Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2

+6
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Coolhand
S7 Epic
Xpert2010
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2 Empty S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:51 pm

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2

Well, we are off to a great start! The season premier event was a huge success with a turnout of 9 people! It was also one of the cleanest we have ever had. It was a great night of racing and everyone had a blast. We had many of the usual suspects as well as some new comers and old favorites. Glock returned after a long hiatus last season and some of the new guys like Tiptongang had their first showing. Xpert was also able to join us for the first event he was able to attend (first full event without connection issues). It was great to see some fresh faces and the racing was competitive and clean all night long. It was a great time and I look forward to many more exciting nights of racing.

Forza News -

Wednesdays racing was some of the best to date! We had a full room of competitive racers and the mood was positive and relaxed. The F-Class Tourney was a huge success and we had some of the best racing ever in the S7 Racing Division. Apex, Glock and myself battled it out for supremacy at the head of the pack while Atrum, Kenny and Xpert had an all out war for the middle of the pack and Coolhand, Puppet and Tipton(while he was online) had their own battle at the back. Crazyness ensued, epic jokes were made and racing was tense.

Apex had his best showing yet with podiums in every event and a handful of wins to boot. Glock also put up a good fight but his time off from building hurt him in the end. His cars just weren’t fast enough to keep up on some of the tracks. Fortunately I was able to hold both of them off and take the win for the night. Further down Atrum, Xpert and Kenny battled all night and each race was as close as the last. Especially on Cataluyna where aggressive tactics netted Atrum the win over Xpert by 0.01’s across the line. I have never seen a finish so close. These three traded up spots all night long but in the end Atrum pulled out 4th followed by Kenny and then Xpert. Next up was Coolhand followed by Puppet and finally Tipton. Coolhand definitely had his hands full with these guys too. First with Tipton and then later with Puppet (once he finally was able to show up). Unfortunately, Coolhand also had trouble finding the right car and it hurt him all night long. In fact, a few of the guys found themselves unprepared with cars that weren’t quite up to the challenge. A little more prep time and we could see some real changes in position. Be sure to get out there and really build, test and tune. E-Class is less than 2-Weeks away. Better get to it people!

Overall Season Standings are as follows...

Interceptor 30
Lickwid Apex 25
Glock 21
Atrum 18
Dovahkiin 16
Xpert 14
Coolhand 12
Puppet 10
Tipton 9

Well that wraps up the news, now on to the next event. It should be very exciting to see where this season takes us.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, without further delay, I am proud to present the S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2. We are off to a good start and ready to roll. It's time to get to work and start building/tuning your E-Class Cars. You have a little more wiggle room this time and more car options but it will still come down to the drivers who are the most prepared. Drivers will have till Wednesday, November 7 to build, tune and test their cars at which point we will meet up and see who has what it takes to win. Get a solid car and start practicing those tracks.

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Time: Racing starts at 9:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: E-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: Random - Player based
# of Races: 7
# of Laps: TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track. The person with the most points will be the F4 E-Class Champion for Season 2.

*You will also earn points towards our Overall Season Standing.

PRIZES:
Official Trophy
All participants will earn 1 entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the season.
(the more events you make it to the more entries you get)

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Great write-up! Next time I'm on forza I'll upload that epic finish video. Probably the whole race too. We had a few triple wide corners and it seemed like whenever someone gained any ground, the other two quickly caught up.

I'll see you all online later on in the evenings preparing for E-class!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Yeah I think I should get some practice in so I don't have to use auto-brake anymore Rolling Eyes

Edit: If I wouldnt have got stuck in the sand on that last turn, I would have beat Atrum on that one race. Crying or Very sad
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:20 pm

I miss these. freakin' jobs and time zones... =/
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 am

BUMP! The Tourney is tomorrow. See you all there!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 am

BUMP 2! Tourney is tonight @ 9:30pm (eastern). I'll be on before the tourney racing and last minute tuning for anyone who wants to join me. Should be a blast. I can't wait!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am

I will make it!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:08 pm

I won't be there tonight. A friend is coming from out of town so we will be hanging and probably playing some Halo. See ya next time and good racing!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I won't be there tonight. A friend is coming from out of town so we will be hanging and probably playing some Halo. See ya next time and good racing!

