Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One getting backwards compatibility

+9
OneBadHuskerFan
Atrum
S7 mrmiller
S7 Panzer
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
Xpert2010
S7 OC
S7 K1ll3rKlown
13 posters

Go down

Xbox One getting backwards compatibility Empty Xbox One getting backwards compatibility

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Xbone is getting backwards compatibility to the 360.

After some Halo 5: Guardians gameplay and the introduction of a brand new IP, Phil Spencer took the stage at Microsoft's E3 presser and took no time to announce a much sought after feature is coming to Xbox One: backwards compatibility with the 360.

The feature will release this holiday season with a digital library of over 100 games right away and more to come in the lifespan of the console thereafter. Xbox One preview members can get a look at a limited library of games starting today, too. The games will work with the features of the Xbox One, like taking videos and screenshots. You won't be charged again for games you already own either, so your digital library carries over in addition to the discs that will work with the One. No list of launch titles has yet been revealed.

This bit of news kickstarted the show and if it's any indication of what we're in for as avid gamers, this should be fun. Keep it here with TA as we dive head first into E3 2015.

Great news! There's some games I didn't complete before my 360 did the ring of death and I traded it in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Xbox One getting backwards compatibility Empty Re: Xbox One getting backwards compatibility

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Definitely one of those things I'm very glad to hear!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Xbox One getting backwards compatibility Empty Re: Xbox One getting backwards compatibility

Post by S7 OC Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Glad to hear but I don't have any of my 360 games any more.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:36 pm

I'm glad to hear this. I still have all my 360 games and I've felt like playing some of them, but didn't want to hook up the old 360 again.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:41 pm

BC is always a good thing. Should have been apart of both consoles at launch IMO. PS Now streaming service is cool and all, especially if you haven't played some older games but I'd rather have BC for games I already own.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:25 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:BC is always a good thing.  Should have been apart of both consoles at launch IMO.  

i 100% agree with that !!! its nice to see it come finally but most of more then likely dont have any old 360 games laying around anymore

on a side note going to make games with gold even better now that i can claim 360 games
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:46 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:BC is always a good thing.  Should have been apart of both consoles at launch IMO.  

i 100% agree with that !!! its nice to see it come finally  but   most of  more then likely dont have any old 360 games laying around anymore

on a side note  going to make games with  gold even better   now that i can claim 360 games

In the perspective of companies I bet Gamestop is just loving this announcement.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:50 pm

Combo-breaker! This is great news. I rarely will go back and play an old game after moving on, but will be great for my kids that always want to play 360 or anyone that hasn't switched over yet. Better late than never, but should have been there or at least announced from the get go. You know GameStop is going crazy right now, knowing there is still a market for all those used 360 games they are sitting on.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Makes me glad I kept all the 360 games I'd want to replay ever: read - Mass Effect
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:47 pm

I still have (2) of my 360 consoles, but very few games.
I don't know why.... Embarassed
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Good, maybe they'll stop making all these GD "HD remakes" and get on to new sh1t.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Plague Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:46 pm

It's so awsome how this is runing tho. I watched the video on how it works pretty neat
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:32 pm

The titles announced so far are pretty unimpressive besides a few.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Ya if you are in the preview program you can look in your my games section and download any games you had digitally that are in the catalog so far. For me I can download geometry wars and a kingdom for keflings. So far meh but I hope to see more

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Come on full house poker!
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:27 pm

That would be epic droopy

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:23 am

I want Dark Souls and Splinter Cell:Blacklist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:29 pm

This seems to be 9nly for digital games, not discs. Am I wrong?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Works with both digital and disc based games.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:51 am

Shuntentatsu wrote:Works with both digital and disc based games.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility
Thanks!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:08 pm

As an American it's still your civic duty to VOTE. Yes I'm encouraging you to get out there and pull the lever for your favorite candidate. If not for yourself, do it for your children. Do it for the next generation coming behind you. Leave a decent legacy! The time is now, and these candidates need your vote to survive a tough list of opponents...

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility/filters/top?page=1

*Not sure why some are on the list. Number one game they want back...RDR! cheers
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down