Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 1

+10
S7 OC
DeadSockPuppet
S7 KnightOwl
S7 Coolhand
Atrum
racecardriver23
S7 Interseptor
S7 Epic
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Wiggles1778
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 1

Post by S7 Epic Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Yeah, the acceleration and the manual advantage is sick. I'm looking at the 'fast' cars and I'm not feeling confident about racing with them. I can hot lap, sure, but they're so twitchy and on tracks like Sunset, all it takes is a skid in that last turn and you may as well be pushing your car as you lose so much momentum, so, with that in mind, I think I'm edging towards using the RX-7 as a very conserative 'fast' car. Ugh, I've never been this indecisive preparing for a tourney before, lol.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 1

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 pm

172 - Interseptor (3 Wins, 5 Podiums)
167 - Atrum (3 Wins, 4 Podiums)
150 - Wiggles (4 Podiums)
132 - LickwedApex (4 Podiums)
120 - Epic (2 Podiums)
119 - Bloodrusted (1 Win, 2 Podiums)
81 - Racecar
69 - OC
67 - SockPuppet
43 - Dovahkiin

Last edited by S7 Wiggles78 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Almost had you Interseptor!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 am

Tourney was fun, as usual, though my car was far worse than I expected and found it hard to get above 5th and hold on. D seems to be an awkward class for grip cars. Hopefully C will bring me better options.

Starting to miss Forza 3's car classifications. I'd be able to race that S4 for C-class...

Congrats to Atrum though...and obviously Zak, not that you need luck when you've been learning how to drive a beast of a car for a week. That said, it was much closer than I expected.

Very close finish between me and Bloodrusted. A higher average finish saved me in the end, when he took 2nd in the last race I thought I'd have dropped down to sixth, but alas, my gap was just big enough.

Going to have to step my game up for the next tourney now that Atrum has a 2nd place finish. Also, not sure where Lickwed is in the overall standings but I need to keep up/ahead of him too.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:18 am

S7 Epic wrote:Starting to miss Forza 3's car classifications. I'd be able to race that S4 for C-class...

I totally agree with that!

I would have liked one of the last three races to have been a little cleaner for me. OC and I were neck and neck most of the night but for all three of the last races I managed to be minding my own business only to to be put into the wall by someone or somones that were being too aggressive leaving, me at a dead stop perpendicular to the wall.

If it was just one person then I could get them back next tourney or something but last night it was a handful of people (racecar, Intersceptor, Wiggles to name a few). I guess at least this time I didn't have a car that had a dead engine for a race, rather I was f*cked over in three races so well that I didn't stand a chance of catching anyone.

I guess I'll start racing middle/front engine vehicles and keep at a dead stop at the start and wait for everyone to pass me so that all the spazzes can get past me and I can have a more civilized race with the rest of the guys towards the back.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:17 am

I was hoping to get the S4 tuned for C-class also... oh well.

I came out pretty lucky with wrecks. Managed to dodge most of them. One time I spun completely out was rear ending Apex (I think it was apex) because I was dumb and thought I could stay behind him through a corner when I should have passed. Glad it didn't hurt either of our cars bad enough to drop back.

That and the one time when epic had me blocked off and I went to swerve right to get around and somehow did the best accidental pit maneuver ever. I was flying on that track but definitely didn't mean to spin you out.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 pm

I had a great time once again. Congratz to Atrum for a very strong showing last night. Best he has ever done with 3 wins and 4 podiums! It was strange, we had less people than normal but it was somehow a little more dirty than average.

I know my car was not the most precise instrument on the field which did make it harder to avoid accidents but I still think I was only involved in two big hits all night (and of course when Wiggles spun my out on Fujimi).

My worst offense was Wiggles on Infinion. My car had much better acceleration and I was coming strong out of a good exit line. I was set up on his left but I needed to pass on his right to make the next corner clean. So, I started to make an aggressive pass on the right and did not judge the distance correctly. Instead of flying by him, I smashed the hell out of his right tail light. Unfortunately it sent Wiggles right into the wall. Sorry about that. It really was a badly misjudged accident.

