Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headset Needed.

+9
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 Vision67
Pharaoh Amun Ra
S7 mrmiller
S7 wonky
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
DerangeMaverick
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Headset Needed. Empty Headset Needed.

Post by DerangeMaverick Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:24 pm

I need a new headset. I was looking to get the new Warhead 7.1 coming out later this year. What do you guys recommend for a good but cheap replacement for now?
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : DerangeMaverick

Back to top Go down

Headset Needed. Empty Re: Headset Needed.

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 pm

We have a lot of guys that use the various Turtle Beach headsets. I have the x31's and they work great. Good sound, fairly comfortable, not too spendy. I've used the astro a40's and they're definitely quality. Great mixamp, great sound, good mic, and customizable. I'd recommend them for anyone headset shopping.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:40 pm

I have a pair of Astro A30's w/ wireless mix amp and I love them. Great quality, comfortable and very versatile. Mix amp is amazing and the best reason to buy an Astro setup. Really good stuff.

Here is a link to a review I did - https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/t2709-astro-a30-s-received?highlight=Astro+A30+s

There is some good discussion/information there.

As for the warhead 7.1, it looks like a solid wireless headset and I am sure it will be a top quality headset. I suspect that it will rival the other top of the line headsets out. It is also nice to be fully wireless if all you need is an xbox headset.

Personally I wanted something that would work with my iPad, iPhone, PC, Xbox and PS3. A30's fit the bill and I have never looked back. Hope that helps.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Yeah My main concern is that making sure that it will work on my ps3 as well. I did message Tritton they said ps3 support should come soon so im guessing maybe it will be fixable with a software update but i will look into those astro.
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm

DerangeMaverick wrote:Yeah My main concern is that making sure that it will work on my ps3 as well. I did message Tritton they said ps3 support should come soon so im guessing maybe it will be fixable with a software update but i will look into those astro.

i have the tritton Ax Pros
they work with xbox pc and ps3

they are a good headset for 159 bucks i would recommend getting the warranty for them if you buy at bestbuy as you can take them back when ever and as much as you want for any reason at all
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:56 pm

It depends on how picky you are about "wires" but you should definitely check them out. The Astro A30's are technically a wired headset but they plug into the wireless mixamp. The mixamp is wireless, so the only wires are running from the mixamp (sitting beside you or on a belt clip) to the headset. You can get up and walk around etc... but it is not fully wireless (or fully wired for that matter). But it makes for a very versatile headset. Plugs directly into my mobile devises and wirelessly (via the mixamp) to my PS3 and 360. Check it out.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:36 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:
DerangeMaverick wrote:Yeah My main concern is that making sure that it will work on my ps3 as well. I did message Tritton they said ps3 support should come soon so im guessing maybe it will be fixable with a software update but i will look into those astro.

i have the tritton Ax Pros
they work with xbox pc and ps3

they are a good headset for 159 bucks i would recommend getting the warranty for them if you buy at bestbuy as you can take them back when ever and as much as you want for any reason at all

the trittions have a life time replacement warranty I just got a brand new one for free because "it wasn't working right" the trittion guy hooked me up no need with best buy sh1t

oh and I have trittions pro
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 pm

I like my X41 Turtle beaches, and if I was going for PS3 support as well, I would do the new Turtle Beach PX5's and add the 360 bluetooth adapter. You can find good deals on them on Amazon from time to time. That is if you are going to stay totally wireless. If going wired I would probably go Interseptor's route with the Astro A30's.

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/t2843-360-totally-wireless-headphones-pt-2-turtle-beach-option?highlight=headphones

If you are just looking to get by on the cheap until you can get some of the higher dollar ones, I would simply hook up some good over or on ear headphones from your TV or Stereo.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:47 pm

yeah im looking or something cheap. I have a 50 dollar promotional code for amazon purchase. So since amazon doesnt directly sell the astros i cant use the coupon lol.
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 pm

lol, I came to this topic to ask the same question...I love it!
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:45 am

DerangeMaverick wrote:yeah im looking or something cheap. I have a 50 dollar promotional code for amazon purchase. So since amazon doesnt directly sell the astros i cant use the coupon lol.

I have the turtle beach X11's. Amazon says that the X12's are a newer version, but I've not used them so I can't suggest anything there.

