Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last of us, free mp maps

4 posters

Go down

The last of us, free mp maps Empty The last of us, free mp maps

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Naughty dog announced today that they are going to give away the next map pack for free. It will be just two maps but they are doing this because of the connection issues that the ps4 remastered version has.
I love how they are addressing the issue and not just sweeping it under the rug like some EA game. I hope they continue to improve the game because to me this is the beat multiplayer I have played in a long time. Probably since gears of war 2.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

The last of us, free mp maps Empty Re: The last of us, free mp maps

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:17 pm

I agree about liking the MP, it requires more finesse like GOW and the GR:FS.  You can't run and gun and you really need to work as a team.  And free stuff is always good.  Owning a PS4 is like going to the Oprah show, you're always getting free stuff.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Sweet!  I like free stuff.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:44 pm

So how is the MP is it more of a realistic shooter with a cover system or more based on the games overall SP play style? Its been a long time since I played the game but my next pay check is looking nice so i might be joining the dark side, if you know what I mean.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:19 pm

It's not a cover type system per se like GOW or GR:FS, but you spend more time trying to kill in a stealth mode.  Using classes that have silencers or a bow is nice and being able to use the bombs and molotovs work so you can remain hidden.  If you're blazing it up with your guns or running around you show up as a red dot on the mini radar.  

Also, like in the game, you get supplies to build items, which take time, but building rewards you with what you build and supplies to upgrade weaps, buy ammo and armor.  Lastly, your supplies are about as limited as playing the game on Easy or Normal.  You don't respawn with max ammo, rather you have to use parts to buy more ammo and you don't generally have a lot of ammo so you have to make your shots count.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:48 pm

It plays almost exactly like the SP and feels a lot like Gears of War.  Shoot a bro, bro goes down, finish him off with either a few more shots or an execution style finish.  4v4 gameplay.  Very team based.  A good team will destroy and a lone wolf will usually get killed off.  And Puppet is right.  Unlike Gears, it is more Stealth based.  Cool unique features include the crafting system from the SP.  You can make Bombs, Smoke, Molotov's, Health Pack, Shivs etc...  Just collect the required parts from supply caches around the map and turn the tide. 

Also a cool and interesting...  There meta game runs in the background of the MP in general.  Supplies you collect in-game go towards keeping your clan of survivors healthy. Do well and the clan grows.  Do poorly and they can get sick and die.  Survive for 12 weeks and rescue comes.  Challenges along the way (i.e. get xxx number of downs) threaten to wipe out your whole clan, or give you a bonus.  If your clan ever gets wiped out, you start over at Day 1.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Yea if you are into cover shooters you will like this. You can't roll around like gears but instead you run and hide and make them come find you. For a game that I bought for single player only I am very pleased with how much I am enjoying the multiplayer side.

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

Evol Recovery wrote:Yea if you are into cover shooters you will like this. You can't roll around like gears but instead you run and hide and make them come find you. For a game that I bought for single player only I am very pleased with how much I am enjoying the multiplayer side.
This is exactly my thoughts.  Everyone raved about the SP, which is hands down probably one of the best games I've ever played, and there was little talk of the MP.  From what I've played so far, it's definitely unique and worth a lot of replay.  It's nice to have a smaller MP shooter to contrast playing BF4.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down