari. Then take the same douche and put him in a Zonda. I'd bet a testicle that he's less likely to crash in the Zonda...but he might not run that because it won't hot lap as fast as the Ferrari does - even it if takes 15 laps to set that time and is hard to repeat consistently.

Btw, not referring to you (or anyone in particular, for that matter) - just that type of car.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Well, I don't think most of the average players will be racing crazy fast/loose cars in the upper classes and to be fair, the 250 California that I drove was getting consistent times every lap. Still, I get exactly what you are saying and you are somewhat correct. Especially in the difference between a muscle car and exotic supercar but I don't think people will be driving too many muscle cars in the S-Class +. I think you will still find cars that are running higher top end vs grip (or vice versa) but not cars that handle as bad as an old school muscle car.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:29 pm

It doesn't matter how good the handling is, if you're going 140+ and your wheels go in the grass things get crazy.
I don't think it will be too terrible, but I do predict significantly more wrecks. S-Class is my favorite to race in, but I know if I'm pushing it in a hot lap with any type of car there's a much bigger chance of a big wreck than in the lower classes. Should be exciting.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 pm

This is going to be a great time tonight. I look forward to what everyone is going to bring to the table.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 pm

S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by racecardriver23 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Sorry about bailing before the photo, but I couldn't make out a word anyone was saying right before that last race then every single car on the track was floating a mile high or half of it was in the track. I though I could fix it by going out and coming back in but I couldn't get back in after that. I had fun though and great racing everyone!
racecardriver23
racecardriver23
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : racecardriver23

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 pm

165 - Wiggles (1 Win, 6 Podiums)
164 - Glock (3 Wins, 5 Podiums)
155 - Interseptor (3 Wins, 4 Podiums)
121 - Epic (1 Podium)
112 - Apex (3 Podiums)
109 - Bloodrusted (2 Podiums)
100 - Atrum
72 - Sticky
72 - Racecar
62 - Riff
51 - Puppet
49 - OC

Overall placement for the season is as follows:
106 - Interseptor
106 - Wiggles
70 - LickwedApex
65 - Epic
64 - Atrum
49 - Bloodrusted
38 - RacecarDriver
30 - Dovahkiin
27 - OC
27 - Riff Raff
25 - Glock
23 - Sockpuppet
22 - Coolhand
16 - HuskerFan
10 - Sticky
10 - Pooty
8 - Benji
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 pm

S7R Forza 4 C-Class Tourney - Season 1 - Page 2 GetPhoto-6
Back Row: (L to R) OC, Puppet, Racecar (MIA), Riff Raff (MIA), Sticky, Atrum, Bloodrusted, Apex, Epic
Front Row: (L to R) Glock, Wiggles, Interseptor
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Good races everyone. That 2nd race really killed me but I had a great time. Look forward to the next one.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Yeah I lead part of a lap for like a second or two (f*ck yeah starting third and having kick ass launch) and I finished that lap 5th, but those were my highlights, especially since I was put into the wall on the same track coming into the straight on the next lap. Overall, though, I had a great time and had to make my first appearance on pit row to fix a busted engine on Silverstone.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am

Well, I had a great time as usual. Sure things got a little tense at times but overall it was a blast. We had a nice turnout and some really good races. Thanks to every who showed up to play and props to Glock who finally got to make one of our Tourneys. And despite not playing in a while and making a car literally minutes before the Tourney, he still took 2nd place. Good racing brother.

It is frustrating to to lead the entire night and then loose it all on the last race but as they say "sh1t happens!" Fortunately for me, no matter what happens, I always seem to have a great time at these things. Win or lose, it's about having a good time, good racing and hanging out with friends. Thanks again guys for making the S7R division what it is.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 am

Write up and B class post coming soon.... had to scrap my first set of videos cause i'm an idiot...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2