Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Ninja Perk is useless!

+7
S7 Panzer
S7 Sticky
S7 Vision67
S7 Coolhand
S7 mrmiller
S7 Middy
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
11 posters

Go down

Why Ninja Perk is useless! Empty Why Ninja Perk is useless!

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:26 am

One thing about this game that has been addressed to the Devs is you can't hear enemy footsteps. The Devs did this on purpose...why you ask, because they wanted to eliminate the advantage others have that have surround sound headphones in detecting enemy footsteps and movement. Basically it renders Ninja useless and Ninja when equipped doesn't enable you to hear footsteps. So right now everybody is a ninja. Also you hear your own footsteps... Question
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Why Ninja Perk is useless! Empty Re: Why Ninja Perk is useless!

Post by S7 Middy Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:53 am

yea i thought that was weird too. is it me or does the M16 take 3 burst to kill someone?

S7 Middy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Middy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:03 am

It is harder to hear, but it never was really a huge advantage. I could turn my TV speakers up real loud and hear the footsteps, the only thing the headphones add is maybe adding a little direction to the sounds and keeping my wife and kids happy. Plus normal surround sound and not just headphones do the same thing. Are they going to go to mono sound next, so those without stereo TV are at the same level of telling where the gun shots come from? How about dumbing the res down to 480i so standard def TV guys are at the same level as HD when trying to spot enemies at a distance- all pretty silly arguments.

What I have noticed is you do not make hardly any noise when walking, and only when sprinting/running. So yes, Ninja is still useful, just not as useful. Seriously, if you never registered footsteps, why would Ninja even be in the game?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:11 am

The Devs are the ones that said it's not useful...because of that. It's as if everybody all ready has it. I can hear a little bit of their steps...but it's mostly silent. Was good for hearing what direction others were coming from, but that is what they were trying to eliminate. Ninja is supposed to eliminate footstep sound, but you don't need it equipped because you can't hear them anyway.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:15 am

They basically rendered it useless and have admitted it! They might patch it...they are just trying to balance it out. I just let you guys know because it's something that I noticed while playing and you might have wondered yourself.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks for the info - I run Ninja on all my classes as I loved it in the previous games, but I'll give something else a try now.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:31 pm

If you say that the devs themselves said it is mostly useless, then I guess they must have said so.

However I disagree with them. I use ninja on two of my classes and I love it. It silents my own footsteps and that alone is a HUGE plus to me. It means that any other footstep I hear is an enemy.

I play using surround sound headsets and I play with the sound on real loud so I can hear EVERYTHING.

Someone shot on the other side of the building I'm next to? I heard that.
Someone just dropped a claymore above me? I heard that.
RC car wizzing around? I hide and I usually hear it 4 or so seconds before I actually see it.
UAV up, and I hear footsteps behind me but no one on radar? I turn around because obviously someone is using ghost.

I love ninja. However since getting Second chance pro I've been using that a lot more, plus getting ninja pro is a bit of a pain, and it doesn't change much.

I too have hear a lot of complaint about ninja doing nothing. They must not be listening hard enough.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm

as a person who uses his turtles every time he plays and then when i went to a friends house with out them i can tell you they are a big advantage in the game ... i can almost tell you 100% were people are at and what way they are coming if i license really well!!

now the ninja thing in this game sucks as its not an unfair advantage if every one can go out and buy a headset. but it all good as i still hear people coming it just a little harder to tell were.. but all and all this game is EPIC non the less
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:23 pm

That's the thing Vision...those other footsteps are your own team. You can't hear the enemy.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 pm

This is all easily tested with a custom game. Pick a map that has several surfaces, like water, wood floors, steel grating, etc…. See when you can hear the other team if at all, with and without ninja. Running, walking, crouched, etc... Sounds like a fun test to run if anyone is up for it.

The only question I keep asking is- why Ninja in the game if it does nothing?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:16 pm

I don't like that the dev decided to make all the expensive headphones (supposedly useless). If we bought the headphones we should get the advantage simple as that.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:31 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:I don't like that the dev decided to make all the expensive headphones (supposedly useless). If we bought the headphones we should get the advantage simple as that.
I agree, I just bought the x41s pretty much for this game and Im disipointed the devs pull some bs like this. They should have made imanually fired guns, pistol, shotguns, fal, etc have a maximum fire rate(speed) because it's a whole lot easier and cheaper to buy a rapid fire controller then $150 headphones and its a ton more unfair to have rapid fire vs hearing people move
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:49 am

Hmmmm...I thought I posted what the devs actually said from the thread it's from...oh well. Hey miller they made a mistake...I'm sure they'll fix it to make ninja right. They didn't think it through.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I got ninja pro and it helps alot but still its not as good as mw2 only thing ive noticed so far that i hate is this problem i have trittions and every thing else is just vol max on things they should be and ive been playing around with all the settings i could and still not a good balance kinda annoyed
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:58 am

Looks like they have made some changes in the latest patch, so I wonder if it will make a difference with Ninja. I would imagine it would, as like I said before, why even have the perk if it does nothing. I did like it so I didn't have to hear my own footsteps, so I was using it. Plus with pro you can hear when an enemy plants a claymore, reloads, pulls the pin on a nade and everything, so it was fairly useful at the ninja-pro stage. Time to try out the x41's again.

~mrmiller

S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:02 pm

Good news for me too. I am not sure how useful it was but I still liked using it on my Ninja/Stealth build.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Yeah I continued to use Ninka just because I don't like sounding like a Gorilla running around

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down