Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I got a droid for free

5 posters

Go down

So I got a droid for free Empty So I got a droid for free

Post by S7 Vision67 Fri May 28, 2010 4:02 am

And I need recommendations for free (or cheap) games apps tools and hacks.

Recommend a good twitter app on the droid as well?

Go.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

So I got a droid for free Empty Re: So I got a droid for free

Post by Atrum Fri May 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Advanced task killer is a must to save your battery.
I love paper toss, cribbage pro, and the lightsaber. My one issue is that the cases all cover the receiver for he phone so you either need to leave the top half of the cover off or waste some time cutting out a little square for it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Sun May 30, 2010 2:20 am

AtrumX wrote:Advanced task killer is a must to save your battery.
I love paper toss, cribbage pro, and the lightsaber. My one issue is that the cases all cover the receiver for he phone so you either need to leave the top half of the cover off or waste some time cutting out a little square for it.

I disagree there, if you look at your battery usage, display almost always clocks in above 90 percent battery usage. Also you will start always checking to see what apps are running and always feel the urge to shut down ones you are not using. A lot of apps have a tendency to start back up so you get in this cycle of always checking task killer and shutting them down. I stopped checking after awhile and to be honest my battery life is the same. One thing I do like about task killer is that it allows you to shut down an ap that may be acting screwy. Much better than powering down the phone.

My tip for conserving battery power is to disable GPS, unless you need it for something, and reduce the brightness to an acceptable level. I usually keep mine at 50 percent unless I need it to be brighter.

As far as good aps, it really depends what you want to do with the phone. I have a news, weather, fandango, amazon, google skymap (just for fun), and few others that I use often. The amazon ap is very sweet as you can take pictures of products or scan bar codes and it will show you the price at amazon. This ap has already saved me some cash here and there. Also if you are like me and dont download a lot of music but still like to listen to a lot of music, the Pandora ap is pretty good as well.

I play one game and one game only on my droid...Robo defense. Even the free version is pretty good. Be warned, it is a bit addicting.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Just got a droid myself for free. Bestbuy had a Black Friday sale for renewing a contract through AT&T. I was out of contract and due to upgrade, so they gave me a free HTC Aria. I like it so far, but I really haven't been into smart phones before. Had a crappier HTC smart phone for a short time and wasn't impressed. This one though is much better, and it is small and compact like I like a phone to be. I think it retails around $400+ still, so a good deal. I think they are still doing the deal until Christmas btw.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:27 am

Island Settlers is a fun game (based on Settlers of Catan?... the game Civ was made from), Mabilo has pretty good ringtone and wallpaper apps, YourGolf is a great app if you play golf (especially if you track your scores on a site like Ooob Golf), Shazam is good for IDing and tagging songs, and SportsTap is pretty good for sports scores and news in most sports (pro and college).
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! So many in the app store, it's good to have some direction to go.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down