Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

+5
S7 OC
S7 Wiggles1778
Lickwid Apex
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 am

S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

Well, here we are.  Two more events and the Season will be officially over.  S-Class represents one of the best classes in the game.  Fun to play, hard to master and pretty much any car you can think of is up for grabs.  Exotics are a personal favorite of mine and here they are pretty much all up for grabs.  Last week Atrum proved once again that he is no joke and playing for keeps.  With his second overall win in a row he has solidified his place at the top of the ranks. Wiggles once again joined us and is starting to get his groove back as well.  It was a good night of racing and we had another great turnout.  11 Members showed up!  The most we have had in quite a long time. it's great to see this much activity so late in the season.  It was a hell of a night and the Season Standings are shaping up to be a very exciting finish.  I can't wait to see how it goes next week.  

Hot Lap Challenges continue this week for S-Class(?) and Apex's Open Track Night will be tonight and next Wednesday.  See you guys on the track.

Forza News:

Last week was once again an amazing time.  We had 11 guys fighting for track position and going all out.  There were great races, close finishes, lead changes and epic wrecks.  It doesn't get much better than this guys.  Atrum took top honors for the second time this season and did it the hard way.  I was on him every step of the way and we changed lead positions several time during the night.  In fact, going into the last race, we were only 2 points apart!  But Atrum dug in, held tight and took the win beating me one on one on the last lap.  Congratz!  You deserved it.  Up next was the battle for the third spot on the podium.  Once again, Wiggles, Apex and Xpert all had something to say about it.  Racing was tense all night and some unexpected wrecks made it even closer then some would like but in the end Apex pretty well dominated and despite finishing dead last on Leguna Seca due to a crippling wreck, still finished in third with authority.  Wiggles followed closely and Xpert rounded out the top of the pack.  Up next was our special guest of the evening.  All the way from the UK, England's finest pimp made his first appearance of the season.  And did surprisingly well too.  Despite being out of the racket for several months he jumped right back into the swing of things and made a solid showing all night.  

Following Epic was another impressive showing from Reggie (sir Reginald Bradford Carmichael III Esq) and Knightowl.  Both of these guys are showing great improvements every week.  It's really impressive to see how for they have come.  Knightowl even lead for a few times in the last few weeks and was able to stay ahead of the big dogs.  Eventually nerves seem to get the better of him but both of these guys have what it takes.  I can't wait to see how they finish up the season. The rest of the pack was equally heated with Puppet, Tipton and OC battling it out all night.  Each had solid races and things were pretty well mixed-up all night.  I think OC started to slip behind a little by the last race and brought out the R@pa Van!  That is never a good sign.  He raced pretty well for a while too but in the end the R@pe Van lived up to it's name and took it's toll on the whole field.  I don't think it took anyone out (except OC who was dead on the track lol) but it definitely created interesting obstacles during the last race.  it was a little crazy at time but I think we all had a good time.  When the dust settled, the final standings looked like this:

A Class Results:

95 - Atrum (3 Wins, 7 Podiums)
91 - Interseptor (3 Wins, 6 Podiums)
72 - Apex (1 Win, 5 Podiums)
69 - Wiggles (3 Podiums)
56 - Xpert
48 - Epic
39 - Reggie
36 - KnightOwl
27 - SockPuppet
26 - Tipton
22 - OC

Season Standings:

80 - Interseptor
59 - Apex
58 - Xpert
50 - Atrum
41 - KnightOwl
36 - Wiggles
29 - Puppet
26 - Husker
20 - TiptonGang
19 - Coolhand
19 - OC
16 - Reggie
13 - Kenny
7 - Epic
0 - Klown
0 - Glock

With 2 events left this is getting very exciting.  2nd and 3rd place for the season are turning out to be very interesting.  Apex and Xpert separated by 1 point and Atrum closing fast.  If Atrum can keep up the #1 finishes this is going to get intense!  And further down, OC, Tipton and Coolhand are also virtually tied.  This is going to be fun to see how it all turns out.

S-Class Info:

This week we are looking forward to the S-Class Tourney.  This tourney will be held on Thursday on September 12.  That leaves a little over one week to get prepared.  Better get to it guys!  S-Class Is probably my favorite class of them all.  It's wicked fast and takes skill to drive fast.  I recommend getting a car and putting in some track time.  If you just show up to this one, you could be in for a big surprise.  You can build pretty much any type of car you like and still be competitive but the top of the class is VERY fast.  This is going to be a very tense finish, I can't wait to see what everyone brings to the party.  There are no car restrictions aside from the fact that they must be S-Class.  Power-train, upgrades, paint?  It's all up to you!  Drivers will meet up in just over 1 week, at which point we will see who has what it takes to win.  

The rules are pretty simple and as follows:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday, September 12, 2013
Time: EVENT starts at 9:30pm sharp Eastern Time
Car Class: S-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: TBA
# of Races: 7
# of Laps:  TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track.  The person with the most points will be the F4 S-Class Champion for Season 3.  

