Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E class car?

+6
Atrum
S7 OC
S7 Epic
OneBadHuskerFan
DeadSockPuppet
S7 BENJI
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

E class car? Empty E class car?

Post by S7 BENJI Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 pm

I am a total forza newb and was wondering if there are any E class cars that are looked down on, like how the chevy spark (or volt?) was a dumb way to win.

If you could tell me which car is the top on the leaderboard or how to see the leaderboard I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

S7 BENJI
Private First Class
Private First Class

GamerTag : S7 BENJI

Back to top Go down

E class car? Empty Re: E class car?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:16 am

The leaderboards can be found in game and all you have to do is look at the car with the fastest lap time (should be at the top of the board). Usually it's easy to determine because the same car will hold like the top 500-1000 fastest times, that's a leaderboard car. While you can race any car in tourneys, leaderboard cars tend to get you a lot of crap.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:24 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:The leaderboards can be found in game and all you have to do is look at the car with the fastest lap time (should be at the top of the board). Usually it's easy to determine because the same car will hold like the top 500-1000 fastest times, that's a leaderboard car. While you can race any car in tourneys, leaderboard cars tend to get you a lot of crap.

I've never quite understood this line of thinking honestly. There is ALWAYS going to be a "leaderboard car". Take away that car and the next car will be the "leaderboard car" and so on. Now I'm all for variety and running different cars, but for anybody to look down on somebody else for using the best car available doesn't make much sense to me.

Let's say I'm playing an RPG and there's a sword that's the best in the game should I throw that one away and go with the less powerful one? Since when is it a bad thing to use the best tool available to achieve your goal? In racing the goal is to win the race right?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 am

The idea is that any noob can take the "best" car and win races. Also, using the best car takes away the challenge of designing a good car. Everyone knows a leaderboard car is good, that's why it's on the top of the leaderboard. They're not banned, it's just seen as a cop out. Rather than put in the time and energy to create your own ideal ride you've copped out and chosen the one everyone else uses. Like I said, race whatever car you want but expect to take some flak when you race a leaderboard car.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:43 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:The idea is that any noob can take the "best" car and win races. Also, using the best car takes away the challenge of designing a good car. Everyone knows a leaderboard car is good, that's why it's on the top of the leaderboard. They're not banned, it's just seen as a cop out. Rather than put in the time and energy to create your own ideal ride you've copped out and chosen the one everyone else uses. Like I said, race whatever car you want but expect to take some flak when you race a leaderboard car.

Just for argument's sake, what's the cutoff for "acceptable" cars? If I were to take the 2nd best car is the general public ok with that? I haven't really played at all since October or so and am thinking about getting back into the game, but really don't want to deal with the "Dude using that car is cheap" comments.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:52 am

I know a couple guys look at like the cars in the 500+ spot and start working on those cars to see what they can do. I've done that and haven't had any problems. Ultimately you have to race what you feel comfortable in. If you take some crap about it, so be it. Some guys b1tch that a couhole of us usually race Audis or because we only race AWD, who cares. I'm going to race what I want and what I think I can do the best in. I just prefer to avoid the leaderboard cars if I can because that's one less bit of crap I have to deal with.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I know a couple guys look at like the cars in the 500+ spot and start working on those cars to see what they can do. I've done that and haven't had any problems. Ultimately you have to race what you feel comfortable in. If you take some crap about it, so be it. Some guys b1tch that a couhole of us usually race Audis or because we only race AWD, who cares. I'm going to race what I want and what I think I can do the best in. I just prefer to avoid the leaderboard cars if I can because that's one less bit of crap I have to deal with.

Roger that, and I understand, just wanted to know a bit more about how you guys operate. I'd like to get some racing in with everybody here and don't want to be "that guy", lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:58 am

No problem. Besides, many times the leaderboard car won't work well in a tourney because the lap times were set on an empty track and usually those cars are designed more for speed and no consideration is taken for other cars. A super fast car doesn't help you out if you can't maneuver I thru traffic and with up to 15 other cars on the track you'll probably see some traffic.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 am

I'm going to race a Hummer for E-Class. I think it'll be the only way to survive since we'll have pretty much a full room.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

needless to say the leaaderboard car is not banned from tourneys just you will get a ton of heckling for the rest of the guys for running it.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:14 am

Sounds like a good idea. You going to look into the armor plating, run flat tires, and the roof mounted .50 cal for upgrades? Very Happy
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Sounds like a good idea. You going to look into the armor plating, run flat tires, and the roof mounted .50 cal for upgrades? Very Happy

Yeah, probably a front scoop too.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 am

S7 OC wrote:needless to say the leaaderboard car is not banned from tourneys just you will get a ton of heckling for the rest of the guys for running it.

