Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June

+8
S7 Bullet
S7 Interseptor
S7 Jwriter
S7 Smack
S7 Sticky
S7 Panzer
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Glock
12 posters

Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June Empty Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June

Post by S7 Glock Mon May 17, 2010 10:45 am

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June
by Alice O'Connor May 13, 2010 9:00am CST

Five new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer maps will arrive for Xbox 360 in the 'Resurgence Pack' downloadable content on June 3, publisher Activision has revealed.

Modern Warfare 2's first map pack, The Stimulus Package.

The video games leviathan declined to date the DLC's eventual PC and PlayStation 3 releases or to name a price. However, Activision Blizzard COO Thomas Tippl recently declared that the $15 price of Modern Warfare 2's first DLC "has still provided a fantastic value to gamers." He added "we think that has worked"--no surprise considering the 'Stimulus Package' broke Xbox Live records when it launched on March 30.

The Stimulus Package also offered five multiplayer maps, two of which were from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The PC and PlayStation 3 releases followed later, on May 4.

While Infinity Ward is currently in turmoil, its sister studio Treyarch is beavering away to release Call of Duty: Black Ops, the next instalment in the series, on November 9.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June Empty Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Mon May 17, 2010 1:10 pm

S7 Glock wrote:
While Infinity Ward is currently in turmoil, its sister studio Treyarch is beavering away to release Call of Duty: Black Ops, the next instalment in the series, on November 9.

"Beavering".......now that's a great word! LOL
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June Empty Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June

Post by S7 Panzer Mon May 17, 2010 5:10 pm

$15 dollars that wont show up if one person doesn't have the maps...
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 pm

cant wait to get raped even more from IW

59.99 for the game
+
15.00 for first DLC
+
15.00 for the 2nd DLC

adding up quick
(but i am still going to get it because i am a cod fan boy)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon May 24, 2010 2:17 pm

there is a video out for this map pack on the dashboard

klown i think you will love one of the maps coming out .
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Mon May 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Man I love COd but IDK $15 bucks again for 3 new maps, plus the more suppport they're going to keep that at the normal price for DLC I hope the sales aren't strong this time around lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm

I just might have to tell them to kiss my entire ass.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Mon May 24, 2010 3:32 pm

S7 Jwriter wrote:I just might have to tell them to kiss my entire ass.
I hear ya I don;t mind paying for premium content just make sure it's premium and not something I already logged a hundred hours on already lo.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon May 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm not planing on getting it. At lease not right away (if at all). I just don't think it's worth the money.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:33 pm

Not that much longer till the new o e comes out. He'll I might trade this in when the time comes and the price should have been lower. Tired of companies not making actual content and just making tweeks to already made maps. Won't be buying these for sure
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:07 am

I like all the new maps, with Carnival and Strike being my favorite off first impressions. Of course, Strike was one of my favorite MW maps. My least favorite is probably Vacant, as I’m just tired of that one.

Trailer Park is not a good map for me, and I seem to get destroyed on it most times I play. My M-16 doesn’t do so well in the close quarters, and I get beat by those with the fully automatic weapons, particularly the UMP.45. I need to build more classes I suppose, but of course that is hard to do when playing Mosh Pit as I need as many game type options as possible.

Carnival is pretty crazy, with tons of hiding spots and nice sniper locations. The top floor of the fun house already seems to be a hot spot, as well as the rocket ship. This map is just a lot of fun, as it caters to most any play style.

Fuel is a tough map for me too, as there are just so many windows I can’t check them all before being spotted and put down. It’s another map that favors the camping sniper, and that is my arch nemesis as a slow moving mid range player. The first few times I played it, I didn’t really like it much. Now that I’ve played it quite a few times, it’s growing on me and I’m liking it. I normally like the larger maps, as they allow for varying play style. Fuel could do this, but still seems to be better suited for that sniper that can peak out windows, get a kill, and then move to the next window.

The updated graphics and textures on Strike and Vacant make them look much better, but other than that I didn’t notice any major changes. I got a pretty decent triple kill with a care package stealth bomber on Vacant, so those holes in the roof might be a bit larger this time around. They are both really good maps, just like in MW, and they translate well to MW2 with the new perks and kill streaks.

That’s my first impression. All good maps which will add to the fun of the game for a bit longer, but still overpriced at $15. Is it worth it? Well, it’s the price you pay. Is a Lexus better than a Toyota? Both get you where you need to be going, but you’re going to pay for the extra bells and whistles, so I consider these maps just an added feature to an already great game.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks for the micro review Miller. I must admit I want to get the new maps (I'm such a sucker). Carnival especially looks like a great new map but so far I am staying strong. I find the $15 price tag insulting and I am making a stand on principal. Of course, I might break down and buy them this weekend lol. But at least I know I took a stand, even if it is for 72 hrs Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June Icon_redface . It should be interesting to see how long I hold out. Anyone else holding off?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:10 am

Yeah Carnival is great I tend to like Fuel a lot as well is very big with a great mix of tight spaces and some open areas for snipers. Trailer park is ok I only got to play CTF on it so I have only just had a small sample.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:05 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:
Is it worth it? Well, it’s the price you pay. Is a Lexus better than a Toyota?
~mrmiller
Depends on if the Lexus has working brakes. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June Icon_lol

We all know the map pack is overpriced, but I will pick it up this weekend or early next week for sure. I still put a lot of time into this game and $15 is nothing for the amount of entertainment I will get. I will spend a lot more than that on alcohol tonight.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:11 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:Is a Lexus better than a Toyota? Both get you where you need to be going, but you’re going to pay for the extra bells and whistles, so I consider these maps just an added feature to an already great game.

~mrmiller

I hear what your saying but your analogy is not entirely correct. Your analogy suggests that while the DLC is more expensive, it has more bells and whistles. This is not correct. This is a bare bones DLC Map Pack with no extra frills of any kind and really only has three new maps. A more correct analogy would be something along the lines of "Would you pay the price of a Lexus if all you got was a Toyota?"
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Notice the "Texas" Plates....LOL
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 'Resurgence Pack' DLC Hitting Xbox 360 in June 07-07-17-beat-up-es-300-1
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:18 pm

WOW! $1100 is pretty optimistic there. Looks like it sat at the bottom of a lake for a few years.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:22 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote: A more correct analogy would be something along the lines of "Would you pay the price of a Lexus if all you got was a Toyota?"
Good point. But if the alternative to paying for a Lexus and receiving a Toyota is not paying anything and receiving nothing... well, what are you going to drive? If the overpriced Toyota is the only car available then you pay as much as necessary.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Isn't Lexus made by Toyota? OK- bad example. How about is it worth updating to heated Seats in your (car make of choice)? It still gets you where you are going, but now you added additional content to make the ride a bit more enjoyable (assuming you already had some seats to begin with).

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Ah, I am just bustin' your balls Matt. I knew what you were trying to say. I have a feeling that I will be forced to buy the maps pretty soon anyway. I don't what to be "that guy". You know, the one who holds the whole group back because he is the only guy with out the maps.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:44 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Ah, I am just bustin' your balls Matt. I knew what you were trying to say. I have a feeling that I will be forced to buy the maps pretty soon anyway. I don't what to be "that guy". You know, the one who holds the whole group back because he is the only guy with out the maps.

dont worry, you wont be holding us back.

resistance is futile senor zak.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 pm

STRIKE FTW
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:34 pm

I was hoping more of us and ppl all around should've boycott this with all the support you can pretty much kiss 800pt map packs gone for good.Now we're going to have to pay 1200 for two remakes and 3 new ones.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down