You will also earn points towards our Overall Season Standing.

PRIZES:
*Official Trophy
*All participants will once again earn 1 entry into the GRAND PRIZE drawing at the end of the season.
(the more events you make it to the more entries you get
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Atrum Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:31 am

Awesome writeup zak. Can't wait for S-Class. Definitely agree that you need track time for S-Class more than any other class. The cars are fast and can FLY around the track, or in to a wall/traffic. I feel like this coming week is going to be our craziest night of racing in all of forza 4. Everyone has pretty well learned the tracks and can go fast alone, adding in massive amounts of traffic and anything could happen.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Lickwid Apex Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Its the patience that's needed for the first few corners in any race that used to cause us all the big headaches.  With the seasoned racers on the track now, things can now be faster with less drama.  Its nice.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:49 am

Pretty sure I wont be there this week... Patriots game is on Thursday night this week and I unless they're up like 21 points quick... my attention is going to be there, sorry guys
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 am

d@mn I forget the pats play Thursday. I will try and be there may do some picture in picture/ game cast but also may not last the whole night we shall see

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:36 am

Wiggles and OC, couldn't you DVR the game, hit the tourney, and then pick up the game after the tourney.  Then you'll get to do both and miss the commercials/halftime show for the game.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:52 am

If I had a dvr and wanted to stay up that much later to watch it yes I could.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Wiggles and OC, couldn't you DVR the game, hit the tourney, and then pick up the game after the tourney.  Then you'll get to do both and miss the commercials/halftime show for the game.
live football wins sorry
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:Wiggles and OC, couldn't you DVR the game, hit the tourney, and then pick up the game after the tourney.  Then you'll get to do both and miss the commercials/halftime show for the game.
live football wins sorry
And I think I've only missed 3 games in the last 12 years....

And screaming at the TV is a little weird when other people already know the results
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:49 am

@OC & Wiggles: I completely understand.  Half the time that I DVR I watch as the game is going on anyway and being a Bears fan there's almost always something to scream at the tv about, usually something bad.  You will be missed.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Eating dinner then I will be on for some practice before the event starts.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:41 pm

Finally got th baby down and couldn't get my router/modem to cooperate.  Ended up playing D3 for like 1.5hrs and leveling my barb almost 3 levels.  Would have liked to have raced although I didn't really have any cars ready.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:01 am

You would have enjoyed it, the racing was crazy. Congratz to Zak on the W. KO, nice podium!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 am

I had a lot of trouble finding a good car for me.  That cars that I had tuned for S-Class were different from the driving style that I like/am used to driving.  I didn't have as many issues with the back-end swinging out as the A-Class tournament though. 

There was at least one wreck on every track we raced and we had about half as many people racing this time around.  Pretty much was expecting that to happen coming into the tournament.  S-Class is pretty difficult to manage comapred to the other classes.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am

R3 is even more so.  By far the most difficult class we race.

As for last night, I still had a blast.  Would have been nice to see more people show up as it's always more fun with more people but it was still a good time.

here is the official photo of the night...

S7R Forza 4 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 S3ST_zpsa5c02425

Official standings for S-Class:

Interseptor - 99
Atrum - 86
KnightOwl - 76
Xpert - 68
Tipton - 55
OC - 40
Apex - 29
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Glad it went well.  I've been dating more recently so I won't be on as much.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Glad it went well.  I've been dating more recently so I won't be on as much.
I'm sure you'll make some lucky guy very happy. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:24 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:R3 is even more so.  By far the most difficult class we race.
Yeah, that's something I really should try to get on more often and practice for.  But FF14 is owning my soul atm.  Makes it really difficult to tempt myself to get on Xbox and practice some Forza.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Well, it is the last Forza 4 Championship Tourney of this generation.  A final farewell if you will.  That should be worth something.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Yeah, but Forza 5 is also right around the corner... well.. for me at least Twisted Evil
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Interesting...  You are apparently not the only one thinking about dropping till FM5.  S-Class may have been our last Tourney... sad face
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:44 pm

R3 Fujimi Kaido Battle!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Nah, I'll still race, or at least try to.  I just don't think I'd be getting a whole lot of practice in.  If I end up racing similarly or worse to what I did yesterday, then I don't think I'd be sticking around for the whole tournament.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:11 pm

The upper classes are really rough if you get less practice in. I watched the mugello replay and saw what Apex was talking about on the 2nd wreck with Zak. My car back end kicked out left as I was going straight and moved me over a foot or two before I straightened it out, and watching the replay, Zak had given me exactly that much room causing our bump. 

That type of thing happens for anyone racing. My car was beat up well before that. Nothing to rage quit the night over though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Yeah and my car was not handling well at that point either so it was hard to hold the line anymore than I did.  Some noob stopped short and wrecked my car in the first turn Mad
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next