OC and I tend to round out the back of the pack and we still choose our own cars to race instead of the leaderboard cars.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:51 am

S7 Epic wrote:I'm going to race a Hummer for E-Class. I think it'll be the only way to survive since we'll have pretty much a full room.

Hey man sometimes you have to use unconventional tactics to get to the front! Very Happy
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:25 am

Like the hummer idea epic. Can that new raptor get to e-class? If so... Definitely doing that. Lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 am

Don't think so starts c I think

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Riff Raff Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Haha... I feel i should jump on the Large truck bandwagon. Haha. that sounds like it would at least be fun or funny. But as for the Leaderboard cars... i'm completely against it as well. But as for a Cop out car (drumroll please) The Datsun 510.... that car is the reason i stopped playing Forza 3..... As for people gettin mad about Audi's and AWD... F-U.. AWD is the best and Audi's are amazing... What isn't amazing is the fact that an Actual Good Car (Ford GT, Audi RS6, Lexus IS-F) Gets beat by wack ass dude cars like the Datsun 510.... If i'm gunna catch Flak for using an AWD drive car, or an Audi, then the Datsun should get banned.... Just sayin.
S7 Riff Raff
S7 Riff Raff
Private First Class
Private First Class

GamerTag : S7 Riff Raff

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Meh, the Datsun was OP in Forza 3 but it was nerfed for 4. But don't worry some cars will OP here in 4 too, just different ones. That is partially why we stay away from leader board cars. Sometimes, the leader board car is not that much faster than the rest of the class but sometimes it is way over powered for the class. By avoiding the leader board car, you also avoid having an unfair advantage.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Riff Raff Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Exactly. Well i'm glad the Datsun got Nerfed... I haven't done any drag on 4 but i'm sure the Spark is the new Datsun. haha
S7 Riff Raff
S7 Riff Raff
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:04 pm

No one really cares about AWD any more. In forza 3 you didn't get a PI boost for going AWD, in forza 4 they were smart enough to adjust your PI to reflect the cars ability.

Only thing I've seen that is a little silly is how much adding a wing drops your PI, and how little it effects actual speed.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Riff Raff Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:49 pm

@Atrum: Yeah i noticed that too.... I like the wings cause they help with Handeling (I'm big into handeling over speed, but from what i saw on thursday, no one else feels the same, so i will have to start building overall faster cars), But they take a big chunk out of top speed. I think Acceleration and Corning win races, but in forza Top speed wins all the time. haha.
S7 Riff Raff
S7 Riff Raff
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Yeah, it's a pretty close balance you have to find to do well. I've always been able to hot lap pretty well but in the past my cars just didn't cut it for large scale races with real people.
I think Acceleration is a big key component. Of course, on tracks where you can reach top end you'll need a faster car.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Atrum is right. Ballence is key. I try to find a car that has good handling and acceleration but I will sacrifice a little handling for top speed if the car has a good feel to it. A lot of it has to do with driver skill too. A good driver can sometimes finess a car with bad handling around a corner and still maintain speed.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Riff Raff Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Atrum is right. Ballence is key. I try to find a car that has good handling and acceleration but I will sacrifice a little handling for top speed if the car has a good feel to it. A lot of it has to do with driver skill too. A good driver can sometimes finess a car with bad handling around a corner and still maintain speed.

Yeah. Thats what i have been doing lately. Givin most of the upgrades to the engine of a car that already has decent handling. I practiced ALOT last night with dozens of cars and narrowed it down to a couple. i may be ready for the next race. But we will see after a few online races (with other humans)
S7 Riff Raff
S7 Riff Raff
Private First Class
Private First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by PootyPoo22 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:16 pm

I know I'm a little late in joining this conversation, but here's my take on the whole leaderboard car thing. It seems to me that, in this clan, if you don't do all the upgrades and tuning yourself, you're a noob and will be harassed accordingly. I'll come right out and admit that I have yet to do that for a single car in any event I've participated in.

Wanna know why? I'm not good at it. I have no idea what most of the sh1t you can adjust for tuning even does to the car. And honestly I don't really care that much. I just want to be competitive. I'm like Cole Trickle in Days of Thunder. I don't care how it works, just make it go fast and have decent handling. And since I don't know how to make a car do that myself, I use the Marketplace.

I don't play this game because I'm a gearhead. I play this game because i like cars, love racing, and enjoy playing with all you guys. Also, I'm not going to have any fun if I'm not competitive. So if my prep time for race night consists of the 1-2 hours before we start, I'm probably going to look at the leaderboards, scroll down a bit, and pick a car that's somewhere close to the top.

Maybe someday I'll take the time to learn about tuning but as of right now I don't really have that kind of time.
PootyPoo22
PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PootyPoo22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next