Still, all in all, I think it was a great night. I missed having some of the guy there though. I hope to see everyone back in two weeks.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodrusted Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:07 am

That tournament was definitely more dirty than the last. I know accidents happen, especially with online racing where latency can make a huge impact, so I'm not bitter. But I'm still going to complain a little because it sucks that most of the time its who is lucky enough to start high in the grid and not get wrecked out in the first turn. Remember, I said MOST of the time. There was a couple times I started in the back of the pack and worked my way up to 3 or 4th only to get smashed up to the point where my car doesnt go very fast. Although this time it wasnt engine damage, mostly body damage. That does slow down a car drastically. One race my entire body was red damage, no engine damage, and my car wouldn't get out of 4th gear. It is just frustrating that I am unable to actually race to my potential because of people making bad judgement on passes or whatnot.

Now I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver by any means. I know there was a couple times I got into someone's bumper on a turn and even spun someone out. Everybody just needs to learn to be patient with the first couple of turns, or even laps. Look for an opening before you pass and make sure its big enough to fit your car through. Might I suggest perhaps having a few extra laps for the C class tournament? This may slow some of us more aggressive racers down abit and reduce some of the crashes so everybody at least has a chance to do the first lap without a red engine. I mean if most of us cant control our slow D class cars, what is going to happen in A? Or S class for that matter?

So in closing, I say again. Add more laps to the tracks, and take it easy people. I know everybody wants to win, but ultimately its about having fun and nothing is fun about being crashed out in the first turn of the first lap.

Thanks!
Bloodrusted
Bloodrusted
Private First Class
Private First Class

GamerTag : S7 Bloodrusted

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:26 am

That's how we've always done it. Higher classes get more laps. I know interseptors and I started from the back plenty of times, same with wiggles. Definitely makes things more difficult but 90% of the time if I get in a wreck I was I. Some way doing something dumb, taking a corner too fast, not compensating for a car with an inferior braking in front of me, passing in a bad place, not letting someone know where I am, etc.
Regardless i know I race better and have more fun if I stop blaming others for wrecks and try to think of what I could have done to avoid it, or at least come out less damaged. Overall fron what I've seen MOST of the time the top few finishers do something impressive such as dodging wrecks, hitting fast lap times, etc to get there.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 am

I think a lot of this stems from the people who don't realise that if they let a player up the inside of them, then they no longer have the right to take the racing line into the corner.

If somebody get up the inside, assuming this is left turn and the next corner is a _____

Left: Brake later than usual, try and maintain a good speed and a wide outside line, if done correctly, you should be able to get the position back, or at least be in a position to challenge for it (safely).

Right: As above, late braking but this time, try and keep the other car on the left, so you can take the inside line this time. You're defending a position - you can't take the racing line AND defend at the same time.

Defending positions costs you and your opponent time. If it is early in the race and he is clearly faster than you, you're probably best off finding a good place to let him pass before you both come under pressure from the guy behind.

If you are racing side by side, then just remember, only one of you is going to make the apex. If you are the one on the inside, then you are responsible for holding that line safely.

Also, if you are trying to pass somebody and you are almost bumper to bumper in the corners, STOP. You are either going to spin them, or have to brake more than needed and lose time. Take the outside (wide) line and try and get good exit speed for the run down to the next corner.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Wiggles or any one else did you/ can take a picture of this group or the last group after all the races. If you did or can please post it up. Thanx

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 pm

S7 OC wrote:Wiggles or any one else did you/ can take a picture of this group or the last group after all the races. If you did or can please post it up. Thanx

BUMP
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:08 pm

I did not save the video. I just assumed someone else did. Oops.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:11 am

sorry havent been on forza since the tourney... i'll do it
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 am

S7R Forza 4 D-Class Tourney - Season 1 - Page 3 GetPhoto-2
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:34 am

My Ferrari is so sexy!
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:55 am

S7 Epic wrote:My Ferrari is so sexy!

See Zak, you can tell it's a Ferrari because it says so on the hood.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 pm

GOO DAWGS!!
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:30 am

I think I've given up on the Impala for this class. Probably will be able to give it the speed I want for the next class, but we'll see. Most likely I'll only use it if I'm in last place going into the final race and don't stand a chance.

I think that I've found a new primary car that I'm going to be using. It's doesn't necessarily have the best top end, but it's fast off the line and pretty solid when accelerating. The handling is great and it seems to work well on most any track with no adjustments to the base tune that I've put on it. I'm really looking forward to trying it out in the tourney.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3