Hate to hear that. Puppet has really stepped up his game. I was looking forward to seeing how he did battling it out with you and OC. Regardless, I hope you have fun tonight. Catch you next time.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Can't wait for this. Not sure if I'll be on early or not because of the labor & delivery tour we're going on at 8pm. Should be home by 9pm but we'll see if I get on early.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:40 pm

I'll be on by 7 or earlier.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Running late be on by 9 or at least by the start of race time

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Had an absolute blast. I'm sorry I couldn't stick around for our D class shopping spree. Good racin' tonight.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:48 am

Had a great night tonight wish I could have competed in the last race to try to compete with Puppet but in all honesty he won before that race by tieing me before even after missing a race. Great job bro. Can't wait till D class I need to find a better car that I can get some better top speed/ acceleration. I have a few prosects right now I'll have to see how they pan out after some tuning and racing but I have to tell you it will be hard for me to pull away from Halo and Black ops when it comes out next week. The more people are on Forza and invite me to play the better chance I will switch over to Forza.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 am

I think I'll be in the same boat for trying to make D class cars with Zombies 3 and Halo. I only played Forza the last two weeks and kept tinkering with the same 3 cars most of the week so I pretty much knew how they were going to drive.

The biggest help I got was running so many laps on the tracks that were chosen so I knew how my cars handled on the tracks and so that I felt more comfortable on the tracks. My time racing with Atrum helped a TON to show me lines and how to race the couple tracks that we really walked thru.

Lastly I think Pharoah did a fantastic job with that beast that he built. He started putting that car together when he was running with Zak, Kenny, and I and had some issues that needed to be hammered out and he seemed to get them fixed when he was practicing with Atrum and I and in the time between that practice and the tourney.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am

Awesome races guys. I'll upload one of my fast start videos along with the epic finish on Road Atlanta.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 am

Fantastic night of racing! It was so close by the last race it was CRAZY! And then the epic duel to the photo finish?!?! Awesome!

Here are the final standings...

Season 2 E-Class Tourney

Interseptor 191
Atrum 169
Lickwid Apex 165
Dovahkiin 127
Xpert 102
Pharaoh 94
Puppet 86
OC 78

Props to Atrum for a 2nd Place finish overall and epic win on Cataluyna.

Tourney photo:

S7R Forza 4 E-Class Tourney - Season 2 S2eclass
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Lastly I think Pharoah did a fantastic job with that beast that he built. He started putting that car together when he was running with Zak, Kenny, and I and had some issues that needed to be hammered out and he seemed to get them fixed when he was practicing with Atrum and I and in the time between that practice and the tourney.

Thanks. I felt good about the race and the work I put in on my car. I have more American Muscle lined up for the D-Class.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 pm

I really like the variety of cars we have people running. Makes for a lot of interesting races.
I'm actually thinking about starting up a race commentary to release on the off weeks. There are so many epic battles that it would be neat to have a recap of the tourney and race highlights. Obviously this takes some time so I'll start playing with that and see if I can do it in a reasonable time.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm

That sounds like a great idea. If you can get it going. With H4, I an sure you will be short on time. If nothing else, I will be provided a brief re-cap when I post up the Forza News and the announcement of the D-Class Tourney tomorrow.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

no way interseptor won again... Shocked
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:23 pm

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:no way interseptor won again... Shocked

Standard Wiggles. Wish you could make it to these man. Kenny was lonely on the last track going for 4th.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:29 pm

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:no way interseptor won again... Shocked

I must really be stepping up my game. (Cause I never used to win back in the day Rolling Eyes )
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Until seeing the pic of the cars all lined up, I didn't realize how tiny my ride was. All of a sudden, I feel inadequate...
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 pm

That was fun. I got some cars tuned for D-Class right after that tourney. These past tournaments I really slacked on that and then never had enough time to tune before the races started. On a side note, I think my internet is much better now.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next