Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset - first entirely wireless surround sound headset

+4
S7 Interseptor
S7 Epic
S7 mrmiller
S7 Coolhand
8 posters

Go down

Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset - first entirely wireless surround sound headset Empty Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset - first entirely wireless surround sound headset

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:21 am

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8570207

Looks like $267 on December 17th! I'll be getting this... who else?

No more janky wire going from my head to my hands, tickling my arm, coming loose... it is gonna own!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset - first entirely wireless surround sound headset Empty Re: Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset - first entirely wireless surround sound headset

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:35 am

I really want one, but can't justify the purchase with the success of my X41's. Now if something was to happen to them, I would most likely go with the Tritton Warheads.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset - first entirely wireless surround sound headset Empty Re: Tritton Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset - first entirely wireless surround sound headset

Post by S7 Epic Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:15 am

Ima wait for some more reviews and info. I suspect the Astro mixamp has more utility.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:45 pm

It showed him plugging a phone/mp3 player into it for music while playing. Will the Astros be entirely wireless?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:17 pm

I would really like to have a pair of these but I just can't justify it since my A30's are soo bad ass. Fully Wireless = WIN and if I was buying a headset today I would seriously consider these. Unfortunately, my biggest problem is still that I want a headset to be multifunctional. I need something that works with my Xbox, PS3, iPhone, iPad and PC.

As for your question to Epic, the Astro Mixamp is wireless but you still need a wire running to your controller for chat.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:02 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:It showed him plugging a phone/mp3 player into it for music while playing. Will the Astros be entirely wireless?

Nope, wire for chat and into the headset too, if I'm not mistaken.

Tbh, think I'm thinking of the wrong Tritton model anyway. These have an optical cable for sound, so it would work with all the stuff I need it to. Might be an option but at $279.99 I don't think they'll translate well into £GBP.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Ima wait for some more reviews and info. I suspect the Astro mixamp has more utility.

agreed!!
alot of time its hit or miss and with mad cats there is alot of miss
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Could be worse, they could be turtle beach...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by deepsouth06 Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 pm

I think im might go for the 5.1 wireless. I really want to get rid of the wire to the controller. I mean there just headphone and not sure if the extra 100 or so would be justified for simulated 7.1.
deepsouth06
deepsouth06
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : deepsouth06

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Could be worse, they could be turtle beach...

Why all the hating on Turtle Beach? I have some X31's that get the job done. They're not top of the line but they do what I need.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:28 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:Could be worse, they could be turtle beach...

Why all the hating on Turtle Beach? I have some X31's that get the job done. They're not top of the line but they do what I need.

I find that they break a lot...but if they're working fine for you, then that's great.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Gotta wiggle the wires too often I'm these turtles just to hear my teammates.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:29 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:Gotta wiggle the wires too often I'm these turtles just to hear my teammates.

What was that Luke we didn't hear you??
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:17 am

Gotcha. I've had mine for almost 2 yrs and with the exception of having to trade out my initial chat cable (caused echo) I haven't had any problems and I love them. They weren't prohibitively expensive (although they were a xmas gift) and have been great for me.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down