Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warlock question

3 posters

Go down

Warlock question Empty Warlock question

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:09 am

I've never played the warlock class, and was thinking on using my experience gem to create one at level 25. Which class should I focus on first? Will the sun singer classes resurrection work in darkness zones when playing solo? I really want the Emperor's class with the force lightning, but will have to wait on that until after I finish the taken king and run the separate class quest. Trying to figure out what will work for me to solo my way up to there.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Warlock question Empty Re: Warlock question

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:29 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:I've never played the warlock class, and was thinking on using my experience gem to create one at level 25. Which class should I focus on first? Will the sun singer classes resurrection work in darkness zones when playing solo? I really want the Emperor's class with the force lightning, but will have to wait on that until after I finish the taken king and run the separate class quest. Trying to figure out what will work for me to solo my way up to there.

The resurrection WILL work anytime, anywhere.  It's actually VERY handy in runs like Nightfalls/Raids.  Only problem is you sacrifice creating any light orbs and damage you could potentially do with the other supers.

Also, you don't have to complete the entire Taken King story to get the new subclasses.  All you have to do is finish the first story quest.  That opens up the quest to get the new subclass.  And as a lifelong Warlock let me tell you the Stormcaller class is pretty awesome.  And the subclass quest is great.

If you use your Spark of Light you will start at level 25 and it will give you gear that's plenty good enough to get you started and at least finish the first quest of the story if you want to get the new class right away.  That's what I would do (and what I did with my Hunter).  As mentioned I started that new Hunter but I like my Warlock so much that I have a hard time playing anything else.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:02 am

I have a level 15 hunter, so didn't want to waste it on him. I doubt I'll do much more than play than my Titan, but would like to try them all out. I'd play them all, but don't know that I can do the story mode again.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Depending upon what you're planning on using your Warlock for, I'd say go Sunsinger. It's kind of like the defender version of a Titan in that it's helpful to avoid wipes in NF and raids. I only run Voidwalker when I have a bounty for it. Because I've been pretty much running only my Titan, I haven't unlocked the Stormcaller yet.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down