Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cell Phone Upgrade/Plan Help

4 posters

Go down

Cell Phone Upgrade/Plan Help Empty Cell Phone Upgrade/Plan Help

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:03 pm

My daughter dropped my wife's iPhone 5s this morning and shattered her screen. We have the insurance from Verizon, but it has a $200 deductible which is complete sh1t. For $90 I could get the screen fixed from the screen repair company we work with at the bookstore (repairs guaranteed 90 days). The thing we're trying to figure out is should we pay the $90, fix the screen, and then possible upgrade in 3 months when our contract is done, or do an early upgrade and then we either have to buy a new iPhone or do a 24 month payment plan.

We're currently with Verizon because they have the best service, but I'm getting tired of paying out the ass to use them. We're not set on staying with Verizon (we will probably seriously consider changing provider once we're out of contract) but we want to stay wilth iPhones, about 6 GB of shareable data, and we wouldn't mind a new every year kind of program. I thought I'd throw this out there and see what kind of input I could get.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Cell Phone Upgrade/Plan Help Empty Re: Cell Phone Upgrade/Plan Help

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:19 am

I think I am done signing contracts with phone companies. I purchased my last phone outright and if I have any issues I am moving to straight talk or something equivalent. I know there are some no contract companies that are 30-40 for all the text, talk, and data you want. I have 4 phones currently on a 20 gig plan that is 210.00 a month. I still have 2 of the phones that are on contract the other two are off. BTW currently I have AT&T.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:07 am

Fix the screen for 90 bucks, at least you will still beable to use the iphone offline and you could probably sell it to someone for 100 bucks if you needed to. Also check Groupon for repair services, i got mine fix for 60 by using groupon
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 am

You can probably get a good deal more for an iPhone 5s. My guess is $250 minimum so $90 to fix it is worth it. I use ATT and I'm pretty happy with them but I probably pay too much. It's about $100 a month for the phone, 2 gigs (roll over-shareable) and unlimited everything else. Once the phone is paid off it will drop to about $75.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:42 pm

S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:45 pm

I'll have to look into ATT and our tech manager suggested call Verizon and talked to their retention dept and they might cut our rate.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down