The X11's have been a GREAT purchase for me. Great audio quality, in-line mixamp. Come with everything to set up to XBL headset right away. DURABLE and Comfortable. I've dropped these babies many times, and I even bought extra insurance (it was $5 more when I got them at Best Buy) but they've never cracked or become loose or anything. To be fair, the audioquality is better on the Astros or something. I'm not an audiophile and even I can recognize the difference. However I've never found no reason to complain here.

(Links go to the Amazon pages for those products)
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:59 am

I've been looking that the PX5 from Turtle Beach. I may pick that one up. Blue tooth, compatibility w/ PS3 and XBox, programmable settings, etc. Looks pretty good.

EDIT: Actually, idk about it now, lol. I've read and viewed some reviews and all of them mention an interference issue due to the 2.4 GHz band the headset uses. That may be a problem since I play PS3 and Xbox wirelessly. Back to the drawing board, lol.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Do you chat on PSN pharaoh? If not then the x11's will work for hearing the audio, you just can't use them for chatting on PSN.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:17 pm

S7 Pharaoh wrote:I've been looking that the PX5 from Turtle Beach. I may pick that one up. Blue tooth, compatibility w/ PS3 and XBox, programmable settings, etc. Looks pretty good.

EDIT: Actually, idk about it now, lol. I've read and viewed some reviews and all of them mention an interference issue due to the 2.4 GHz band the headset uses. That may be a problem since I play PS3 and Xbox wirelessly. Back to the drawing board, lol.

FYI - The Astro 5.8 wireless mixamp operates at 5.8 GHz and I have no problems with interference.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:25 pm

@ Atrum Yeah, want to have the option to chat on PSN.

@ Interseptor, I'll give it a look...

Last edited by S7 Pharaoh on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 pm

I have the Trittons AXPro too, having 4 speakers in each ear helps a lot with directional sounds, the others mentioned are good too. I'd get something with true surround sound and not simulated, it does make a difference, to me!

Last edited by S7 R0LLING THUND3R on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Since it looks like we're welcoming you into the clan, let me be the first to bust your balls, as we all tend to do to eachother.

DerangeMaverick wrote:Yeah My main concern is that making sure that it will work on my ps3 as well.

PS3 = fail so you shouldn't be too concerned with getting a headset to work with it. J/k.

S7 Wonky wrote:the trittions have a life time replacement warranty I just got a brand new one for free because "it wasn't working right" the trittion guy hooked me up no need with best buy sh1t oh and I have trittions pro

While Wonky is correct about the warranty, his headset wasn't working right due to user error... the headset got confused when he began rapidly speaking Wonkish.

Now to be somewhat productive, I use the Turtle Beach X31s and I love them. I don't mind the chat cable and I have 2 pairs of AA rechargeable batteries and I just put one set on the charger when I playing so I don't have any issues with running out of batteries or spending a ton of money on batteries.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:34 pm

i bought the cheap 20 dollar ones till i can save up for either the astros or the warhead this holiday season
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:28 pm

SteelSeries...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:07 pm

ok well i broke down and had buyers remorse went back to best buy returned the 20 dollar one and bought the detonator headset by tritton. i will be selling these to my brother for 50 bucks when the warhead comes out or i have enough for the astros later this year.
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DerangeMaverick Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:08 pm

S7 Epic wrote:SteelSeries...

link?
DerangeMaverick
DerangeMaverick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:52 pm

http://steelseries.com/us/products/audio
I have a Steel series spectrum 5xb
http://steelseries.com/us/products/consoles/steelseries-spectrum-5xb
Hooked into the astro mix amp
very nice headphones.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:54 pm

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Ok so I'm nearly sold on the A30 Interseptor. I have one question though, how's the length on the cables provided? My console is set up pretty far away from my couch in my living room. I'm concerned that the cable lengths won't allow me to play comfortably - and I'll have to purchase longer cables.

My set up:
Headset Needed. 6201720685_fb9d4d6fc1

EDIT: I just remembered that you have the wireless set up, I think my question still makes sense though. B/c the cables plug into the wireless base, righ? I'm actually thinking about getting the wired setup.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Well like Interseptor, the Astro A30's are the way to go... I bought it with the wireless setup so no need to worry about cables. These sound incredible. I went with the A30's since I liked the on the ear design as opposed to the a40s with the over the ear. I also use my A30 when I travel for listening to music and talking on my iphone. They have a removable boom mic as well as an inline mic for on the go. The case they come with is nice and sturdy and great for traveling. These are truly the BEST headset I have ever had. Well worth the money.

The wireless setup is a small unit that can actually clip on your hip or pocket while you play.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next